If it loads on a phone, then it's been created, packaged and signed by BlackBerry, and nobody else.

When it comes to loading an OS, you have two options.

One, use Sachesi to download the 10.2 OS from a carrier that's released it (your Verizon Z10 can load OSs from European and North American LTE Z10s, so it's no real problem) and load the files on your phone. No wiping necessary. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Or, download an autoloader file, plug in your phone and run it. It wipes your user data and the old OS, and backups may or may not restore properly (depending on how different the old and new OSs are), but it removes any possible problems that would come from the old OS and the new OS not cooperating.
    I think I'll go with the second option. I don't need to backup anything on my phone except my address book. Is it possible to just copy the address book to my SIM card and then restore from the SIM card? Or perhaps backup to my media card and then restore? Where can I get a loader file from? Is there a thread with the latest and greatest for my Verizon Z10?
    11-06-13 12:58 PM
    Don't listen to these people, go Galaxy and be done with it
    11-06-13 01:03 PM
    I think I'll go with the second option. I don't need to backup anything on my phone except my address book. Is it possible to just copy the address book to my SIM card and then restore from the SIM card? Or perhaps backup to my media card and then restore? Where can I get a loader file from? Is there a thread with the latest and greatest for my Verizon Z10?
    It depends on contact info. If it's just names and phone numbers, then go ahead and save it to your SIM. Emails and such can be linked to either an email account's contacts or social contacts (Facebook, BBM, etc).

There's also ContactX and ContactsImEx in BB World, those back up local contacts.

And as for where to get a loader file, check the Leaked/Beta subforum. Here's the latest and greatest file, by the way. 10.2.0.1791/STL100-4: http://l.bitcasa.com/15Wm5ZNS
    11-06-13 01:13 PM
    It depends on contact info. If it's just names and phone numbers, then go ahead and save it to your SIM. Emails and such can be linked to either an email account's contacts or social contacts (Facebook, BBM, etc).

There's also ContactX and ContactsImEx in BB World, those back up local contacts.

And as for where to get a loader file, check the Leaked/Beta subforum. Here's the latest and greatest file, by the way. 10.2.0.1791/STL100-4: http://l.bitcasa.com/15Wm5ZNS
    Perfect! I will try that leak now. So you're saying that will work on my Verizon Z10? (with accepted risks of course).

I don't have Windows, so I'll have to use VMware or VirtualBox.
    11-06-13 01:18 PM
    Well which apps do you absolutely need to drive your Business ? Just curious to knkw

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:19 PM
    I don't have Windows, so I'll have to use VMware or VirtualBox.
    I don't think autoloaders work on virtualized Windows, so you'll need a dual-boot or a friend's computer.

However, loading with Sachesi is cross-platform.
    11-06-13 01:25 PM
    I don't think autoloaders work on virtualized Windows, so you'll need a dual-boot or a friend's computer.

However, loading with Sachesi is cross-platform.
    But then I wouldn't be able to run the latest and greatest 10.2, correct? Also, would that allow me to nuke my phone first? You mentioned sometimes there's leftovers if using Sachesi.
    11-06-13 01:36 PM
    But then I wouldn't be able to run the latest and greatest 10.2, correct? Also, would that allow me to nuke my phone first? You mentioned sometimes there's leftovers if using Sachesi.
    Well, you can load with Sachesi and wipe your phone, with the security wipe option in the settings. It's just optional, whereas autoloaders always get rid of things. Of course, if the upgrade works fine afterwards then there's no need to wipe, but if it doesn't, then back up, wipe and restore.

So, to get the latest and greatest 10.2 on your Z10, back up and follow this guide: How to get the OS 10.2 update right now | CrackBerry.com

If you want, you can back up after the last step (to get a 10.2 backup), run a security wipe and restore from the 10.2 backup.
    11-06-13 02:04 PM
    I went back to iOS back to my old 5. Cant justify buying a 5S with nothing really new other than the fingerprint sensor. I tried out the N5 That's something i wouldn't mind buying just for ****s and gigs.
    imenashe likes this.
    11-06-13 03:29 PM
    You need to download the leaked 10.2.0.1767 to your phone or use Sachesi to download one of the released 10.2's from another carrier. Once that is done, download the unlocked android runtime that is available on the forums or the updated runtime that is available at BlackBerry World. You will find that the android apps run very well.
    May I suggest the official 10.2.0.1791 instead? :-)
    11-06-13 03:33 PM
    manlymatt83,
    While Thurask is assisting you with 10.2, I thought I would chime in on switching to Android. I have made the jump twice. I have had the LG G2 for close to 2 months, now (I think). I think the biggest perk of Android are the apps. That said, I really don't find myself using that many. I have Netflix (rarely do I use it). I love an app called Feedly! Other than that the camera is great on the G2. Both the quality of the images and the options provided in the software are awesome. I'm a huge fan and constant user of the knock-on and know-off feature. I thought BlackBerry was very innovative with their swipe on feature (and they were) but you still have to pick the phone up to turn it off (unlike with my G2 I can just knock on the task bar to turn it off). My phone is often sitting on my desk.

