So, my wife's Z10 has taken some serious abuse over the past few months. She keeps it in her back pocket at all times. Normally, she remembers to take it out before using the restroom. However, as most of you probably know; when you add the element of intoxication, common sense is pretty hard to come by. That being said; her poor Z10 has abandoned ship into hostile waters 4 times just this year! I've told her that if and when this were to happen, she should immediately pull the battery, and blow dry/shake out as much of the moisture as possible before sinking it into a container of rice. Since there was alcohol involved three out of four times, those instructions weren't always followed to the letter. But yet this morning, after awakening the phone from its fourth night in the container of rice (that now stays in the kitchen ready at all times), it miraculously still works!

We've had several friends who have used the same methods for drying their (mostly android)phones out, and they either glitch out and stop working after a few days, or just never turn on again. I'm not sure what BlackBerry is doing differently as far as hardware quality, but it seems to be working!

And this, my friends, is just one of the many reasons that I'll always choose BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty and Korr Valmoria like this.
    03-08-14 06:15 PM
    I'm sorry, you're saying it's fallen into the toilet 4 times? Is she still putting it up to her face to make calls? Because I think maybe I would have paid for a "clean" phone by now, regardless of how tough the original was.

Kudos to the build quality for surviving that many drownings though.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Mr.Monty like this.
    03-08-14 06:20 PM
    Try dropping a Nokia on it and we'll see if it survives that

But 4 times and it's still working? That's very very lucky I must say, although the bathroom scenario doesn't sound like the most hygienic place to have such luck

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:24 PM
    Well, luckily it's always fallen in BEFORE she takes care of business. Haha! And we always disinfect the phone afterwards. But still, I see your point. Although we would've been way beyond our maximum number of insurance claims for the year by now.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:36 PM
    I hope she also carries elbow length rubber gloves - yech!
    03-08-14 06:40 PM
    Maybes your wife should sober up.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:36 PM
    Maybe time to change her habits if you ask me. 4x!!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    03-08-14 09:55 PM
    Just don't eat that rice, lol. Party people!
    03-08-14 09:59 PM
    Just don't eat that rice, lol. Party people!
    This curry is tasty o.

The sweetcorn is so juicy!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 06:46 AM
    The good news - you have a great phone.

The bad news - your wife has an alcohol problem and both of you should do something about it.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    03-09-14 07:00 AM
    LOL, man! You have an adorable wife! ROFL!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-09-14 07:01 AM
    I'm pretty sure OP didn't make the thread for you all to pass judgement on his wife. I'm pretty sure it's none of our business what his wife does with her life.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    03-09-14 07:04 AM
    That's it. You now have to knock on wood, because next time she drops it in the toilet, it will be broken. Just because you stopped the luck by creating this thread

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-09-14 07:35 AM
    I can't imagine the bacteria that is growing inside from moisture that was trapped that the rice didn't get.

I don't take phones into the rest room 1 because I personally think it's nasty and 2 I hear phones have a gravitational pull to toilets.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:19 AM