I'm concerned about the horror stories concerning batt life. Luckily I'm not one to be drawn in by constant negative stories about this and that. I like to make an informed and impartial decision based on help and revues and if possible hands-on information that I can gleam from various sources - none better, imho, than CB!

Has the batt life improved with recent updates and the recent leaked 10.2 updates?

Another question I would like to ask is about the ringing volume and earpiece volume. I work in a pretty noisy environment and need to hear my phone ring, and hear the person on the other end.

Email - I know you don't need BIS anymore with BB10. Does it work in normal smartphone fashion? i,e using Gmail for your email out of your monthly data allowance?

Camera. Any good?

PS: Should I hold out for the Z30? I'm quite impresses with the batt stats on it.

Many thanks in advance.
    08-22-13 02:41 AM
    Can't complain about camera, it is good enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 03:13 AM
    I would recommend a Z30 if you can wait and you like a bigger screen... otherwise get it!

These stories are from the unlucky people who have problems. Just like any phone you have a massive amount of people where the phone works perfectly for them and then you haven't hose unlucky few.

If you like the phone and feel it is right for you, get it! We will help you out with any questions

The camera is great btw!
    vegas33139 likes this.
    08-22-13 03:25 AM
    I'm concerned about the horror stories concerning batt life. Luckily I'm not one to be drawn in by constant negative stories about this and that. I like to make an informed and impartial decision based on help and revues and if possible hands-on information that I can gleam from various sources - none better, imho, than CB!

Has the batt life improved with recent updates and the recent leaked 10.2 updates?

Another question I would like to ask is about the ringing volume and earpiece volume. I work in a pretty noisy environment and need to hear my phone ring, and hear the person on the other end.

Email - I know you don't need BIS anymore with BB10. Does it work in normal smartphone fashion? i,e using Gmail for your email out of your monthly data allowance?

Camera. Any good?

PS: Should I hold out for the Z30? I'm quite impresses with the batt stats on it.

Many thanks in advance.
    Batt life: I think my battery life is decent (I need a charge about halfway through my day. However, my battery life was better on 10.1 vs the 10.2 leak I have installed now. I will say that with a good charger, it charges up very fast (pretty much a 3/4 recharge to full as I am commuting to my next job--35 min away)

Volume: Not really sure. Setting a custom (louder) ring certainly helped me hear it. The earpiece volume, I can't really say. As far as speakerphone is concerned though, I would sometimes have to bring it up to my ear to hear in my windy car. My plantronics headset works nicely instead.

Email : I have unlimited data, so I don't know of the data usage. But, I sync 6 email accounts (1 pop, 2 Gmail, 3 imap) and 4 Gmail calendars with no issues. The Hub is incredible for always staying right on top of any notification wherever you are in the phone and at any time.

Camera: I can't say too much here either. It works well enough to take pictures of the rabbits in my backyard.

Posted via CB10
    vegas33139 likes this.
    08-22-13 03:28 AM
    Personally I love my Z10, Now with the latest OS updates battery concerns fadded. I must say I always turn off the Wifi or the Data service whenever I don't see a need for it. With this caution I always get a Z10 that holds 1 day and half. With a little more power use (calls, litlle surfing, e-mail and texting) , Wifi turned on when good coverage and Data service on I can hold 8 hours enough to stand clear of the charger for a work day. Now if battery is a real concern for you I'll recommend turning to the Q10 or Q5 with their larger batteries they get extremely good battery life or wait for the new Z30 which will come with a bigger battery but with it's bigger screen and upgraded specs battery life on the Z30 is still unsure.
    Now being a Z10 owner the latest announcement of the Z10 having an outdated WiFi chip that will not even support all the features of the newest update 10.2, namely the Miracast technology, I'm pretty disappointed ! It's not really about Miracast, I couldn't care less about it since the DLNA sharing workins pretty fine for me but it's just the fact of having bought apparently a flagship device and having paid a decent amount of money to support BlackBerry and again I was deceived...but that's just me and it shouldn't hold you back. For the new devices like the Q10, Q5 and the announced Z30 this will not happen.
    I hope I could help you.
    Olidamarra and vegas33139 like this.
    08-22-13 03:32 AM
    My battery lasts all day for me unless I'm on blue tooth all day. I always carry the BlackBerry battery charger bundle with me when I'm out for more than 6 hours just in case but most times I don't need to swap out the battery.

Volume is fine but I usually use a blue tooth headset.

Email is the usual smartphone way of doing things ie. no more BIS. Sync across any email platform is fine.

Camera is as good as any I've tried (iPhone 5, SGS3). In order to lighten your pics, just drag the reticule on the screen to a dark part of the picture. Smoooooth!

