I want to get a BlackBerry Z10, after just buying and returning a Note3. The Hardware build quality was extremely bad. Anywho, Ive been following the Blackberry commotion and find myself hesitant to buy one. My friend has shown me the upgrades from 10.1 to 10.2 and I'm impressed but does it stop there? Will they stop updating after 10.2.1? I feel as if they will cut off the Z10 and Q5 and focus on updating the Q10 and Z30. I know most of you will recommend buying a Z30 but I have a really sweet deal for a Z10.
    10-26-13 10:21 PM
    Software updates will continue, it just depends if Z10 will have the hardware necessary for all new features. Currently it can't support wifi-direct or miracast etc. It will miss out on some features, but for sure it will receive software updates with Q10 and Z30.
    10-26-13 10:31 PM
    If you have a really sweet deal then give it a go. It seems like a low risk venture to me.
    10-26-13 10:31 PM
    Software updates will continue, it just depends if Z10 will have the hardware necessary for all new features. Currently it can't support wifi-direct or miracast etc. It will miss out on some features, but for sure it will receive software updates with Q10 and Z30.
    I use wi-fi direct with my Z10 and VT60 Panasonic
    10-26-13 11:03 PM
    If Z30 was launched first, I'd probably get it than the Z10. As per specs, Z10 is an okay device, don't expect much to it. It doesn't have quad-core processor or graphics and it does have a terrible battery life but it is what it is.
    10-26-13 11:14 PM
    I use wi-fi direct with my Z10 and VT60 Panasonic
    Apparently I mistook Wi-Fi direct for DLNA using the Play On feature.
    10-26-13 11:29 PM
    The only update won't be supported by 10.2 in the Z10 is MIRACAST due to some restrictions!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:24 AM
    If Z30 was launched first, I'd probably get it than the Z10. As per specs, Z10 is an okay device, don't expect much to it. It doesn't have quad-core processor or graphics and it does have a terrible battery life but it is what it is.
    terrible battery?????
    I get twice the battery than I did with my (x) nexus4, 30% better than I did with my GS2x and 30% better than I do with my iPhone 5...... best do research before making such a statement... ruins your credibility
    10-27-13 02:41 AM
    terrible battery?????
    I get twice the battery than I did with my (x) nexus4, 30% better than I did with my GS2x and 30% better than I do with my iPhone 5...... best do research before making such a statement... ruins your credibility
    Exactly what NNIK said.
    10-27-13 03:07 AM
    Lol, get the z10 dude.
    I promise you, that you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:08 AM
    It's a good device on a good OS (10.2) battery is up on you the more you play games the more power it needs. I can run my z10 for minimum 15H on Messages and calls, today i see the z10 on amazon for 289� and for me this is a great price...

No need for am quadcore CPU here
    10-27-13 03:20 AM
    Like you, I have also been looking for a while. I ended up ordering one for $299 (aud), which is a good price I think. Seeing an iPhone5 is around $1000, and the z30 is $700,the 10 definately makes sense. This site is great for finding out about things before you get one - it was what eventually convinced me.
    10-27-13 04:24 AM
    I know Z10 has a terrible battery because I experience it myself from day one. And I'm not the only one. Everyone has been ranting the 1,800 mah ever since.
    10-27-13 04:41 AM
    I know Z10 has a terrible battery because I experience it myself from day one. And I'm not the only one. Everyone has been ranting the 1,800 mah ever since.
    Well, we will have to agree to disagree, because I have experienced great battery life from day one, and I'm not the only one, there's heaps of people saying the same thing as me.

You were too general to imply that the battery was terrible, there is many variations to consider such as settings and usage as to why someone is having poor battery life.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:18 AM
    I agree. I stand corrected. Truce
    10-27-13 05:20 AM
    No buts... it's an awesome device.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:23 AM
    Well, we will have to agree to disagree, because I have experienced great battery life from day one, and I'm not the only one, there's heaps of people saying the same thing as me.

