So I am considering to get rid of my Android and go with an BlackBerry Z10. This because I already have a PlayBook and want to experience the BB10.
    Now I want to know, what are the main things I will miss over Android/iOS (I went from a iPhone 5 to a Sony Xperia)

The most things I use are;

Mail, Whatsapp, Waze (Navigation, if you don't know), Internet Browser (on the moment Chrome), ING (Banking App), Twitter and the Top Eleven App.

I really don't care about games and stuff, but the email and browser experience should be outstanding.

Do you advice the Z10 or should I stick to the Android?

Thanks!
    06-04-13 03:40 AM
    So I am considering to get rid of my Android and go with an BlackBerry Z10. This because I already have a PlayBook and want to experience the BB10.
    Now I want to know, what are the main things I will miss over Android/iOS (I went from a iPhone 5 to a Sony Xperia)

The most things I use are;

Mail, Whatsapp, Waze (Navigation, if you don't know), Internet Browser (on the moment Chrome), ING (Banking App), Twitter and the Top Eleven App.

I really don't care about games and stuff, but the email and browser experience should be outstanding.

Do you advice the Z10 or should I stick to the Android?

Thanks!
    Not sure about the banking app but everything else you listed is on bb10 except for top 11.the browser is way better than chrome and email is where bb is market leading. Given your requirements I'd definitely recommend the Z10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Robert Pepe, NoxiousInc and Fatz_z like this.
    06-04-13 04:48 AM
    I second that. ^^^^

Waze runs great and is a favorite of mine.
    NoxiousInc and Robert Pepe like this.
    06-04-13 05:07 AM
    its an awesome phone, you won't regret it. The app developers for the banking app might develop an app if you ask for one alot of banks have already developed apps for BB10, when their client asked for it.
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 05:11 AM
    I second that. ^^^^

Waze runs great and is a favorite of mine.
    Is Waze sideloaded or a native app already?
    06-04-13 05:44 AM
    There is an ING app for Canada.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 05:49 AM
    There is an ING app for Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Well I live in the Netherlands, perhaps they are already busy with it...

send from a non-BlackBerry device, yet... :P
    06-04-13 06:45 AM
    You will go for blackberry Z-10..It is amazing phone with great features like
    Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB
    Internal 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM
    camera- 8 MP with Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
    Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, BBM 6
    Browser HTML5
    Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery
    Last edited by sharprobert; 06-05-13 at 06:00 AM.
    06-04-13 07:06 AM
    For the ING app, not available yet (confirmed it's coming native to the BB10) but the sideloaded android one works perfectly on the Z10 and the Q10. I advise you to go for the Z10, give yourself time to get familiar with it after few days you will love it.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-04-13 07:11 AM
    Is Waze sideloaded or a native app already?
    It's an android port, but available in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 07:12 AM
    LOVE Waze!!!!!
    06-04-13 07:13 AM
    For the ING app, not available yet (confirmed it's coming native to the BB10) but the sideloaded android one works perfectly on the Z10 and the Q10. I advise you to go for the Z10, give yourself time to get familiar with it after few days you will love it.

Posted via CB10
    I second this as well. Familiarize yourself with the navigation before making the purchase. A lot of folks have gotten confused because there is no button. YouTube has many videos about navigation.

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 07:15 AM
    I also had an Android device for its features until I realised that I really don't use 90% of my phone ( I use the navigation once a year, I used the camera only on the normal mode, I did not use the google now voice control etc) and switched to Q10 (after using the S3 for about a year). And I have to say that I am amazed by the BBOS 10. You should buy a BlackBerry and you will not be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc and PatrickMJS like this.
    06-04-13 07:27 AM
    Well I live in the Netherlands, perhaps they are already busy with it...

send from a non-BlackBerry device, yet... :P
    If you side load the android it works (ing)

Posted via CB10
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 07:55 AM
    I second this as well. Familiarize yourself with the navigation before making the purchase. A lot of folks have gotten confused because there is no button. YouTube has many videos about navigation.

Posted via CB10
    Navigation is not a direct dealbreaker, because I think that the guys at Waze are already developing for BB10...
    06-04-13 07:56 AM
    I also had an Android device for its features until I realised that I really don't use 90% of my phone ( I use the navigation once a year, I used the camera only on the normal mode, I did not use the google now voice control etc) and switched to Q10 (after using the S3 for about a year). And I have to say that I am amazed by the BBOS 10. You should buy a BlackBerry and you will not be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    Well that's the same thing I'm experiencing... No need of all the crappy apps, I only want some decent apps and a smooth running OS...

iOS and Android can say that they have a ton of apps, how many are really effective?!
    teafordgang likes this.
    06-04-13 07:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I already sideloaded the app on my PlayBook and works fine... Ow that time will be given...
    06-04-13 08:00 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=804652

Review of my experience coming from Android to BB10.
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 08:03 AM
    I've just moved from Android to blackberry and I wish I had done it sooner the BlackBerry 10 os is a complete breath of fresh air I love my z10 it's just everything I need in a phone and it's kinda nice to be different.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:42 AM
    If you side load the android it works (ing)
    This one is the most relevant ING app related answer for you OP, from a fellow Dutch.
    NoxiousInc and Daveensannie like this.
    06-04-13 08:46 AM
    Well that's the same thing I'm experiencing... No need of all the crappy apps, I only want some decent apps and a smooth running OS...

iOS and Android can say that they have a ton of apps, how many are really effective?!
    Well, I had few apps installed on my S3 :Instagram-still have it on q10 via sideloading: dictionnaire Larousse-sideloaded; romanian dictionary-sideloaded; chrome browser-no need of it, as the BlackBerry broswer is better;tunein radio-available on BB World; FB - pr-install on os 10; twitter-preinstalled : Foursquare - preinstalled; dropbox-available on Os10, but switched to Box as BlackBerry gives free 10 gigs of space and automatic photo upload (like Dropbox on Android); google currents - not available on BlackBerry ( i use the browser, unfortunently); whatsapp - available on BlackBerry (without the option to select and send more than one image at the same time; hopefully we shall receive this feature in an update); Viber - coming soon on BlackBerry ; yahoo messenger (is much better on BlackBerry than on Android); shazam (it's alternative, soundcloud is also coming soon on BlackBerry); doodle jump (working perfectly via sideloading), google translate (sideloaded, working perfectly); google maps (sideloaded; working fine, stable most of the tine); youtube ( much better on BlackBerry 10; even if it is not a native app and I have to use the browser, I strongly prefer the BlackBerry app, as I can use it in background while running other apps or with the screen locked; on Android it was always getting paused no matter what) and skype (working very well on BlackBerry) . And I think these are all the apps I had on BlackBerry... I might have missed one of two, but you understand my idea .

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Q10.
    HitchCB likes this.
    06-04-13 09:04 AM
    Okay, I'm now making the money available to get me a Z10...
    ioansuhov and mk2234 like this.
    06-04-13 02:47 PM
    I like having the best browser in the world. Screw google spying.
    06-04-13 02:59 PM
    I like having the best browser in the world. Screw google spying.
    Not only that, I also found out that Android is kindda laggy... also if you check all the apps that run in the background with no sense at all...

All kind of services I don't freakin' need...
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-04-13 03:21 PM
    Just get it op!
    NoxiousInc likes this.
    06-04-13 04:00 PM
76 123 ...