Now the real personal opinion: I think Android is great for when I'm sitting on the couch. More tablet type uses. As a communication device I think it is still lacking compared to BlackBerry. I have a Q10 for work and I do 90% of my communication through it (email, text, calls, share humorous twitter posts, videos, pictures, etc.). All of that seems way more functional on my Q10. An example is taking a screen cap (or any picture really). I have the option to edit it before I send it (no separate app needed) and when I do go to share it my BlackBerry knows who I am going to send it to and via what service (e.g. BBM, Text, Email). It is just an extremely cohesive experience.

Let me qualify my statements too. I am 37 yrs old. I don't play many games and I don't watch movies on my phone, most of time. I am easily annoyed by quirks. (When my HTC Thunderbolt rang I didn't even have the option to answer the call 80% of the time. I could only select "end" and call them back. My G2 sometimes plays my wife's ringtone, but other times plays the standard ringtone. Worse, sometimes calls don't even make it to my handset!). With all of that said, I am convinced that the majority of the internet is filled with teenage boys who want to load a new ROM on their Android every night. I think they spend more time playing with their phone then they do actually using their phone. (I recognize that is your exact complaint, right now about your BB). BB is missing apps no doubt, many of which I personally don't care about. But, I would be very careful about buying into the Android hype. There are perks, but if you have been with BB this long I very much suspect you will be frustrated with Android much more frequently than you are frustrated with your BB. I also think it's important everybody have their own experiences and pick their own paths. If you do go with an Android, I can highly recommend the G2. Overall it is a great device (with outstanding battery life). Just don't believe it will be everything the Internet told you it would be (greatest thing since sliced bread.)

//End Rant
    11-06-13 03:42 PM
    I suggest Apple or Microsoft if making the switch. Android has problems and instead of fixing what started with the last run in GB they just pushed it to ICS and did little to correct it which only manifested more so they dropped JB which only festers the problem more and their answer is KK. At least Apple and Microsoft will make efforts to correct existing problem while working on the newer OS so if there are problems it isn't the same one getting worse.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:08 PM
    IIf you want to be adjusting, downloading, personalizing, rooting, etc., in order to get decent functionality, get an Android device. If you want a no-nonsense get the job done �NOW� device, well enough said ......speaking from experience.
    Totally!!!
    11-06-13 04:34 PM
    I would try 10.2 first. I hate using Droids.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-06-13 04:48 PM
    If you want a no-nonsense get the job done �NOW� device, well enough said ......speaking from experience.
    Of course. I hear BBRY execs were using BB10 devices, and they clearly got things done. Now, even.
    11-06-13 04:53 PM
    Wow, thanks for all of the quality replies. I did not realize that Android had that many privacy/security issues. That is a big deal to me. And I didn't realize Android didn't have the Hub either.... eek.
    ?
    Wow. You guys.... The viruses on Android are soo bad! That's like saying Black Berry is OUT OF BUSINESS! If the viruses are so bad why does 80% of the world use Android?
    Just How Safe is �Safe� in Android? � xda-developers

"According to a presentation by Android Security Chief Adrian Ludwig, it is estimated that less than 0.001% of application installs are able to evade the platform�s multi-layered defense system�a system which includes sandboxed permissions, application verification, trusted sources, and runtime defenses. This figure includes both applications installed through Google Play, as well as the 1.5 billion applications installed through other means (side-loaded or alternate app stores)."

http://www.xda-developers.com/wp-con...1-905x1024.jpg
    harlemsfinest27 likes this.
    11-06-13 05:27 PM
    Of course. I hear BBRY execs were using BB10 devices, and they clearly got things done. Now, even.
    Mike L would say "that's not fair".

Posted via CB10
    Saiga and Tre Lawrence like this.
    11-06-13 05:32 PM
    G2 is not that good, the buttons are annoying.