You were too general to imply that the battery was terrible, there is many variations to consider such as settings and usage as to why someone is having poor battery life.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is subjective, since one person's heavy use is another person's moderate use.

Compared to other smart phones, the Z10 falls into the middle of the pack. This would normally be unacceptable for a business class phone except that it has a removable battery. Even with that, if I am using the phone a lot and don't have access to a charger, after 12 hours, I'll have two dead batteries.

The only real negative to the battery life has been when the phone freaks out and starts heating up, indicating a huge battery drain. This has happened less on 10.1, but it still happens on occasion.

The battery in the Z10 is not terrible, but neither is it exceptional.

@OP - the Z10 will likely be updated along with the other BlackBerry 10 phones. It is no longer a flagship device, so it won't get as much attention as the other phones. However, if you've got a sweet deal, don't shy away. The phone is a good phone, and after 10.2 should have solid performance comparable to other top tier phones

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:21 AM
    Get Z30..it will carry you through 2014 and beyond

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-27-13 07:46 AM
    This point you make about battery life is subjective on your part you cannot give it as fact, because many Z10 users including myself, have no problems with battery life. I accept that you have experienced battery life issues using the Z10 not that the Z10 battery life is not good.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:45 AM
    Phone is great. Battery is not so great for me. Thats why I bought an extra with charger. The bundle works great as you don't have to keep your phone connect to a wall.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:18 AM
    Ive owned the Z10 since it was released in Canada and I can say battery was ok. Since the leaks my battery has been great. 15 plus hours every charge. So with that I don't think you should be saying that everyone is ranting.
    10-27-13 09:28 AM
    I have not had the bad experience with the battery life that others have spoken of. The Z10 has been a solid device for me.
    I unplug from the charger at 6:30am daily. Texts, emails, some Web browsing, multiple phone calls, wifi on and disconnects when I leave my home, phone switches in and out of LTE during the day depending on where I am, blue tooth on all day, and when I return home around 6 - 7pm in the evening I still have 40 - 60% left on my battery.
    My iPhone 5 was always warning me of 20% by 8pm. I have not been able to kill the battery on my Z. I will say that I don't play any games but I do spend time every day reading articles on CrackBerry.
    This may not be typical battery life but I sure can't complain! I also have screen brightness a little lower than half way and swipe gestures are on.
    My opinion would be give the Z10 a try. I think it's worth it.

Verizon STL100-4 on 10.2.0.1767
    10-27-13 09:42 AM
    I've been using z10 since March.i am in love with Z10. It is fantastic smartphone. I have found every thing normal including battery. I have always kept my z10 upto date with leak versions. I use my phone for below reasons. Phoning, reading news paper, games, camera, reading PDF, BBM. Rarely, what's up all the time, corporate email & personal email configured, Facebook, Twitter, evernote, Dropbox, remember, media player, calendar etc with this much use I am ok & comfortable with Z10

Phone history - Nokia 8310>. O2 XDA II > Sony Ericsson W610i > BB curve 8520> BB curve 9380> BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 09:50 AM
    Buy the Z10 with the sweet deal. It's what I did and I am very happy.
    10-27-13 09:54 AM
    I am very happy with my Z10 because...

1) The screen is fantastic even in Southern Cali bright sunlight -- my previous phone was impossible to read in bright light.
    2) I find the battery to be fine but I will not own a phone that doesn't allow me to swap out a battery if need be. My phone gets moderate - heavy use.
    3) Removable SD card.
    4) T-mo USA has wifi-calling which is fantastic for not only extending your range, but for overseas to and from home free calls. It's crystal clear. (Not avail on iPhone)
    5) Form factor: just big enough to be sort-of tablet useful. Not sure I'd like it any bigger but really fits my hand.
    6) The HUB! Don't know if I could really have another phone that didn't include this feature. Just too smart and too convenient.
    10-27-13 10:46 AM
34 12