Love my Z.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    08-22-13 04:48 AM
    If you have too many apps that are set in the notification, it will drain your battery. eBay notification killed my battery in 3 hours. I turned it off now it's back to normal, which is at least 8 hours.

I also have over 200 apps on my phone, don't ask why. So what I did was turn off all notifications except the ones that u use daily. Good Luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:55 AM

Camera. Any good?

Many thanks in advance.
    Love my Z10, all day and half the night battery if I dont use Navigation for 3 hours...camera takes clear pics, 10.2 does better on battery, calls are clear, I wrar a bluetooth and it tells me when a call comes in ( I'm hearing impaired, brain too lol)

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... 810 Runtime
    08-22-13 04:57 AM
    Listen, it has a 4 inch screen, and a dualcore CPU.

It doesnt have "bad battery life" it's just a fact of life, that a phone like that can't have 2 or 3 days of battery, like the old Bolds.

It has a comparable battery life of an iphone5 or a HTC One. About half a day with heavy use, and a whole day with medium use.

If you want a modern smartphone AND a phone that'll last you for two days of use, get a Droid Maxx. It's still fairly slim, but has a humongous battery with twice the capacity of a Z10, and will easily last you two days...
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    08-22-13 04:59 AM

"Seems to have improved. I am running the latest leak."
    "It's comparable with other phones in this if you ask me."
    "Works great with gmail. I'm on unlimited data."
    Camera. Any good?
    "Improving with each leak. If you ask me it shines on outdoor pictures. On indoor pictures in lower light, not so much. "
    "That's entirely up to you. I don't think it will be much longer to wait."
    Many thanks in advance.
    08-31-13 10:40 AM
    My battery life has gotten better on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1371. Camera is darn amazing. I've gotten numerous compliments from apple users that my pics are amazing. It's a good phone but don't expect a perfect phone. That was when you have issues you're not surprised.

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    08-31-13 10:59 AM
    If you are so worried about battery life just wait and buy the Z30. It will be superior than the Z10 in many other aspects and build quality is apparently equivalent if not better than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:06 AM
    Battery life is fine if you compare with iPhone5....
    It lasts me a day if the Wifi coverage is good... and lasts for 8 hours with heavy usage.
    I recommend you to check how the battery on z30 performs... else if you need a beautiful and powerful phone then z10 is the way to go...

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    08-31-13 12:01 PM
    Most of the horror stories about the battery were for earlier software versions. I'm finding the battery life to be excellent these days.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:02 PM
    Battery life is also impacted by mobile coverage in your area. I usually get about 16 hours in a day if I am at work that day. Doing the same things but working from home I get more like 28 hours.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:16 PM
    I get better battery life then my friends' iphones and galaxy

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:19 PM
    I get a solid 10-12 hours on mine with moderate to heavy use, but that's with wifi. Not sure about just using my 4g.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:42 PM
    Battery life always varies, depending on usage.

At first, it tends to be horrible because the OS is settling in Andis working in the background, plus, it's a new toy and you can't leave it alone.

After a few weeks, it'll settle down a bit, and you should be able to go about twelve hours on a battery, unless you are using it to watch movies or something similar.

I use blue tooth all day at work. I also leave on wifi. I take all of my calls on my mobile phone, text some, check the weather a couple of times, browse the net, and just generally do what I want, when I want with the phone. My only nod to reducing power consumption is that I've turned down the brightness screen setting to about 25% and I've turned off swiping to wake it up.

Both of my batteries (I carry two, just in case I have a long day) last about twelve hours without a recharge.

So don't let battery life be what scares you off of the Z10.

Ear piece volume could be better, but I think this is a function of my blue tooth device (plantronics Voyager Legend), as corded volume is plenty loud.

The ranger can be made quite loud, depending on what you set as your ring tone. I work in a shop and can hear my ringer at any time.

Camera is good. Got to play with it a bit to get used to how it works, but it takes decent pictures - much better than the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:47 PM
    A heavy user and not running any leaked OS updates but find that I can go from 7.30 till 10 most days on a full charge. I would class my self as an average to heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 03:46 PM
    I personally think a lot of the bad press about the battery is a batch of bad phones. My first Z10 got 4 hours doing nothing. My carrier took it back and replaced it. Now I regularly get at least a day and a half. So battery woes - neither of my kids with iPhone 5s get the run I do.
    Camera. Great. Its NOT a hasselblad but for a camera phone it takes great pictures. I really like the built in edit program. I have to admit I haven't printed anything yet but I suspect it will be at least as good as my iPhone 4 was.
    Apps. I have everything I need. Dont need instagram. Was an early adopter on the iPhone and left it. Too many posers. (that should get me a lot of flak)
    As to the system. Nothing beats it. Was an apple developer. IOS is the original but BlackBerry is the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:01 PM