I think this guy hits it on the head.. for folks coming over from Google to BB10.

After Living With BlackBerry 10, I Went Back To Android – ReadWrite

After being defeated by another random reboot, Im going to return my 4th Z and lurk the forums until an official fix comes out.
    04-22-13 09:52 AM
    OmG than go and buy Android an be happy. Now i believe that Most Post are really fake and Troll Post.

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h, SDTRMG and Dave Bourque like this.
    04-22-13 10:00 AM
    So the guy had the Z10 for less than a week (way back in January, before it's release) and then writes a review ?

Doesn't talk about keyboard, display, the Hub...... just apps, apps, apps.
    CDM76 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-22-13 10:02 AM
    OmG than go and buy Android an be happy. Now i believe that Most Post are really fake and Troll Post.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, I do realize that this is crackberry a site dedicated to blackberry but i did feel that there were some folks that were dealing with the detox of coming from Google. If you look back at my posts, i have gone through four replacement devices, and have been generally receptive to the device... but it just cant compete with the more seasoned phone OS's. I hope BB gets there because i love the keyboard and gestures.
    04-22-13 10:03 AM
    So the guy had the Z10 for less than a week (way back in January, before it's release) and then writes a review ?

Doesn't talk about keyboard, display, the Hub...... just apps, apps, apps.
    Eh good point. but he also has valid points on the BB10 challenges.
    04-22-13 10:04 AM
    I think this guy hits it on the head.. for folks coming over from Google to BB10.

After Living With BlackBerry 10, I Went Back To Android � ReadWrite

After being defeated by another random reboot, Im going to return my 4th Z and lurk the forums until an official fix comes out.
    What apps did you have installed?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:05 AM
    Get a life! Tabar.....k

Posted via my White Z10
    04-22-13 10:05 AM
    I love how this guy says on the first paragraph that the phone "Handles communications well" as if that is some sort of afterthought for a phone. Android email and general communications suite is very laggy and inefficient. But I guess that's not a big deal...sheesh

Google maps is better. It's not that much better, and you can still access it through the browser. If Google wants my business they can build an app for BlackBerry. If they don't, I'm perfectly happy to give it to someone else.

Posted via CB10
    HollyWOOD1906 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:12 AM
    What apps did you have installed?

Posted via CB10
    No side loaded apps, no SD card and I downloaded Google Talk, Flixter.
    04-22-13 10:12 AM
    I see. I assume a security wipe did not help?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:14 AM
    You're getting reboots... that sucks.

But before you blame Blackberry, remember there were no reboot threads on this site until Verizon started selling the Z10.
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I expect it is a Verizon software issue and that is the reason they seem so far behind when it comes to software update.
    04-22-13 10:14 AM
    No side loaded apps, no SD card and I downloaded Google Talk, Flixter.
    Did you try replacing the sim card?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:15 AM

But before you blame Blackberry, remember there were no reboot threads on this site until Verizon started selling the Z10.
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I expect it is a Verizon software issue and that is the reason they seem so far behind when it comes to software update.
    Not true
    I have heard about reboots from before the usa release.
    It may be a software issue still but more likely because Verizon is using older software perhaps

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:18 AM
    First of all, I wish that everyone who reports rebooting issues would say which carrier they are with. Because it does seem to be MUCH more prevalent on certain carriers.

I don't blame anyone who becomes exasperated with a phone, and wants to return it. However, my exasperation with Android was what pushed me to the Z10. I love the idea of Android, a sort of open system. But I also find it tedious. For instance, I do NOT find Google maps to be a superior system, and where I live (Malibu) unless I am on real GPS (not data) it is off. Sometimes WAY off. (For a month it kept insisting my home fix was Qatar!). BBerry maps works very well on data and/or GPS. Also I kept having to pile on apps to get my Android phones to base-line functionality. "Find yer wifi Partner"; "Suck-in That Network"; "Let's play with your Battery"; "Golly-gee, let's sort out that GPS!"... that crap. There are so many "let's fix your phone" apps for Android... well, it's lame in the extreme.

I am keeping my BBerry... I'm on T-Mo usa and am NOT experiencing reboots.
    HollyWOOD1906 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:38 AM

Yea VZW is doing a dis-service to the BB on this one for sure.
    04-22-13 10:46 AM
    Did you try replacing the sim card?

Posted via CB10
    No, I didnt replace the SIM card... did that work for you?
    04-22-13 10:46 AM
    I see. I assume a security wipe did not help?

Posted via CB10
    NO the reboot gremlins got me at about 27hrs into it.
    04-22-13 10:47 AM
    That really sucks. I hope you manage to get it resolved, but if not then good luck with whatever device you choose next

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:01 AM
    No, I didnt replace the SIM card... did that work for you?
    It's worked for some people. It's worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:05 AM

You don't read much around here if you don't know it's not only VZW.
    masha123 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:12 AM

I have the random reboots on a T-Mobile Z10. I've installed two apps, both from BlackBerry World. This seems to be a known issue with BlackBerry support.
    04-22-13 11:14 AM
    I have the random reboots on a T-Mobile Z10. I've installed two apps, both from BlackBerry World. This seems to be a known issue with BlackBerry support.
    Definitely a known issues. I have raised the issue all the way to BB support. I am a bit upset that the VZW support page no longer says "update coming soon" and the fact that VZW is waiving my restocking fees tells me there is something big wrong with the rom burn for verizon or the LTE/CDMA version of the device.
    04-22-13 11:16 AM
    Did you all read the comments below in the post? You really get more information from the comments than the actual OP...
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-22-13 11:24 AM
    not true. I'm totally defending BlackBerry, however, I'm on AT&T and on day 4 of owning my Z10 (purchased on release day way before it was released on Verizon) I was forced to exchange it for another. Thankfully my current replacement has not had many reboots (2 to be exact), but it was definitely an issue with the BlackBerry phone, not the network. and yes, hopefully all reboot issues will be resolved with the new software update.

oh yea...and there's no android garbage on this phone or the previous one
    04-22-13 11:57 AM
    The carrier seems to play a role in the reboot issue. I'm not sure how, and I'm pretty certain that it's not entirely a carrier issue, but it really does seem the prevalence of reboots is coming from specific carriers. That's not to say that only certain carriers are affected by this, but the majority of cases reported seem to be from the same carriers, so a trend definitely exists (but also remember that correlation does not equate to causation).

Switching SIM cards might solve the issue, but I suspect that if the issue is primarily one coming from the carrier (or the way the OS interacts with the carrier's signal), then switching the SIM card won't actually do anything to solve the problem.

As for maps, I have yet to have an issue. It's sometimes slow (eg. when searching or when trying to manually zoom in or out), but every GPS system I've ever used (including Google maps on an Android phone) has been slow, at least to some degree. I've never been told to go in one direction when I should have gone in another, I've never had to wait for it to "catch up" when doing the real time navigation. Over the weekend I was heading to a meeting with a friend, and I demonstrated the awesomeness of the multi-tasking on the phone when I set the GPS up to navigate us to our destination and then minimized the app, played a song, went to a webpage and then jumped back into the maps app (with the song playing) to find that it had continued to navigate in the background and it was showing us as being exactly where we were with no lag, no slow-down and no waiting for it to catch up.

User experience will vary, so for this reviewer to write off BB10 after a week's use so soon after release (prior to the major OS update) seems a bit premature, and I would not recommend using it as any sort of basis or reference in a logical argument against the BB10 platform.

JB
    04-22-13 12:12 PM
37 12