12-12-13 04:50 AM
153 ... 4567
tools
    No need to look further, I just personally don't get excited over Samsung's software. Just a difference in opinions.

Besides, even Samsung admits its software needs work | Technology | theguardian.com

You can write a long winded reply to this if you'd like, but I still personally do not like TouchWiz. I'm not alone in feeling that way either. My personal preference is just vanilla Android to be honest.
    Microsoft's Software needs work. Apple's as well.

Everyone's software needs work.

That doesn't automatically make LG's better than Samsung's. It just means Samsung's willing to admit that there are areas where they can improve outside of hardware.

That doesn't make the G2 better than the Note III, which it's not.
    11-08-13 10:43 AM
    That doesn't make the G2 better than the Note III, which it's not.
    Awesome, I didn't realize that you've owned and used a G2 and Note 3 side by side like I have. That's cool. You have done that right?
    11-08-13 10:54 AM
    Awesome, I didn't realize that you've owned and used a G2 and Note 3 side by side like I have. That's cool. You have done that right?
    I don't need to use a phone for a year to review it.

Why so defensive? The G2 is good. The Note 3 is just better. Unless you have some limited edition G2 and please note that I tend to look at specs in depth.

Also doesn't change the fact that the G2 will be end of life with the Note 3 is still getting updates.

Also, IIRC the Note III has much better carrier support than the G2. If you like the G2, aren't on Verizon, and want decent support, then the Nexus 5 is a better choice - IMO - provided you're willing to pay the price (not that it's all that expensive).

The Note III is the better device, provided the size isn't prohibitive for you.

You can try to sidestep that any way you please (you're bad at it, but you do it all the time), and it won't change a thing.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 11-08-13 at 11:16 AM.
    11-08-13 10:56 AM
    I don't need to use a phone for a year to review it.

Why do defensive? The G2 is good. The Note 3 is just better. Unless you have some limited edition G2 and please note that I tend to look at specs in depth.

Also doesn't change the fact that the g2 will be end of life with the note 3 is still getting updates.

So let me get this straight. You don't own a G2 or a Note 3 yet you think my opinion is wrong and your opinion that was typed out on a old galaxy S III is correct? Please tell my your signature is outdated. If not you really should buy a new phone.

See, my opinion is based on my experiences after actually owning and using both devices in question side by side extensively for weeks now. I think my opinion is pretty valid.

Does it make you feel sad if people don't care for TouchWiz?

I don't like TouchWiz. That's OK. It is OK for people to have differing opinions. I do however like the Note 3's hardware. Don't get upset, that is just my opinion. Samsung will be OK even if I do decide to root and flash a ROM to remove all that bloat and the gimmicks that are on the Note 3. Enjoy your S3!
    11-08-13 11:23 AM
    So let me get this straight. You don't own a G2 or a Note 3 yet you think my opinion is wrong and your opinion that was typed out on a old galaxy S III is correct? Please tell my your signature is outdated. If not you really should buy a new phone.

See, my opinion is based on my experiences after actually owning and using both devices in question side by side extensively for weeks now. I think my opinion is pretty valid.

Does it make you feel sad if people don't care for TouchWiz?

I don't like TouchWiz. That's OK. It is OK for people to have differing opinions. I do however like the Note 3's hardware. Don't get upset, that is just my opinion. Samsung will be OK even if I do decide to root and flash a ROM to remove all that bloat and the gimmicks that are on the Note 3. Enjoy your S3!
    You're basing your opinion on the "fact" that you *personally* don't like TouchWiz, and you think I'm somehow offended that you don't like it?

I can go buy a Note III at the VZW with cash right now if I wanted. I don't have a latest and greatest phone because I don't *need* a latest and greatest phone. When I need one, I will spend the money to get one. Throwing money down the drain is not a prerequisite for being an enthusiast. These are popular phones, it only takes a phone call (or maybe even a text message) to summon them here, and there are multiple lengthy video reviews for anyone to see. You don't need to own a phone to review it. I know what LG's software is like on their phones. I've used both a G2 and a Note III. I'm not going to spend almost $2k just to meet your criteria, sorry...

I'm sorry, but I live on planet Earth. Where are you from?

