When I switched to using my PlayBook's charger my Z10 would reboot overnight, see Battery Guru historical charts.
    Those with overnight reboots...-img_00000094.png

Those with overnight reboots...-img_00000093.png

As you can see by the breaks in the pattern this is where the reboot took place and Battery Guru was closed. I would only discover this in the morning and that is when I would restart Battery Guru.

Once I switched to using supplied Z10 charger - no more nightly reboots, see example pattern below.

Those with overnight reboots...-img_00000095.png

Does not make a lot of sense but this is what has been happening. I am still collecting data but I have not had any overnight reboots since switching chargers three days ago. Perhaps this will help some people with this specific problem.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    04-19-13 06:01 PM
    i only use charger supplied and have night reboots, not every night though
    04-19-13 06:50 PM
    i only use charger supplied and have night reboots, not every night though
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:52 PM
    I use the charger that came with the Z10 and have reboots every night. I've used the PB charger and it rebooted then too. It also reboots when not on the charger but ALWAYS at least once overnight.
    04-19-13 06:54 PM
    I use my PlayBook charger about once every two days when I'm running late and want to get a quick charge. Above you can see the last time my phone rebooted (its also the last time i went out with 15% only of battery left without my charger )
    If you look at the right top hand you can see today's date...
    Definitely not the PlayBook charger issue. Its an isolated case that you are experiencing.
    Those with overnight reboots...-img_00000206.png

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:13 PM
    It doesn't matter which charger we use, it shouldn't reboot.

Other than that. I'm enjoying my experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:00 PM
    Mine doesn't reboot, I've only ever used the supplied charge charger. And also got a sim card specificity for the z10. My brother had his iPhone sim in his and after he changed it there were no more reboots.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:59 PM
    I use whichever charger is nearer to me and never had a reboot. Never since I bought the phone 1.5 mos ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:02 PM
    No reboots for me at all except an app issue one time called zodiac horoscope.

Never had any reboot since or before that app.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-19-13 09:16 PM
    I appreciate your attempt, but this is in no way any kind of scientific conclusion...all you've done is focused on one potential variable and drawn the conclusion you wanted to see.

With these mini-computers we're walking around with these days, there are too many variables to count and/or isolate down to a single cause (especially after a few nights)...and the majority of those variables have to do with software, rather than hardware - meaning, its far more likely an app, or OS, issue than a 'charger'. If your conclusion were accurate, then most everyone who uses a PB charger would corroborate your findings.

I'm not seeing it...
    04-19-13 09:51 PM
    After trying the dev 10.1 (and many other things, including different chargers) and still having my z10 reboot, I realized that the random reboots are not due to software. In my opinion, it is possibly due to a QC oversight in the manufacturing of certain batches (pure speculation). My wife and I both got VZW Z10s and hers has not rebooted since 3/28, while mine does it 2+ times a day. I requested a replacement unit from VZW and I hope that this one works because I love the phone but this is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by FAS-T; 04-19-13 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot something!
    04-19-13 10:14 PM
    I am the OP of this thread.
    Tried going back to my Playbook charger for a couple of days to see if overnight reboots would return... First night was OK, no reboots, the second night - BAM! rebooted and acted funny the following day - lost audio, and rebooted during the day. I am back on the supplied Z10 charger and everything is fine again. This may not be everyone's problem but it sure is making a difference to me. Hopefully, this is helpful to some other Crackberrians. BTW I have STL100-3 on AT&T with 10.0.10.116 (latest official OS).
    05-02-13 12:57 PM