Its an amazing phone, quicker you get it the better!!
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 04:20 PM
    Wise and smart decision, again I will advise you to read, watch videos, learn some tips on how to use it, gestures, shortcuts etc.... that will help you get the most of the amazing Z10 :-D.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-05-13 01:31 AM
    I've found that, by personal observation of users around me, that if communication and reliability is important to you - Get a BlackBerry.
    If various apps and games are of more importance, choose iOS or Android, since these systems have a large number available.

That said -
    There are superb applications and games available for the Z10 and more coming each day.
    I'm a BES administrator so I handle Android/iOS and everytime I've picked up either device I've always felt locked in by the system. The Z10 just lets me do whatever I want to, when I want it. I don't have to finish writing, setting up or doing anything first, just swipe - check - and continue.

It's an awesome phone.
    NoxiousInc and PatrickMJS like this.
    06-05-13 01:40 AM
    Ya, get a Z10 if you don't mind charging your battery 2-3 times a day or having random reboots.
    You also may consider the Z10 if you want poor app selection.
    If you don't mind having zero manufacturer support for your device than Z10 is the way to go.
    The Z10 is also perfect for users that aren't looking for some of the basic features that other manufactures support and even older legacy BlackBerry products support such as dialing a number from a Web page.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-05-13 02:02 AM
    Ya, get a Z10 if you don't mind charging your battery 2-3 times a day or having random reboots.
    If you don't mind having zero manufacturer support for your device than Z10 is the way to go.
    The Z10 is also perfect for users that aren't looking for some of the basic features that other manufactures support and even older legacy BlackBerry products support such as dialing a number from a Web page.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your input on behalf of the flaws of the device.

About the 2-3 times a day charging, I don't mind... I'm used to that already... :P

I really don't care about the apps anymore because there are to many of them anyway. This could be a nice new start on something new for me...

The reboot thingy is something what I'm aware of and keep that surely in mind, and raises some concerns. Therefor I have to say that there are many people without that particular problem.

Also we have to keep in mind that BB10 is still in heavy development, so about dailing numbers of a webpage, is definitely no dealbreaker for me. (It also gives me the chance to get my brain working on saving the numbers in my head for the moment )

And about the support... Apple is not that well either, and who do I call related too Android?
    jrohland likes this.
    06-05-13 03:00 AM

Posted via CB10

Blah blah blah.

BLAH.

PERIOD.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 04:17 AM
    You should move to z10 if you aim browser and emails.
    Browsing on z10 is a great experience, and emailing on bb10 with the virtual keyboard is way better than any keyboard u can find on android.

You ll miss apps though, and probably tweaking apps if you like to customize your phone. On android you can almost customize everything, you can't do that with bb10.
    Better check bb world and see the available apps first before you move to bb10. Better that, than posting a thread with regrets because an app you used before is not available on bb10os.
    Until the dev make more great apps for bb10, the only great thing about bb10 is the bb10 itself.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-05-13 04:27 AM
    Blah blah blah.

BLAH.

PERIOD.

Posted via CB10
    It's an opinion, and also something you should care about if you want to turn to BB10 I think. Maybe there is a sarcastic tone in it but that's okay...
    06-05-13 04:28 AM
    It's an opinion, and also something you should care about if you want to turn to BB10 I think. Maybe there is a sarcastic tone in it but that's okay...
    The point is that people like him act as if these issues affect EVERY Z10 out there and as if this won't ever change in the future. Especially battery consumption depends on the OS and use behavior. So does the reboot issue. I'm on a major German BlackBerry forum and someone there also experienced random reboots like hell. Since he's on the leaked OS 10.1.0.2342, he haven't had a single reboot for one and a half week now. And as for battery life, we have members whose Z10 batteries last up to three days, at least the majority of us get through a full day even on heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 04:39 AM
    You should move to z10 if you aim browser and emails.
    Browsing on z10 is a great experience, and emailing on bb10 with the virtual keyboard is way better than any keyboard u can find on android.

You ll miss apps though, and probably tweaking apps if you like to customize your phone. On android you can almost customize everything, you can't do that with bb10.
    Better check bb world and see the available apps first before you move to bb10. Better that, than posting a thread with regrets because an app you used before is not available on bb10os.
    Until the dev make more great apps for bb10, the only great thing about bb10 is the bb10 itself.