LG's skin is basically a complete rip-off of TouchWiz. It's actually quite hard to hate one and like the other one, because they have basically been copying Samsung for years now.

The G2 has as many gimmicks as the Note III, however, things like a Wacom Digitizer and Pressure-Sensitive S Pen isn't a gimmick, for example, nor are the optimizations for business use they have made to their PIM apps in their devices which actually matter to people who use these devices for work as well... Better long term support isn't a gimmick either, so while Note III owners are installing an OTA update you'll probably be downloading a custom ROM just for a FW update 1.5 years down the line (you'll probably waste money on a new phone "just cause" before then, though)...

Try to simmer down a little, and actually be objective.

Finally, like I said, LG's support track record is ATROCIOUS. This is the main reason why so many people will not buy their phones. LG has always had great screens. That in itself is not a reason to buy a G2. The Note III's screen is fantastic as well.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 11-08-13 at 11:47 AM.
    11-08-13 11:31 AM
    Matt - I understand your situation and while the Z10 is lacking in apps, download 10.2. I and others are using the Z10 and I use all three platforms. But, my preference is my BlackBerry Z10. I believe once you upgrade and find the appropriate apps you need for your business, you will be able to move forward without concerns. For me, as an Environmental Investigator, martial arts instructor, Zumba Fitness instructor, Personal trainer, and Nutritional advisor, it business as usual with my BlackBerry. Anyway, whatever you decide to use- good luck.
    Good gravy! It appears that there are only 2 other jobs missing out of your portfolio. Spaceman and anal bleacher. Holy, I'm tired just reading what you do. You are Killin me.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:32 AM
    You're basing your opinion on the "fact" that you *personally* don't like TouchWiz, and you think I'm somehow offended that you don't like it?

I can go buy a Note III at the VZW with cash right now if I wanted. I don't have a latest and greatest phone because I don't *need* a latest and greatest phone. When I need one, I will spend the money to get one. Throwing money down the drain is not a prerequisite for being an enthusiast. These are popular phones, it only takes a phone call (or maybe even a text message) to summon them here, and there are multiple lengthy video reviews for anyone to see. You don't need to own a phone to review it. I know what LG's software is like on their phones. I've used both a G2 and a Note III. I'm not going to spend almost $2k just to meet your criteria, sorry...

I'm sorry, but I live on planet Earth. Where are you from?

LG's skin is basically a complete rip-off of TouchWiz. It's actually quite hard to hate one and like the other one, because they have basically been copying Samsung for years now.

The G2 has as many gimmicks as the Note III, however, things like a Wacom Digitizer and Pressure-Sensitive S Pen isn't a gimmick, for example, nor are the optimizations for business use they have made to their PIM apps in their devices which actually matter to people who use these devices for work as well... Better long term support isn't a gimmick either, so while Note III owners are installing an OTA update you'll probably be downloading a custom ROM just for a FW update 1.5 years down the line (you'll probably waste money on a new phone "just cause" before then, though)...

Try to simmer down a little, and actually be objective.

Finally, like I said, LG's support track record is ATROCIOUS. This is the main reason why so many people will not buy their phones. LG has always had great screens. That in itself is not a reason to buy a G2. The Note III's screen is fantastic as well.
    I'll be honest, I didn't read any of this except the very first part where you admit to not owning either of the phones we are talking about. You're a TouchWiz fan. That is awesome, I personally do not care for TouchWiz. That's OK too. See it is our personal preferences.

That is really all there is to it. I'm not simmered up or down I just find it hilarious that you can not accept that fact that some people may not love TouchWiz as much as you do.

A huge wall of text listing how great TouchWiz is won't change my opinion of it. I used to own the phone you're currently using. I also had a S4 , a Note 2 and now a Note 3. I like the hardware, I don't care for the software. Your next wall of text won't change that.

Like I said, enjoy using that Galaxy S3 man
    11-08-13 11:46 AM
    I'll be honest, I didn't read any of this except the very first part where you admit to not owning either of the phones we are talking about. You're a TouchWiz fan. That is awesome, I personally do not care for TouchWiz. That's OK too. See it is our personal preferences.

That is really all there is to it. I'm not simmered up or down I just find it hilarious that you can not accept that fact that some people may not love TouchWiz as much as you do.
    It has nothing to do with TouchWiz. You Diverted it into a TouchWiz discussion.

