I can obtain a brand new sealed z10 for $100. I always wanted to try one of these out back when they came out. How does the latest version of BB10 run on this device? I don't run major apps or games and do not do Facebook or whatsapp.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 07:35 PM
    The Z10 would be the perfect phone for you then. And with the latest OS it runs buttery smooth. The only drawback with the Z10 is the battery. I was getting 14-16 hrs. per day with moderate usage. If it becomes a problem for you, you can always get the charging bundle. It's a great phone!

03-30-16 08:08 PM
    Mainly calls, emails, texting, and Internet browsing. Should the battery do well under these circumstances?

03-30-16 08:25 PM
    Mainly calls, emails, texting, and Internet browsing. Should the battery do well under these circumstances?

Internet browsing will put a hit on the battery for sure. Great phone non the less.
    03-30-16 10:07 PM
    I just bought one with a spare battery and charging bundle. Very good phone with 1st class sensitivity for rural areas. I added Skype from Amazon App Store and a few others. Very high quality electronics in these. I get about 16 hours out of the battery.

It needs 20% charge to auto update so plug it in before you use it. 1st rate phone.

03-31-16 02:20 AM
    Totally worth it. I've got the white one and really admiring the design. Battery life is the weakest of all my BB phones, my only complaint. Maybe I could wish for smaller size too...

As for apps and games, I think it has enough, more than enough games. In fact we usually have at least 3 iPhones amongst the adults here but the kids are usually fighting for my Z10 to play on!!

I'm impressed by the build quality, I've dropped it several times already, without case or screen protector. The last time was 1.5m onto a tile floor. So far no scratches, chips, dents or anything! Brand new looks!
    03-31-16 10:43 PM
    Based on your needs, I think you'll really appreciate the Z10, the form factor is absolutely brilliant, I've dropped mine many times and its stood the test of time, I find BB10 still runs fairly well on it.
    04-01-16 04:53 PM
    Totally worth it. I've got the white one and really admiring the design. Battery life is the weakest of all my BB phones, my only complaint. Maybe I could wish for smaller size too...

As for apps and games, I think it has enough, more than enough games. In fact we usually have at least 3 iPhones amongst the adults here but the kids are usually fighting for my Z10 to play on!!

I'm impressed by the build quality, I've dropped it several times already, without case or screen protector. The last time was 1.5m onto a tile floor. So far no scratches, chips, dents or anything! Brand new looks!
    It looks good because it is tough plastic. I keep saying to BlackBerry, give me a slab of black plastic, no physical keyboard, and I will buy a new phone to replace my z10.

The batteries are cheap. I got a spare plus external charger when I bought the phone. After close to three years, the charge efficiency was about 80%. I just bought two more fresh batteries. About $8 US.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 05:38 PM
    I am convinced! Ordered it yesterday. I can't wait to receive it. I am ready for a durable touchscreen phone that is not the size of a tablet.....lol!!

Y. Z. likes this.
    04-01-16 06:29 PM
    I just put my Z10 down and switched carriers to get a Passport. The Z10 is a great phone. You will not regret getting it. I would be shocked if you didn't care for it. Based on your needs, it definitely fits the bill. Best of luck with it! I'm keeping mine as a backup by the way.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-01-16 09:13 PM
    I have my Z10 as a back up phone. Used it for over 2 years with no issues. I have a Z30 right now but I will always miss the size if the 10.
    For your use it should be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 09:27 PM
    Congrats, I hope you like it. I have been running some radio-off tests on mine and with only the phone signals on and battery saver at 100℅ the phone uses 20℅ per day.

I have a couple of spare batteries now so 'amp-anxiety' is banished.

The GPS chip in the Z10 is also extremely fast, so I'm having fun tracking Glonass SATs with it. I use a 7" Android tab for browsing, so the Z10 is mostly my car and travel phone. Hooks straight into the car Bluetooth with no problems and can dial out from the car radio.

04-01-16 11:51 PM
    Just received it! I am setting it up now. I love the size and the keyboard is vkb awesome!

I am kicking myself for not getting this phone sooner!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    04-04-16 10:47 AM
    Congrats man! That's a reliable peace of equipment.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:54 AM
    Congrats. Been using mine since it came out on Verizon. After three years my battery health was at 79%. I put in a new battery and I 'm good for another three years.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 11:25 AM
    That's great. I hope to be using this device for another 3 years as well. I am going to perform the os upgrade later today. I love my Priv ....but this z10 is sweet!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 12:19 PM
    So fully set up now and upgraded to latest version of BB10 and I gotta say......I am really loving this little phone.
    1. It fits in my pocket
    2. It's like my q10 with much larger screen and I feel like it makes bb10 a much better experience
    3. I am not an app hound but I have the essentials....ebay, chase, Pandora, laudate, tune in radio, Evernote, and LinkedIn.
    4. I can one hand type on this device like nobody's business!

If you are on the fence about this device.....take the jump...it's a great device.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 08:44 PM
    Just repeating what has been said. Battery sucks. Someday I couldn't get to lunch with it.. Passport goes all day and then some.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 08:51 PM
    So I have heard......coming from Android phones and dealing with battery drain....i hope I can find a way to shut down the non essentials to keep the battery going. I plan to buy a few spare batteries just in case!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 09:13 PM
    Just repeating what has been said. Battery sucks. Someday I couldn't get to lunch with it.. Passport goes all day and then some.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you aren't syncing your email too often. Default is 30 minutes. I never have imap issues, so I set it to four hours. If you have a lot of email accounts, all that syncing will drain your battery.

Then do the usual, like turn of bluetooth if not in use, wifi, GPS, etc.

You should invest in an external charger. ;-) Keep a battery in the oven, so to speak.

The thing with the Z10 is it is probably four year old tech as far as the processor goes. Finer geometry means less power.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 09:59 PM
    Yep....just picked up 2 batteries on the Bay and nabbed a portable charger too. Hopefully this setup will keep me going strong all day.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:11 PM
    Well, have fun. I get all day battery on my Z10 just syncing email. I turned off Twitter, location, and I don't use Facebook. I do leave Skype running. I just got 36 hours from the last charge so it can be done.

My Z10 has a flip case with the magnet to turn off the screen. I leave it face down with Flip to Save Power on.

Busy people or FB addicts will use more juice, though. :-)

04-05-16 12:17 AM
    I saw a really good offer for a z10 with a broken screen (under 20$) and I could order a new lcd for it and fit it myself but I'm still pondering whether I should get it or not I always wanted a z10 since it came out, but I never got around to own one... I guess I'll wait until the end of the month for my paycheck to arrive and then, if the offer is still up, I'll go ahead and buy it!

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-05-16 06:12 AM
    Just a few things about the Z10, I've had mine since, December 2013. I used it as a main phone until December 2014. During this time I worked in a gym and always had it on my pocket. Even with a screen protector, I felt the touch screen become much more less sensitive than it was before, so watch out about getting it sweaty haha. The typing on it is great and BB10 is a fantastic OS.Hope you enjoy it.
    04-05-16 06:27 AM
    I have had the phone all day with some calls, texts, checking emails, some Web surfing, checking bank balances and PayPal and I am at 55% left on battery. Not bad....better than the Priv so far....lol!! But seriously this phone has grown on me and will be my primary device for the foreseeable future. The size and the screen size utilizing bb10 is a great setup for me. Again....I am kicking myself for not giving this phone a go back in 2013!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    04-05-16 05:45 PM
71 123