Anyone with a dev alpha phone notice any lag at all or is it WP8 smooth?
    12-31-12 05:45 PM
    Talked my wife into getting the Z10 also. She is sold. White for me. Black for her.
    01-14-13 08:43 PM
    Seems like people are pretty easily convinced on this phone. Talked to several more people at work, showed them some vids of it in action, and they were "wowed" by it. Both of them iphone users but said they will be right there with me in line when launched on Verizon
    01-14-13 08:53 PM
    Seems like people are pretty easily convinced on this phone. Talked to several more people at work, showed them some vids of it in action, and they were "wowed" by it. Both of them iphone users but said they will be right there with me in line when launched on Verizon
    Same here. I have been showing the YouTube vids of BB10 to people at work and they can't believe it's Blackberry. I have always been THE iPhone guy at work so people are shocked that I plan on getting a Blackberry phone.
    01-14-13 09:03 PM
    I think BlackBerry 10 is going to be much better than most expect. It will definitely be a unique experience that's tailored towards those who value efficiency communication above all else. That isn't to say that most popular apps won't be there because RIM has made it very easy for developers to bring their apps to BB10. BB10 is being positioned as the "best of both worlds" OS, and I think it'll succeed!

I'm also on AT&T and I'm positive that they're going to carry the device as they've stated that they will support the new platform. To those saying that AT&T was late in releasing BB7, they had the Torch 9810 within a week after launch and were the only ones to carry it for a long while. I think they delayed the launch of the Bold 9900 and Torch 9860 because Verizon had already launched those devices and they wanted to push the 9810 before releasing the others. With Sprint and T-Mobile suggesting that BB10 will be on their a while after launch, RIM will be pushing hard to make sure that the two largest U.S. carriers have BB10 devices ready to go on their networks at or very shortly after launch.

I've been a BlackBerry user for four years now and this launch and OS has excited me like never before! I think that soon, RIM will again set the standard in the mobile space and take it even further.
    01-14-13 11:14 PM
    The best advice I can give anyone is don't rely on others to make a decision that you are locked into for 2 years on a contract. Go to a AT&T store that has the phones out and use them all, spend time doing what you are going to do most on them. Give the new Android phones a shot that are running Jellybean, play with the iPhone 5 running iOS 6, and then use the BB10 phone and decided. I am and will always be a BlackBerry user and I cannot wait for BB10, but what I like about a phone isn't always what someone else is using. The videos are great to show you HOW to use the phone when you go to test it out in the store, but remember most of the people you use using _____ phone are from their receptive companies and they have every intent of making it look like the best phone ever.

As far as your unlimited data plan goes...if you upgrade and don't buy any phone outright you will give up your plan, regardless of who makes it. AT&T is trying to do everything in their power to get to every last person who is still grandfathered into it. Good luck and let us know what you decided!
    01-14-13 11:57 PM
    Thanks. Yeah I really don't want to lose my unlimited. And Dull is the word I was looking for. It's just getting dull to me. I didn't think of getting an iPad Mini for my apps or even an iPad 3. I'm getting ready to fall off this fence.
    Some folks like iOS for stability, others because they don't work one out heavily, and some for status. It has some benefit, like a boatload of accessories and apps, but I think people are tiring of their sandbox, and maybe wanna try the slide or the monkey bars for a change. I can dig it.
    In coordination but also in contrast, the early versions of Android weren't real attractive to me. The latest versions have jumped well past where those were, but I'm looking for BB to make a strong comeback, despite the odds.