I'd ask for a Note 3 or get a Nexus 5.

The note has a larger screen, very good battery life (check mobile nations android forum) and the s-pen helps a lot.

I went from a Z10 on 10.2x (I had it from when it came out the Z10 and 10.2) to the Note 3 and am very happy.

The Z10 is honestly under-powered, BB10 is good in theory but better android hardware makes getting work done faster.

Honestly, communication on Android is not that different. I'll be called a troll, by fanboys but look at like this:

On my note, I have 4 four widgets on 1 one of my 3 home screens. I have 4 different email accounts, and I use k-9 email with them. It shows me how many unread, etc. without clutter without a messy hub using half the resources of the phone at all times.

On top of that, messaging has sms or w.e and you get bbm. (edit - And 4.4 will have google hangouts, handling SMS and others which I think will be through wifi/data. Idk for sure I'll check)

You get notifications for everything so it's the same as the hub, when you consider that the Note 3 opens a 'new' app faster than the hub is pulled up through an instant preview by the Z10 (10.2 feature) Android is actually better for workflow.

The only 'messing' around with Android is installing apps, which is what BB10 was supposed to get.

I try different apps, and I admit there's the so called bloatware but that's easily hidden away in a folder, and you never have to open it (I haven't rooted yet). I have more apps and more functionality on Android, BB feels like a POS phone, and at that point I'm better off carrying around a flip phone.

---
    As for battery, there's no comparison the Z10 dies much faster, I won't give a number that will be torn apart by trolls. Look at what fans of both say, you'll find the Z10 adequate until you move past basic communication functions, then the battery tanks and you find it in-adequate.

The Z10 is also much too small, I'm 6ft. 3 and even the Note 3 is slightly small. I just carry it on a holster beside my weaponry. Those are my 2 cents, I've been a blackberry for many years now, since I was 16 actually.

Last time I check this website probably, and use BB. I think I'm going to sell my Z10 and try to get a nexus 5, loan it to my mom until I/if I need a backup and then I'll see.

--
    That's the last thing, no comparison with the screen either.

edit - Don't get a droid maxx or another POS old phone, with crap cpu. It'll lag most likely at some point, and you won't like it.

LG G2, Note 3 or get a nexus 5 even the S4 and HTC One dump battery when the screen is left on a lot.

There was a note 3 thread where it was 6-8 hours of screen on time to get to 25-35% vs 4 hours or w.e for the s4.

6-8 hours screen time means if heavy use to you is a few hundred emails, and streaming music all day (as one user did) 18-20 hours until below 20% battery if a guarantee for you.
    11-06-13 06:53 PM
    Personal experience:
    Most major apps have are on BB10 via third party or official. Just search for em.

Or don't ditch your Berry but run Android as secondary or primary.
    11-06-13 06:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've been a huge Blackberry fan for quite some time. But I'm trying to run a business and the Z10 just isn't cutting it for me. Verizon is giving me the option of switching to an Android S4 and I think I want to take it. I love my Blackberry, but porting apps is taking too much of my time. My only saving grace might be 10.2... if I side load 10.2, might Android apps work better? Or is there still the issue of missing google maps APIs, etc.?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Matt
    Matt - I understand your situation and while the Z10 is lacking in apps, download 10.2. I and others are using the Z10 and I use all three platforms. But, my preference is my BlackBerry Z10. I believe once you upgrade and find the appropriate apps you need for your business, you will be able to move forward without concerns. For me, as an Environmental Investigator, martial arts instructor, Zumba Fitness instructor, Personal trainer, and Nutritional advisor, it business as usual with my BlackBerry. Anyway, whatever you decide to use- good luck.
    11-06-13 07:09 PM
    How to f^ck up a good thread 101
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-06-13 07:35 PM
    How to **** up a good thread 101
    As adults, we can speak without shielded language, no?

Now, show us what you disagree with. The floor is yours, if you don't wish to flee like the last time. Go ahead. Don't post and run; make one of us look dumb.

LOL.
    11-06-13 07:39 PM
    Android definitely has superior business/productivity apps. You can always switch back to a bb device, however it'll be hard once you see the difference in app quality.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-06-13 08:00 PM
    ok

CB10 need update!
    11-06-13 08:04 PM
    Android definitely has superior business/productivity apps. You can always switch back to a bb device, however it'll be hard once you see the difference in app quality.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    I can use my phone as a remote too..
    11-06-13 08:21 PM
153 1234 ...