Posted via CB10
    I'm very aware of the lack of apps, but like I already stated, I really don't mind... I'm 'app-tired'... I want my Email, Agenda, Internet Browser and Twitter properly working.. The rest I can wait on...
    cuek80 likes this.
    06-05-13 05:04 AM
    The point is that people like him act as if these issues affect EVERY Z10 out there and as if this won't ever change in the future. Especially battery consumption depends on the OS and use behavior. So does the reboot issue. I'm on a major German BlackBerry forum and someone there also experienced random reboots like hell. Since he's on the leaked OS 10.1.0.2342, he haven't had a single reboot for one and a half week now. And as for battery life, we have members whose Z10 batteries last up to three days, at least the majority of us get through a full day even on heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    Ow, I really agree with you on that one. People should know that a new OS needs the time to grow! iOS and Android were far from stable in their beginning. Only point at the moment is that BlackBerry had some issue's in the past keeping up with the rest. Now they got a solid 'future-proof' system and have to get a place next to iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

I can see why people could be skeptical about the current developments, regarding the past, but I'm not closed minded about that kindda stuff.

I hope that I can pick up my Z10 at the end of this week...
    rasmadrak likes this.
    06-05-13 05:09 AM
    My guess is that with Mike Lazaridis, BlackBerry (then RIM) never let go off the old "BlackBerry are a company product only, consumers can use their toys instead". Thorsten seems a bit more anchored to the current situation in the world and realizes BlackBerry MUST focus on consumers - cuz hey, they're consumers. I've been following and using BlackBerry for a couple of years now (my company is a BlackBerry partner) and since QNX, PlayBook and now BB10 - the company has jumped lightyears ahead of its former self. The amount of leaks and updates that gets pushed out (from BlackBerry - nevermind the carriers' lazyness) to users clearly show BlackBerry intend to stick around - and beat the competition.

And of course -
    There's always gonna be faulty devices, certain combinations of hardware/software that will allow bugs to occur.
    Unfortunately when it comes to consumers, a faulty device is more or less the end of the world since it's quite a hassle to correct it. But seeing things from an enterprise perspective, I can assure you that all manufacturers produce their share of faulty devices.

If a device behaves weird in 2013, don't expect it's the manufacturers fault because they designed a bad product. Instead, assume it's a bad device and return it. There are of course cases where the product is poorly designed and broken by design - but the Z10 is not one of those products.
    06-05-13 05:36 AM
    I'm very aware of the lack of apps, but like I already stated, I really don't mind... I'm 'app-tired'... I want my Email, Agenda, Internet Browser and Twitter properly working.. The rest I can wait on...
    Then you will love z10. Everything built in bb10 works perfectly. You can even load a website, and minimize it to reply your email while the website finish loading, and while you havent finish composing your email, you can go back to browser and click another link and back to composing email. This real multitasking on bb10 is what really beats other OS (i think)
    As far as i know, other OS "pause" the app when you minimize it.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy z10 as much as i am (if not more, and if u decide to get one).
    06-05-13 07:44 AM
    Then you will love z10. Everything built in bb10 works perfectly. You can even load a website, and minimize it to reply your email while the website finish loading, and while you havent finish composing your email, you can go back to browser and click another link and back to composing email. This real multitasking on bb10 is what really beats other OS (i think)
    As far as i know, other OS "pause" the app when you minimize it.

Good luck. I hope you enjoy z10 as much as i am (if not more, and if u decide to get one).
    That's very true, that is how multitasking should work... iOS says it 'multitasks' but hell freakin' no it doesn't... That is some irritating stuff on iOS. And I think they could manage it, but it's not foolproof. If you forget to close a app, like navigation, then the battery would drain like hell. Because of the foolproof concept of iOS it will never multitask, because they would have to 'teach' their customers how to use their phones... And that is too much work for them...

