Good morning peeps. Sorry for the negative tone of the post but I have no one else to vent to. Yesterday I was in the windows store and had a chance to play with a Lumia 900 and man was I sad to have to go back to my blackberry phone. The user experience and visual effects were so pleasing. It was such a joy to use. The major flaw now is lack of apps. Windows does not have a lot of apps either but much better than blackberry. Iphones are good too but the user experience on the windows phone was certainly better than the Iphone. This is all my opinion. I love blackberry but I'm tired of waiting for them to get there stuff right. I was patiently waiting for the BB10 to drop but what proof do we have that all the major apps will even be on BlackBerry 10? What if we wait all this time, spend $500-$600 to buy the bb10 and there's still no apps? I'm sorry for rambling but I'm just voicing my opinion. Am I the only one that is worried?
    Last edited by BlackberryTorcher; 12-23-12 at 11:52 AM.
    12-23-12 06:32 AM
    Yes, only you
    12-23-12 06:49 AM
    It's pretty simple torcher, don't buy a bb10 phone if the apps you want are not available. If it's "all about apps" for you then the big bright apple is the way to go for you. This is as short and simple as I can put it.

Good luck.
    12-23-12 06:51 AM
    it all depends on what you want, my 9930 works great, the phone is solid dependable, and I will be upgrading to BB10 because I like BB products they have always done what I needed them to. as far as app's go I have what I need if BB10 has more (which I'm pretty sure it will) it will be a plus. windows phone is new and there's no way to know if it will work out. I have faith in Rim and BackBerry.
    bb624 likes this.
    12-23-12 06:55 AM
    What apps are you worried about? Wait till Feb and see if the apps you want are there. If not, pick up an android and get blackberry 11 a year later

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-23-12 06:57 AM
    12-23-12 07:00 AM
    Thanks for the honest responses guys. My main concern as far as apps are the major apps Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Also apps like craigslist are a must as well for me. But owning a playbook and BB 9900 im upset at the fact that most of the apps are paid apps!!! Angry birds for instance is a paid app on playbook! Yet they are free on all other OS. Why is this the case? Can someone please explain this to me? Even if BB10 has more apps, will they all be paid only? Will there be just as many free useful apps?! I mean apple has all the fricking apps in the world. I couldn't even find a decent free stock market app on my 9900 or playbook appworld!!! So my main concern is if I wait for BB10 will there be any chance of getting overwhelming developer support? Or will we still be begging for apps?!! Ill just wait till Feburary to see what apps are available and make a decision from there.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900
    Last edited by BlackberryTorcher; 12-23-12 at 07:30 AM.
    12-23-12 07:07 AM
    How long did you use the Nokia phone for? I had been really looking forward to the release of the HTC 8X for Tmobile and when I finally got my hands on it after about 10 minutes I was completly bored,,,sure the OS looks really nice with some really good looking transition animations but that's about all there is too it. You have your home screen with not so "live tiles",,,swipe your finger to the left and you have your list of apps. I think BB10 with its gesture based UI will be a lot more impressive than what WP8 has to offer.
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    12-23-12 07:31 AM
    Angry Birds is not free on iOS.
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are coming to BB10.
    It sounds like you want an Android phone, considering you can download the apk's for any app off the internet.....for free..
    12-23-12 07:31 AM
    Just a little longer OP and all your questions will be answered.

It would be a shame to jump ship now only to realize BB10 is awesome and has the apps you want in a month or so.
    12-23-12 07:45 AM
    It sounds like you want an Android phone, considering you can download the apk's for any app off the internet.....for free..
    I would completely discourage doing this, unless it's a beta app from a trusted company.
    Drew808 likes this.
    12-23-12 07:56 AM
    No it's not only you. I am a little concerned about quality apps too but we will just have to wait and see. To be honest I am really tempted the other day by the new flag ship android phone from LG, and surprised by the <$350 price point of Google Nexus 4, but I will wait for BB10 to give it a fair chance because this time it finally comes with great HW and SW. I think BlackBerry is finally competitive again after 5 years...