It was about which phone was objectively better. Since you cannot say the G2 is a better phone than the Note III, you inserted your opinion into it as a way to stalemate the discussion; because no one can really argue with anyone else's opinion. Don't lump me into the same category as you in this discussion.

Quote me where I said I liked TouchWiz better than LG's skin. I never stated anything like that, not even close. Quote me where I indicated I was a "TouchWiz guy." You cannot.

I'm not a TouchWiz Guy. I use the device that works best for me, and which gets decent support.

You read my post, you just have no reply to most of it.

That is what you do, and that is what I expected :-)
    11-08-13 11:51 AM
    It has nothing to do with TouchWiz. You Diverted it into a TouchWiz discussion.

It was about which phone was objectively better. Since you cannot say the G2 is a better phone than the Note III, you inserted your opinion into it as a way to stalemate the discussion; because no one can really argue with anyone else's opinion. Don't lump me into the same category as you in this discussion.

Quote me where I said I liked TouchWiz better than LG's skin. I never stated anything like that, not even close.

I'm not a TouchWiz guy. I use the device that works best for me, and which gets decent support.

You read my post, you just have no reply to it.

That is what you do.
    In my OPINION, out of the box, the LG G2 is the best smartphone on Verizon Wireless at the moment.

That's all that needs to be said, because it is my opinion. Your opinion may be different, but that don't make my opinion less accurate. Lol are we done here now?
    11-08-13 11:58 AM
    In my OPINION, out of the box, the LG G2 is the best smartphone on Verizon Wireless at the moment.

That's all that needs to be said, because it is my opinion. Your opinion may be different, but that don't make my opinion less accurate. Lol are we done here now?
    The only one that bought in your opinion, so that you could stalemate the discussion (cause you couldn't otherwise defend your position), was you.

Yes, we are done.

Your opinion is neither accurate nor inaccurate. It's just an opinion.

Objectively, the Note III $#!^$ all over the G2. No opinion can or will change that.

The only major factor in that decision of which phone to purchase, is the size of the device. The Note III is huge, so anyone looking at it would have to seriously consider if they want something that big.
    11-08-13 12:00 PM
    The only one that bought in your opinion, so that you could stalemate the discussion (cause you couldn't otherwise defend your position), was you.

Yes, we are done.

Your opinion is neither accurate or inaccurate. It's just an opinion.

Objectively, the Note III $#!^$ all over the G2. No opinion can or will change that.
    I wasn't at any point trying to defend my position about anything with you, don't take this the wrong way, but you currently own the phone that I gave to my 7 year old daughter to play Angry Birds with. Your opinion about modern smart phones is meaningless to me.

You are going on and on about two phones you admit to not owning yourself meanwhile I own or owned (the wife has the G2 now) both of them. Honestly it seems a bit ridiculous. What's it matter to you which of my phones is better in MY OPINION? Lol

You started all of this, yet I've constantly pointed out that it is MY OPINION. Lol you should lighten up some. No need to look for arguments in every thread you visit.
    11-08-13 12:12 PM
    I'm wasn't at any point trying to defend my position about anything with you, don't take this the wrong way, but you currently own the phone that I gave to my 7 year old daughter to play Angry Birds with. Your opinion about modern smart phones is meaningless to me.

You are going on and on about two phones you admit to not owning yourself meanwhile I own or owned (the wife has the G2 now) both of them. Honestly it seems a bit ridiculous. What's it matter to you which of my phones is better in MY OPINION? Lol

You started all of this, yet I've constantly pointed out that it is MY OPINION. Lol you should lighten up some. No need to look for arguments in every thread you visit.
    I thought you were done? Why the passive aggressive vague underhanded trolling, now?

Someone in the house owns a G2 that I can use whenever I want. I have indicated this in past posts. The Note 3 is a bigger better Note II. We all know the story of that device and it's performance and popularity speaks for itself.

I don't have time to respond to trolling and useless diversion tactics. You said the G2 was better. I responded with objective reasons why it wasn't. You responded with an opinion which I will not debate to stalemate it, then named calling while using it as an excuse for me to just shut up and move on.

