My Z10 all of a sudden no longer makes calls from numbers sent by text message (or BBM) or if within a webpage. I can't even dial them from the text sender - in other words, tapping the top of the text message opens the vcard of the contact. Then I would tap the number and call. Now I have to exit the text message, go to contacts, then open that specific contact and then dial.

If someone sends me a number I now have to write it down then dial it. Even though the number is in blue in the text message and in proper order.

I'm about done with Blackberry and tired of the laughter when someone sees me with it. The new Priv looked interesting until I saw the keyboard and that it's only Lollipop not Marshmellow which is what all the new Google devices are sporting. If BB is coming out with a touch screen version with Marshmellow I'd definitely put it high on the list but I doubt they're looking that far ahead. They don't seem to ever be that ahead of the curve.
    12-03-15 11:01 AM
    I dumped my Z10 two years ago. I now use the Galaxy Note 4. A very capable device. More than I could imagine.

Edit: I owned a Note 3 for a year after, now a Note 4. I owned the Z10 for a year and a half. I bought it when TMo released it in North America.

My mistake.
    Last edited by kellyjdrummer; 12-05-15 at 10:13 AM.
    johnprague likes this.
    12-03-15 11:05 AM
    My Z10 all of a sudden no longer makes calls from numbers sent by text message (or BBM) or if within a webpage. I can't even dial them from the text sender - in other words, tapping the top of the text message opens the vcard of the contact. Then I would tap the number and call. Now I have to exit the text message, go to contacts, then open that specific contact and then dial.

If someone sends me a number I now have to write it down then dial it. Even though the number is in blue in the text message and in proper order.

I'm about done with Blackberry and tired of the laughter when someone sees me with it. The new Priv looked interesting until I saw the keyboard and that it's only Lollipop not Marshmellow which is what all the new Google devices are sporting. If BB is coming out with a touch screen version with Marshmellow I'd definitely put it high on the list but I doubt they're looking that far ahead. They don't seem to ever be that ahead of the curve.
    Odd I'm not having any of those issues. Just tried them on mine. I can either call directly by clicking on it in the text or long press it to add it too or create a new contact.

If you're really unhappy though I say just switch. Maybe you'll have better luck with your next phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:05 AM
    Odd I'm not having any of those issues. Just tried them on mine. I can either call directly by clicking on it in the text or long press it to add it too or create a new contact.

If you're really unhappy though I say just switch. Maybe you'll have better luck with your next phone.

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe the OP should learn how to use his Z10 instead of constantly crying about it.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    12-04-15 11:42 AM
    Happy Holidays, Johnny.
    12-04-15 12:02 PM
    Is it a used phone? How long did you have it for? Did it get roughed up? Haven't had a problem after a year of use. Phone is still in good shape. I've updated the OS to the latest 10.3.2.2813. Curious to see how long you've had the phone. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it.

Posted via Z10
    12-04-15 08:12 PM

Hmmmm.....maybe you should consider reinstalling the OS? What version are you using? Your problems seem unusual. I haven't heard of anyone else having this specific problem. Also, you appear to be a grown adult so I would think at this point you'd be past the whole "caring what other kids think" mentality. Use what works for you and don't worry what your childish friends think.

Z10/Q10, 10.3.2.556, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    12-05-15 09:40 AM

My advice is to re-load your OS and use the latest version just released 10.3.2.2813 (SR 10.3.2.2530) if you have not done that already. Start fresh, give it a try and if you are still having this problem, go shopping for a new phone. You are on a 3-4 year old phone now so............maybe time for a new device. I have a z10 as a spare and have none of the problems that you do. Anyway, good luck in your choice, whatever that may be.
    12-05-15 10:14 AM
    Or have you tried turning it off or on again?

I have used so many androids that I am cured for everyday productivity. Though I use a cheap cracked one for running and trail purposes. For that, it is great.

They have their uses.

Only the people without knowledge don't know BlackBerry.

I usually just grin back at them.

You make a statement with a BlackBerry. You don't care what the masses think. You know what is the best tool for you. If that is some other fruit, fine. If it is Windows, great. Android? If it works for you, cool.

But don't let peer pressure dictate your life.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 04:22 PM
    My Z10 gets a good daily workout... text, copy, call, share, reminders, calendar ... not heavily on line browsing... spare battery a most when on road. Now with Akruto: seamless Outlook calendar syncing. Life is great with my Z10... for almost 3 years come next month January '16. Love my Z10 (STP 100-3).

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 06:56 PM
    My advice is to re-load your OS and use the latest version just released 10.3.2.2813 (SR 10.3.2.2530) if you have not done that already. Start fresh, give it a try and if you are still having this problem, go shopping for a new phone. You are on a 3-4 year old phone now so............maybe time for a new device. I have a z10 as a spare and have none of the problems that you do. Anyway, good luck in your choice, whatever that may be.
    Brookie: will I lose the contents of my Remember App? What will I lose if I reload my OS? Anything?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 11:28 AM
    Brookie: will I lose the contents of my Remember App? What will I lose if I reload my OS? Anything?

Posted via CB10
    You will lose everything if you use the autoloader as I suggested BUT as long as you do a complete backup using Blackberry Link of your existing system, you can restore your apps (Remember included), data, contacts, settings etc. Just remember that IF you were having lots of problems before the OS reload you can import all of your problems if you do not choose your restore from the backup wisely. There are 3rd party backup apps also available in Blackberry World which will also backup and restore the Remember app. In particular, I recommend Ultimate Backup by Runisoft. This is the method I prefer to restore data, apps etc selectively. I am in no way affiliated with Runisoft but I highly recommend their app for backing up and restoring.
    12-08-15 12:49 PM
    Thanks much for that diligent and comprehensive answer.
    I'm not that adventurous or patient to try to correct a problem that was not there before the OS update (10.3.2.556). That mandatory update ruined BB Assistant & made my keyboard almost unusable.
    I'll try reloading OS after I buy another phone.
    Again, thanks Brookie.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-09-15 11:29 AM
    Every single platform is full of platform specific problems. I still didn't find mobile OS which will suite my needs and taste without some degree of compromises. Yes, Z10 is full of problems especially STL100-1 but overall it could be regarded as good business and communication device. I went back from Android because messaging and exchange support in BB10 is far more better than one in Android.
    Anyway, good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:52 PM