Pick up a random iPhone from a regular user... Double-click the 'Home Button' and you will see a bunchload of apps... If they we're running in the background as a multitask, the battery wouldn't last 15 minutes...
    06-05-13 07:52 AM
    Navigation is not a direct dealbreaker, because I think that the guys at Waze are already developing for BB10...
    I meant navigation of the Z10, not Waze.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-05-13 07:57 AM
    That's very true, that is how multitasking should work... iOS says it 'multitasks' but hell freakin' no it doesn't... That is some irritating stuff on iOS. And I think they could manage it, but it's not foolproof. If you forget to close a app, like navigation, then the battery would drain like hell. Because of the foolproof concept of iOS it will never multitask, because they would have to 'teach' their customers how to use their phones... And that is too much work for them...

Pick up a random iPhone from a regular user... Double-click the 'Home Button' and you will see a bunchload of apps... If they we're running in the background as a multitask, the battery wouldn't last 15 minutes...
    I think the double tap home button only show recent apps list, not necessarily running, like recent app list on android. l
    But yeah, if those apps really running on background, then it will drain battery like theres no tomorrow. But well, most ppl like ios because they make it easier for them to use (and play), knowing nothing what they lost for that
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-05-13 08:05 AM
    You did not mention the camera but I must say that perhaps you will fall in love with this feature pretty quickly. I have three boys and they are always in motion so being able to use time shift to pick the perfect photo has reduce my deleted pictures by 90%. Just awesome.

Waze rocks on the Z10. I use it over the BB Maps app because frankly it has more features and you can do portrait mode.

The Z10 browser is pretty awesome.

Lastly, I've held my wife's old Samsung Galaxy and my co-workers iPhone 5 and they are both very slippery. When you hold the Z10 you will notice a sure grip that is very comforting. The screen has a higher resolution than the iPhone 5 retina display so even if you don't do games, it will help with web browsing and other activites.

I say try it out and see how you like it. My wife kept her old Samsung because she was not sure she would like the Z10 but wanted to try it. It is always good to hedge your bets.
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-05-13 09:11 AM
    I meant navigation of the Z10, not Waze.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I was reading it back and miss read it the first time... my bad... So my reply was quite stupid...

Well, I'm already a PB user, so the navigation (of the OS) will be no issue I think...
    anon(1035135) likes this.
    06-05-13 10:02 AM
    List of apps that are a viable from your list. Most of them are there Waze, mail, Viber is coming. Don't know about the eleven app

Toronto Maple Leafs BBM Channel C0001D318
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-07-13 09:42 AM
    The Z10 is coming closer by the minute! Hopefully I will be on BB10 this weekend!
    06-13-13 03:05 AM
    I just upgraded my phones as my contract was coming up. I could have bought any phone I wanted but in the end I chose the BlackBerry Z10 over Apple and Android. This is my first BlackBerry phone by the way. So far I am happy with it, I bought the black one for me and a white one for my wife. She loves the Z10.
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-13-13 07:08 AM
    I just upgraded my phones as my contract was coming up. I could have bought any phone I wanted but in the end I chose the BlackBerry Z10 over Apple and Android. This is my first BlackBerry phone by the way. So far I am happy with it, I bought the black one for me and a white one for my wife. She loves the Z10.
    hopefully you won't have any reboot issues. I haven't had any so far since release.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-13-13 07:37 AM
    Well my first suggestion would be to research the device thoroughly, so as not to be disappointed in your decision because the device ended up not being what you expected.

Backing with ING doesn't seem to be an issue. But if it turns out to be, the browser is fantastic for banking. Everything else should now be available, you'd definitely be coming over to BlackBerry and this platform at a great time. It's developing really well.

Check out ING DIRECT Canada for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21718328

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-13-13 07:53 AM
    Well my first suggestion would be to research the device thoroughly, so as not to be disappointed in your decision because the device ended up not being what you expected.

Banking with ING doesn't seem to be an issue. Butcher if it is, the browser is fantastic for banking. Everything else should now be available, you'd definitely be coming over to BlackBerry at a great time. It's developing really well.

Check out ING DIRECT Canada for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21718328

06-13-13 07:53 AM
    So tonight I will pick up my BBRY Z10, in the fine color of the black...

Can't wait honestly... :P
    06-14-13 12:25 PM
76 1234