I would be hard pressed to switch from Blackberry with 10.2 to any android device just because of one or two apps. #2 Sideloading is extra easy.There are tons of #3 websites where you can download bar files. I would not be able to part with Blackberry keyboard and messaging hub. I cannot think of one app that i would really want to have and that would make me switch. I would be swiping on android phone to death. i just do not like android back buttons not to mention security and #1 all that malware on android phones.
    Wow, I have to respond to this comment, but I'm not sure where to start. I think I'll just jump right in with a numbering system. I will place a number near the bolded parts of your comment and then reference them individually. When you see the number in my comment, just read the bold parts of your original comment! Ok, let's see how this works.

With Android, #1... won't be a problem if you don't #2... apps you got from #3... apk files.

On BlackBerry 10, you're already doing the number one thing a person should never do on Android. So I agree, you shouldn't switch to Android.
    11-07-13 03:07 PM
    So.....after somewhat defending BlackBerry I would now have to say that making the switch is probably a good idea at least in the short term until things get settled.

I have been with AT&T starting my 3rd month and on my 4th z10. Same problem has been happening. Link keeps updating the same update every time I plug up. So much so that it finally breaks my phone and I must get another. Contacted BlackBerry this time because as soon as I plug it up it tried to install the exact same update. The reply was that if it could be fixed it wouldn't happen before the next update. With the State Of BlackBerry I hesitate to guess at when that may be. I myself contacted AT&T and since they can see I've had nothing but problems I have an HTC One on it's way.

While no one can make a determination for anyone else I would caution you to think past loyalty and more into where you just use your device and not worry about it failing. As for the side loading, I didn't use Google Play before and won't use it this time so really the only difference is with Android it will install via phone so long as it's an app whereas BlackBerry must use PC for anything outside of BBW.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:28 PM
    I would never give up on my our Blackberry phones for our business and personal use unless I have absolutely no choice. We have no problems with our phones. We also need the high security and reliability that Blackberry offers.

I was able to have Google Maps, and a number of interesting applications running in our phones. Since the last Link and OS updates, the phone can now be synced in either direction with MS Outlook. We also have them synced to a common Hotmail account for the contacts and our calenders. This was a huge plus for contacts exchange.

So-far, the Z series have been the best phones we ever had! We recently got some Z30's. The larger screen and some of the extra features are a huge plus.
    11-07-13 05:00 PM
    If it loads on a phone, then it's been created, packaged and signed by BlackBerry, and nobody else.

When it comes to loading an OS, you have two options.

One, use Sachesi to download the 10.2 OS from a carrier that's released it (your Verizon Z10 can load OSs from European and North American LTE Z10s, so it's no real problem) and load the files on your phone. No wiping necessary. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Or, download an autoloader file, plug in your phone and run it. It wipes your user data and the old OS, and backups may or may not restore properly (depending on how different the old and new OSs are), but it removes any possible problems that would come from the old OS and the new OS not cooperating.
    I did a security wipe of the phone using Sachesi. Came back up, and now I'm going to try install 10.2 using Sachesi. Will I then need to security wipe again? Does 10.2 tend to install over 10.1 okay with a security wipe being performed first? Is there a way to have Sachesi wipe the entire device completely clean so I KNOW my 10.2 leak is a clean install?
    11-07-13 05:52 PM
    I have not read any of this thread but I will chime in a bit. I have been a berry user since 2000. switched to a t-mobile galaxy S4 in june and have not thought about my berry a single day. stock the unit is great but I rooted it and run wicked rom V4 - current version is v8. device is blazing fast and as other have I am sure mentioned apps are a non-issue. I use touchdown for my exchange sync, works great. all the carriers have a different interface and keyboard, mine has a top row of #s that is a real time saver. talk2text works great. I have the following installed, adaway, apk installer, app cache cleaner, brightest flashlight, camera zoom fx, dolphin browser, gasbuddy, hotspot control, nova desktop (very slick) nandroid backup, quickpic, sms forwarding, speedtest, strava, super su, titanium backup, uber, x-plore, + 15 banking apps, travel apps, etc. google maps flys on this thing. traveling is a dream, spent 3 weeks in Europe changing sims and enjoyed turn-by-turn everywhere. hot spot is great to have but has latency using rdp - can't have everything. tmo has wifi calling, so that is unique to this carrier, works great. There is nothing I don't like about this device, huge step forward from the ICS based device I tried last year. the OS is solid, never a single crash or glitch. typing speed is very good, I am used to the keyboard and yes I have to look more than I did with my bb - the talk2txt is amazing. I would never go back, ever, but your results may vary.
    11-07-13 06:40 PM
    I did a security wipe of the phone using Sachesi. Came back up, and now I'm going to try install 10.2 using Sachesi. Will I then need to security wipe again? Does 10.2 tend to install over 10.1 okay with a security wipe being performed first? Is there a way to have Sachesi wipe the entire device completely clean so I KNOW my 10.2 leak is a clean install?
    You're good to go if you've installed 10.2 and then security wiped, or security wiped and then installed 10.2. I do both, but that's just me.