Are you sure you aren't the 7 year old?

If you are done than be done. Your opinion is yours and I don't pay for your phones. However cut the crap and stop chain baiting me to discuss your worthless opinion. I clearly was not talking about mine when I mentioned hardware, support, and other things.

LG created their own terrible reputation and track record. I didn't do it for them, and calling Note 3 features gimmicky while you rave about knocking on a screen to wake a phone reeks of hypocrisy. Your hilarious.

If you're hinging on the fact that I don't own them personally, then I have to call I to question all your worthless posts in the Z30 forums, among other things.

awindsr and Tabdus like this.
    11-08-13 12:13 PM
    you said the G2 was better.

Sent from my really old Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    See, that's where your wrong. I said it was better in my opinion. Look and see for yourself. My opinion isn't wrong. Arguing with you all day long won't change that. So we aren't going to accomplish anything here.
    11-08-13 12:23 PM
    See, that's where your wrong. I said it was better in my opinion. Look and see for yourself. My opinion isn't wrong. Arguing with you all day long won't change that. So we aren't going to accomplish anything here.
    Hitler was a great leader, in my opinion.

See what I did there? That's basically what you are doing. Playing the semantics game and hedging yourself against disagreement by using that qualifier.

No, there is never anything to accomplish with you. I've stated what I had to state, and you aren't the subject of the thread, anyways...

Again, you said the G2 was better. Whether it was in your opinion or not is inconsequential, since I didn't respond with an opinion of my own. I responded with facts. Apparently you aren't interested in those, so nothing more to see here :-)
    11-08-13 12:31 PM
    I just came back from the store wanted to test the xperia z1 this device is so awesome compare to the BlackBerry z10 or z30.

Camera is awesome, it's fast. No lag

Frontcam was not available to test in the store but back cam is super sharp.

I did miss swipe up for closing but everything about the device is better than any BlackBerry.

Only android i would not trust with my data

C00019C6F
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    11-08-13 12:39 PM
    Cool. Nater has said all he needed to say as have I.

I'd like to apologize to the OP, and everyone else for my involvement in the above off-topic discussion.
    11-08-13 12:39 PM
    Just wait until you get onto THAT keyboard,lol........wow. it sucks....just like the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0"....the prediction is so crappy. Go get yer S4.....lol......

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:31 PM
    I would cling to a Z10 any day. No S4 here. And there ain't going to be one either.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:33 PM
    I recommend 16 core small TV for your ear from Samsung running on android.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 05:57 PM
    I've just came from iphone5 to z10 does anyone no how to get Voxer working on 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 05:59 PM
    Pretty sure you're mistaken or attempting to rewrite history lol

OS6 was never compiled to run on the "new" hardware that was used on OS7 devices. Don't you remember all the controversy back then? The software wasn't compatible with the hardware. If you had a OS6 BlackBerry, you never saw an update to OS7. The only way to get OS7 was to buy an OS7 device. No BlackBerry in the history of the company was updated from OS6 to OS7. Unless you got some magical Bold no one else has heard of.
    Ok maybe I might have remembered wrongly but definitely I have been using NFC on my Bold 9900 that I am very sure.
    Saiga and MC_A_DOT like this.
    11-09-13 01:47 PM
    I did twice, came back to BlackBerry twice if that answers your question

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 01:50 PM
    Ok maybe I might have remembered wrongly but definitely I have been using NFC on my Bold 9900 that I am very sure.
    That is completely correct. The BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 was one of the very first Smartphones to offer NFC. Which always stuck me as sorda odd since the rest of the phone was behind the times.
    11-09-13 03:08 PM
    There were a number of Android devices with NFC by the time the Bold 9900 launched, for example the GS2 predates it by about 4-5 months. It certainly wasn't one of the "very first smartphones with NFC."

And NFC is still largely worthless due to Carrier Intervention. Back then it was even more worthless due to that and the lacking accessory ecosystem. That is why Apple doesn't have it. It's a waste of development time, at this point, and the whole "What if it takes off?" isn't working because people have been saying this since 2011 and it hasn't happened.
    11-10-13 02:41 PM
    I've thought about doing something similar to you. But I couldn't bear life without the hub

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:50 PM
153 ... 4567