I always thought that the Z10 was the perfect size. Just needed a Convenience key and better battery... times changed and I left it behind. The other day I got tired of social media and basically just wanted a hello goodbye phone with the occasional text here and there. I loaded up and downloaded whatsapp and it worked . The keyboard is Superior to The android keyboard . The keyboard overall is more responsive and learns my typing better the flick type is a breeze. The access to the hub in any screen is still my favorite feature. I liked when they carried it over to the priv and then it was dropped... I'm leaving the Z10 again but this time because of Gmail cashapp and the browser "media" issues. The phone is still a solid stand alone phone. Unfortunately people didn't give it a chance and that goes to BlackBerry as well.. they could have done minor updates to fix issues like the browser... people are getting tired of Android and it's time for a new OS, maybe BlackBerry should have waited until people wanted something completely new, when BlackBerry 10 came out Android and ios were still kinda new.
    Bring back BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-19-19 09:30 AM
    I'm curious, what are the issues you're having with Gmail and the browser?
    08-19-19 09:51 AM
    Go to a website with a video, the video will play but an error message keeps popping up no matter what I do. It's a media player error.

You can't add a Gmail account the way we usually do. We have to add it a certain way using advanced settings. I tried and tried and have given up adding Gmail. I'm about to jump back to my key2 unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 12:58 PM
    Go to a website with a video, the video will play but an error message keeps popping up no matter what I do. It's a media player error.

You can't add a Gmail account the way we usually do. We have to add it a certain way using advanced settings. I tried and tried and have given up adding Gmail. I'm about to jump back to my key2 unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    There is a procedure for gmail here, it's pretty straightforward. It only affects contacts btw.

You need to use another browser that is more current - like Kiwi.
    08-19-19 03:26 PM
    Thanks for the browser but I noticed no words appear on keyboard for flick typing. Also I have read up on the Gmail fix but I still haven't gotten it to work, I didn't know if it was still working or an old fix. The browser is nice tho

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the browser but I noticed no words appear on keyboard for flick typing. Also I have read up on the Gmail fix but I still haven't gotten it to work, I didn't know if it was still working or an old fix. The browser is nice tho

Posted via CB10
    The latest working procedure for Gmail contacts is this;

First, remove the existing contacts account (if it's still there), then go to your Google account and turn "less secure app access" ON (if you have 2FA disabled that is).

If you have 2FA enabled, you will need to create an app password and use the created password for step # 6.

Now follow these instructions carefully:

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description,
    your Gmail address for username,
    and Gmail address for the email address.

6.Enter your Gmail password for the password.

7. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/carddav/v...lists/default/

Make sure to edit the address so the prefix "myname" is replaced with your own prefix, no spaces. If the full URL isn't shown you might need to tap it or hover your mouse over it to view.

You might also need to sign out of Google from the browser to make this work.

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz and Jonathank like this.
    08-19-19 04:59 PM