By the way, there's a new version of 10.2 out. Same instructions as before, just change Sachesi settings to Country 230, Carrier 003, Device Z10 and Variant STL100-2.
    11-07-13 06:44 PM
    Well, while I agree there's still a few things.

1. Google maps does what BBMap does (and has done it LONG before) and is superior to BBMaps in every single way. BBMaps is an embarrassment compared to Google Maps. From what I've seen Apple maps is better too. I only use BBMaps if I'm using voice guided nav. Otherwise I use my sideloaded Google Maps. It's slower and far less responsive, but even then it's better.
    Sorry BB OS 6 was already doing this a few years ago. Besides I can even type in say Chinese food & it will give me recommendation of nearby restaurants this is even in the legacy BlackBerry OS.

2. I've never had to relogin to share stuff on my Android phone when I was on Android. Not sure why people keep on saying this, but then again I didn't share all that much stuff so maybe there is an issue and I just never ran into it.
    This is more so on iOS, coz the only other OS I have used is iOS.

3. I used GTasks (Free) on Android when I was on Android. It's quite a bit better than "Remember". Remember lets you set an alert when the due date arrives. So does GTasks, but GTasks lets you choose what time you want it to alert you. Remember does not.
    Remember does allow you to choose the time for the alerts

4. "Phone sex"/NFC transfers... Android's been doing this before BB10 was even released. In fact I'd bet money on BB implementing this because they saw Android doing it. Regrettably, it doesn't seem to work with all phones. I got it to work with Galaxy S4s and was so happy until I tried on an SGS3 and it told me "the other device doesn't have a compatible NFC sharing application". The HTC One I tried it with didn't work either.
    Was already doing this on BB OS 6 on my old Bold , just that at that time not many other phones has NFC.

5. File transfers via BBM. Most IM apps can do file transfers but they're limited. BBM has more options for single person chat... though for some reason there's less options when doing a group chat. Which is annoying. In group chat you can only send voice notes. You can't even send pictures, which is probably the most common thing you'd want to group share (yes, I ran into this and was annoyed especially since it'd make friends less likely to install BBM).
    I agree it is frustrating not to be able to send pictures in a group chat but you can share the pictures & comment on the pictures directly. Not seen any other messenger apps can do that yet. None of my friends use Skype & YM anymore & Viber is dead and extremely annoying. Line, WeChat & KakaoTalk mainly cater to kids & teenagers.

So please tell me which other client can do file transfer other than YM?

I hate sounding like such a naysayer but it gets to me when I see people trying to put down other mobile OSes for bad reasons. I'd rather have people focus on actual advantages instead of making up advantages. :-/
    Just for the record u wasn't trying to put down any other mobile OS, just saying what I like about this only. You totally misunderstood me.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:21 PM
    I'm thinking that sometimes also.

Running 10.2.0 and 10.2.1

I like BlackBerry 10 but I don't want the outdated hardware and half done apps for a full price.