I would expect AT&T to give you more than one option, so keep your eyes open for the places that will carry live units so you can get a feel for what you are getting into. Use the trial period to make up your mind, and then come play at CrackBerry as folks learn this new platform, and maybe you'll find this a forum home, also.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-15-13 at 12:38 AM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-15-13 12:16 AM
    Hi haven't posted in a while but i too am thinking about the z10. i have a Iphone 4s, my contract is up in April so i wanted to take a stab at the z10. my thing is will the OS be stable. Coming from many BB phones i love the phones but they can be buggy. the Iphone is marketed as it just works and it does, the UI is lame but its stable it wont freeze or bug out. Is QNX or BB10 a stable OS.
    01-15-13 12:06 PM
    I've been tougher on BB than most. I thought the Bold 9900 was a flop, it had a lot of promise but in the end delivered very little, other than fast email. Anyway, having viewed a lot of the recent spate of videos and seen the form factor (I find the s3 a tad big to hold comfortably in one hand, but the iPhone for example too small). Im slowly coming along to the idea of getting the Z10.

I love the tap anywhere to take a photo on the camera, its a bit like the Zoom Camera X camera app for Android (but simplified which is a good thing imo). It also looks like a unified OS, currently using the s3 I hate how touchwiz and Android clash. I do actually like some of the touchwiz features like smart screen (screen wont turn off aslong as you are looking at it), Im not a hater. But when you get apps behaving differently, a menu button which MAY or MAY NOT do something, colours from the OS clashing against the colours of touchwiz. It feels a mess and I just get bothered by it.

So the more I think, the more Im sold on it. Im not a app horder, but I do like to have the relevant apps and the only thing Im waiting to be confirmed is Instagram (I know theres been unofficial confirms).. I'd also like a sky+ app for the UK but I think thats really unlikely (its not a on WP either, but they have a 3rd party version which I presume could end up happening here).
    01-15-13 12:33 PM
    Hi haven't posted in a while but i too am thinking about the z10. i have a Iphone 4s, my contract is up in April so i wanted to take a stab at the z10. my thing is will the OS be stable. Coming from many BB phones i love the phones but they can be buggy. the Iphone is marketed as it just works and it does, the UI is lame but its stable it wont freeze or bug out. Is QNX or BB10 a stable OS.
    Although I cannot say with certainty because the phone has not been released yet, I believe there will not be too buggy. Based on BBOS7 and below, yes I agree there have been bugs and such, but basing my opinion on the Playbook OS there are not too many glitches, and when something is wrong RIM is pretty quick to release a fix. The only real bugs I expect are around launch when big numbers start to use/test the phone but they will be fixed quickly. Thorsten once said that when one specific process crashes, its icon simply goes grey until it restarts that single process while the rest of the OS goes on. This is different than BBOS now because a lot of times when something freezes or crashes, you have to reboot the phone.
    01-15-13 12:41 PM
    I know I'll be ditching my iphone 4. I'm sooooo over it. I find I'm very bored with it after only one year. The thing I hate the most is not being able to multitask. If I'm in one app and need info from somewhere else its a pain in the ***. I think it's more of a kids toy to just run apps, nothing more.
    Z10 for me.
    01-15-13 01:00 PM
    Do you guys know how hard it would be to get contacts from the iPhone 4S onto the Z10?
    01-15-13 06:32 PM
    Do you guys know how hard it would be to get contacts from the iPhone 4S onto the Z10?
    Hi I found this a app a few days ago its great, it free in App Store, my contacts backup
    01-16-13 01:37 AM
    hello all!!!! its nice to be back. so, i was thinking of switching back to BB, after owning a few android and an iphone i feel its time to move where the grass is greener. yes the Z10 is sweet and BB10 rocks, hopefully this is a start of a long healthy lasting realationship
    01-17-13 10:28 AM
    [QUOTE=Dales; I'd also like a sky+ app for the UK but I think thats really unlikely (its not a on WP either, but they have a 3rd party version which I presume could end up happening here).[/QUOTE]

I would like the Sky+ app and also Sky Go. I wonder if it's possible and straightforward to side load them?
    01-17-13 11:18 AM
    I've also got 2 co-workers who are tired of the iPhone who are ready to make the switch to BlackBerry 10. Neither likes windows Phone UI, and both prefer a consistent experience with updates released on schedule so they were both thinking of getting the Nexus 4, but those are hard to come by with long waits, and when I showed them BlackBerry 10 both are now looking to make it their next phone purchase.
    01-17-13 11:20 AM
41 12