It's a daunting task for RIM to come back on top again but, they seem to be doing the right thing to try.
    12-23-12 07:58 AM
    Like other ppl said already, it sounds like you want an android phones...if ur about apps, get a phone with an established eco-system. Just keep in mind this is a BRAND NEW OS, its going to take time for it to catch up. When iOS first came out, did it launch with 1 mil apps? Get a different phone and wait for the apps to come instead of complaining there won't be things u want on launch. This is the negative trend that will deter ppl from getting BB10 everyone is demanding apps first day... IT TAKES TIME PPL! IT TAKES TIME...plus its not RIMs fault if major companies won't support them (I still don't get how ppl don't see this) RIM has nothing to do with major companies...if you didnt see yet, they have released ALL the kits to build apps, they are CHOOSING not to build for BB10...
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    12-23-12 07:58 AM
    Good morning peeps. Sorry for the negative tone of the email but I have no one else to vent to. Yesterday I was in the windows store and had a chance to play with a Lumia 900 and man was I sad to have to go back to my blackberry phone. The user experience and visual effects were so pleasing. It was such a joy to use. The major flaw now is lack of apps. Windows does not have a lot of apps either but much better than blackberry. Iphones are good too but the user experience on the windows phone was certainly better than the Iphone. This is all my opinion. I love blackberry but I'm tired of waiting for them to get there stuff right. I was patiently waiting for the BB10 to drop but what proof do we have that all the major apps will even be on BlackBerry 10? What if we wait all this time, spend $500-$600 to buy the bb10 and there's still no apps? I'm sorry for rambling but I'm just voicing my opinion. Am I the only one that is worried?
    You must be a HUGE fan of that Chilli peppers song under the bridge! We all know what I mean here right? Can you be anymore obvious as to how your here to cause trouble and frustration with this post. Go ahead and buy your windows phone and when we all own the latest and smoother bb10 os experience, we will see about playing catch up. " under the bridge downtown, that's where the tr@*#s will be"
    carlyincanada likes this.
    12-23-12 09:08 AM
    Just kidding me with my last post. I think bb10 is not for you for app worries. I am more about browser experience and phone functionality not what some app will do for me. Hope you find what works for you. Have you a good day.
    12-23-12 09:12 AM
    How long did you use the Nokia phone for? I had been really looking forward to the release of the HTC 8X for Tmobile and when I finally got my hands on it after about 10 minutes I was completly bored,,,sure the OS looks really nice with some really good looking transition animations but that's about all there is too it. You have your home screen with not so "live tiles",,,swipe your finger to the left and you have your list of apps. I think BB10 with its gesture based UI will be a lot more impressive than what WP8 has to offer.
    I only used it for a short while but I was really impressed by its fluidity. I'm really hoping that BB10 will be just as impressive.
    12-23-12 09:27 AM
    Angry Birds is not free on iOS.
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are coming to BB10.
    I used to have an ipod touch and I downloaded and played angry birds for free. Plus, even if its now a paid app I am pretty sure it is less expensive than the one on playbook.
    12-23-12 09:28 AM
    Just a little longer OP and all your questions will be answered.

It would be a shame to jump ship now only to realize BB10 is awesome and has the apps you want in a month or so.
    I agree. Its certainly not that I don''t have faith in BB10 because I do. I plan on purchasing a few RIMM stocks as soon as the market stabilizes again.
    12-23-12 09:30 AM
    No it's not only you. I am a little concerned about quality apps too but we will just have to wait and see. To be honest I am really tempted the other day by the new flag ship android phone from LG, and surprised by the <$350 price point of Google Nexus 4, but I will wait for BB10 to give it a fair chance because this time it finally comes with great HW and SW. I think BlackBerry is finally competitive again after 5 years...