Android is annoying that I cannot even pay with PayPal

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:26 PM
    As BBRY kinda guy... I want you to stay but. Do as you need to do. BBRY suits me poyfect.
    11-08-13 12:20 AM
    Go Galaxy Note 3!
    11-08-13 01:45 AM
    I have the ING app on my BB10 and I can cash a check via photo. But I dont use ING and I would never in a million years cash the check's I get without my business stamp on the back and it has to be in person with receipt paper trail.

baller!
    11-08-13 01:52 AM
    Might want to check out the thread that has the rumor about Google Play access coming to BlackBerry 10.2.1.xx. Just read it (I suggest). Look at CatlinFD s posts.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-08-13 02:06 AM
    Hi all,

I've been a huge Blackberry fan for quite some time. But I'm trying to run a business and the Z10 just isn't cutting it for me. Verizon is giving me the option of switching to an Android S4 and I think I want to take it. I love my Blackberry, but porting apps is taking too much of my time. My only saving grace might be 10.2... if I side load 10.2, might Android apps work better? Or is there still the issue of missing google maps APIs, etc.?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Matt
    You do realize this is CrackBerry right?

I doubt that you will get a balanced answer.......................................(of course everyone will say 'stay with BB')
    11-08-13 02:19 AM
    Z10 can do everything better than iPhools and Lagdroids. But if you need app ya then you can keep one of them as your 2nd device.
    Hub is not worth losing for them.

Posted via CB10
    LOL ......oh the childishness of CrackBerry....I love it
    Saiga and niss63 like this.
    11-08-13 02:22 AM
    I can use my phone as a remote too..

WTF has that got to do with anything lol
    11-08-13 02:26 AM
    You will be back once u go black u will never go back

Posted via CB10
    Once you go white, you've seen the light lol
    11-08-13 02:29 AM

Was already doing this on BB OS 6 on my old Bold , just that at that time not many other phones has NFC.

Posted via CB10
    No OS6 phones use NFC...............................
    11-08-13 02:37 AM
    No OS6 phones use NFC...............................
    I used to use a Bold 9900 which came with OS 6 then I upgraded it to OS 7

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:57 AM
    Hi all,

I've been a huge Blackberry fan for quite some time. But I'm trying to run a business and the Z10 just isn't cutting it for me. Verizon is giving me the option of switching to an Android S4 and I think I want to take it. I love my Blackberry, but porting apps is taking too much of my time. My only saving grace might be 10.2... if I side load 10.2, might Android apps work better? Or is there still the issue of missing google maps APIs, etc.?

-Matt

interesting post. What apps are you actually talking about and how many of them? instagram works [ type your message on note , cut and paste to instagram or download blackgram. maps, I have two gps [ one is tom tom the other one is Nuvii ] and my z30 native bb maps are just as good. good [ I am in australia- dont know about other countries] -
    secondly if you want to keep to google apps- this is what you do - download all of them in a specfic folder- download ddpb-
    upgrade your os on z10 to the latest .1803 via sachesi [ non destructive] [ uk vodafone].
    once installed, load ddpb , tick all your apps you want, and run after install and go have a dinner. come back- hard reset-
    and everything works perfect.
    what is so hard about that? total time from OS to side loading your google apps , 2 hours. max.
    11-08-13 03:12 AM
    What do you need to run your business? Find a phone that does those things and buy it. This is not rocket surgery. If you are running a business I would recommend you purchase a laptop computer.
    "rocket surgery" LOL
    11-08-13 06:00 AM
    Hi all,

-Matt
    You must think of practicality here, get the phone you need, not the one you want...

If you download enough Google play apps to warrant an S4 then definitely get it, if not then stick with your bb.
    11-08-13 06:19 AM
    Why are you posting here, get your toy and post on android forums.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-08-13 06:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure you're mistaken or attempting to rewrite history lol

OS6 was never compiled to run on the "new" hardware that was used on OS7 devices. Don't you remember all the controversy back then? The software wasn't compatible with the hardware. If you had a OS6 BlackBerry, you never saw an update to OS7. The only way to get OS7 was to buy an OS7 device. No BlackBerry in the history of the company was updated from OS6 to OS7. Unless you got some magical Bold no one else has heard of.
    MC_A_DOT and mnc76 like this.
    11-08-13 06:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    What the hell are you talking about???!! the Bold 9900 comes with OS7 out of the box.....I work with BlackBerry devices everyday, I know what I'm talking about.
    Saiga and mnc76 like this.
    11-08-13 07:53 AM
    Why are you posting here, get your toy and post on android forums.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    Thinking of dumping Blackberry and going to Android.  OK choice?-tumblr_luotpao7h91qkzqg2.gif
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-08-13 08:01 AM
153 ... 34567