Playing around I can't seem to get the z10 to detect a face when it registers "low-light". I've made sure the focus is on the subject's face and the pictures comes out ok, but it won't detect a face. Anyone else finding this? I know I could turn on the flash, but sometimes I don't want that kind of light. Hopefully a software issue that they can adjust.

The camera is so much faster than the 9850l. Loving it!
    02-08-13 05:20 AM
    I was at a store the other day, didnt seem to work in low light there either :P
    02-09-13 09:04 AM
    Have you tried the latest low light trick?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:07 AM
    what is the low light trick????
    please share
    02-09-13 09:17 AM
    what is the low light trick????
    please share
    It's not so much a trick as it is a common photography technique. If you focus on an area in your desired frame which is darker than your subjects, the camera will naturally increase ISO and the aperture to let in more light. By doing that, you'll probably be able to increase the exposure on the people's faces more and the whole frame will appear to be brighter. The camera might find the faces then...
    02-09-13 09:48 AM
    I did try it, thanks. It only works if there is significant light
    It's not so much a trick as it is a common photography technique. If you focus on an area in your desired frame which is darker than your subjects, the camera will naturally increase ISO and the aperture to let in more light. By doing that, you'll probably be able to increase the exposure on the people's faces more and the whole frame will appear to be brighter. The camera might find the faces then...
    02-11-13 06:15 AM
    Playing around I can't seem to get the z10 to detect a face when it registers "low-light". I've made sure the focus is on the subject's face and the pictures comes out ok, but it won't detect a face. Anyone else finding this? I know I could turn on the flash, but sometimes I don't want that kind of light. Hopefully a software issue that they can adjust.

The camera is so much faster than the 9850l. Loving it!
    Yeah I noticed this a few days ago, sometimes only picking out on or 2 faces.

As for the flash, you actually can't use the flash on this mode for obvious multiple shot reasons.

It's not picking out faces at low light isn't a bad thing though, as the shots would be too rapid and close to get any decent detail. Images would be poor quality.

02-11-13 06:25 AM
    A future software update regarding flash on the time shift mode could be as follows (just my thoughts)

In low light conditions when using the time shift function. The flash could be triggered when you take the shot (as in, when you tap the screen). That one illuminated shot could be used to detect the faces and then becomes a point of reference to the other snaps the camera takes.

Just a thought anyway. I've had good success with the time shift camera myself. (tip: watch out for people putting their hands up to their mouths/faces)

02-11-13 07:27 AM
    A future software update regarding flash on the time shift mode could be as follows (just my thoughts)

In low light conditions when using the time shift function. The flash could be triggered when you take the shot (as in, when you tap the screen). That one illuminated shot could be used to detect the faces and then becomes a point of reference to the other snaps the camera takes.

Just a thought anyway. I've had good success with the time shift camera myself. (tip: watch out for people putting their hands up to their mouths/faces)

It's not about detecting the faces, it's about managing to get a good enough quality in the sequence of shots in the low light situation.
    By not detecting the faces, the handset is telling you that time shift really won't work properly in these conditions.

02-11-13 08:06 AM
    I haven't tried this but maybe it would work. Seeing as flash doesn't work in time shift, what if you got a flashlight app running and used that in low light situations when you want to utilize time shift?
    02-11-13 08:18 AM
    I think the camera would close the flashlight app when it opened.

02-11-13 08:24 AM
    I haven't tried this but maybe it would work. Seeing as flash doesn't work in time shift, what if you got a flashlight app running and used that in low light situations when you want to utilize time shift?
    As expected, can't run both. Camera won't open with flash light running

02-11-13 08:27 AM
    When you open the camera app with a flashlight app running, it comes up saying something along the lines of "Camera in use, close any applications using it and try again"
    Good suggestion though...
    02-11-13 08:29 AM