It's a daunting task for RIM to come back on top again but, they seem to be doing the right thing to try.
    Glad to see I'm not losing my mind. I was beginning to feel like everyone disagreed with me. I love blackberry so much but there is only so many chances you can give someone to get it right. After BB10 drops, if no significant changes are made in the app and SW arena, Im going to open my options to see what else is out there.
    12-23-12 09:33 AM
    Like other ppl said already, it sounds like you want an android phones...if ur about apps, get a phone with an established eco-system. Just keep in mind this is a BRAND NEW OS, its going to take time for it to catch up. When iOS first came out, did it launch with 1 mil apps? Get a different phone and wait for the apps to come instead of complaining there won't be things u want on launch. This is the negative trend that will deter ppl from getting BB10 everyone is demanding apps first day... IT TAKES TIME PPL! IT TAKES TIME...plus its not RIMs fault if major companies won't support them (I still don't get how ppl don't see this) RIM has nothing to do with major companies...if you didnt see yet, they have released ALL the kits to build apps, they are CHOOSING not to build for BB10...
    I understand it will take time but with the ease of portability of apps from other OS' I would think if BB10 OS is such a game changer as everyone is saying, most app devs would be glad to port there apps, games etc immediately.
    12-23-12 09:35 AM
    The Angrybirds costs the same across the board. The kindle gets one of the versions for free because Amazon paid for it to be there. I know this because my friends have ipads, kindles and galaxy tabs. The reason you might have gotten it for free is because they may have been running a promotion for it. The other apps you have listed will be available, except craigslist which I have no idea yet. I use them through my browser and it works just fine for me. If you want free apps android is the way to go. I know people who are leaving Apple because they are tired of paying for apps or the apps no longer being updated.

But what really bothers me the most about posts like this is that people post them days before a major release. Why? If you aren't happy leave or sit there like the rest of us and wait to see what is coming.

Oh and by the way do a search on the Lumia phone and you will see complaints that its not as fluid as you make it out to be.
    12-23-12 09:45 AM
    Glad to see I'm not losing my mind. I was beginning to feel like everyone disagreed with me. I love blackberry so much but there is only so many chances you can give someone to get it right. After BB10 drops, if no significant changes are made in the app and SW arena, Im going to open my options to see what else is out there.
    I understand where you are coming from, but as a relatively new poster, do some searches on here about apps and their availability on BB10. Thorsten and RIM are not going to lie to millions of people about apps just to persuade them to jump to BB10. There also would also not be this much hype for a phone if there were not going to be a good selection of apps at launch. I do not fall into this category, but the consensus is most people buy phones for app choices. If RIM was not going to have apps and a better all around system in general, they would have thrown in the towel long ago, and not took it to these measurements to only try to accomplish what the user wants and is looking for in a phone.

Thorsten and RIM are cooking up many things that will remain undisclosed until the end of Jan when they are announced. I am sure it will definitely be worth the wait. They all know what everyone wants, and is expecting.
    12-23-12 10:03 AM
    I used to have an ipod touch and I downloaded and played angry birds for free. Plus, even if its now a paid app I am pretty sure it is less expensive than the one on playbook.
    The thing with these apps is that you have to watch and see when they are on sale. Angry Birds has been on sale on all platforms.
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    12-23-12 10:14 AM
    well as far as facebook and twitter go, based on demos shown by vivek, it looks like there wont even be a need to enter the fb app in the first place! as u can do some core features just from the blackberry hub alone... and it all looks quite stunning! from visuals to animations of jst sending a message off!!.... the facebook app itself has been demoed and looks to be on par with the big guns... so i hope that puts ur mind at ease for those 2 apps at least!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 11:53 AM
    I understand where you are coming from, but as a relatively new poster, do some searches on here about apps and their availability on BB10. Thorsten and RIM are not going to lie to millions of people about apps just to persuade them to jump to BB10. There also would also not be this much hype for a phone if there were not going to be a good selection of apps at launch. I do not fall into this category, but the consensus is most people buy phones for app choices. If RIM was not going to have apps and a better all around system in general, they would have thrown in the towel long ago, and not took it to these measurements to only try to accomplish what the user wants and is looking for in a phone.

Thorsten and RIM are cooking up many things that will remain undisclosed until the end of Jan when they are announced. I am sure it will definitely be worth the wait. They all know what everyone wants, and is expecting.
    Thanks for taking time to explain your point of view on the matter. I will definitely wait to see what BB10 has to offer.
    12-23-12 11:56 AM
49 12