Hey guys,

Last Friday I got my Z10 on AT&T and fell in love with the phone. After hearing about T-Mobile's new contracts plans and seeing their coverage in my area is excellent, I decided to return my AT&T Z10 yesterday and order one from T-Mobile. It arrive today, and I immediately plugged it in to Link to restore all of my software. I wasn't happy to see that it says "Incompatible software, please update your device software and try again." I checked and noticed that T-Mobile is still running the .85 version of the software rather than the .88 version AT&T has, which I assume is the problem. I really don't want to go through and do all of the setup again if I can avoid it. Does anyone know of a way to force that update?
    Last edited by ashykat; 03-28-13 at 11:00 PM.
    03-28-13 10:41 PM
    If you know how to sideload you can load everything except the coreOS. https://mega.co.nz/#!Ql9wFRST!F09Csw...O2xW-Ox6LKXWmk
    03-28-13 11:19 PM
    If you know how to sideload you can load everything except the coreOS. https://mega.co.nz/#!Ql9wFRST!F09Csw...O2xW-Ox6LKXWmk
    So if I'm understanding correctly, these are all of the updated stock applications, yet this does not actually update the OS itself. Is that correct? The biggest reason I have to want to update is so that I can restore my backup from my AT&T Z10 to my new T-Mobile one, and I don't think this would actually accomplish that, though correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you for the help though!
    03-28-13 11:51 PM
    I really don't recommend loading different OS' onto your device. From my own personal experience, it often leads to bad signal and funky errors. To each their own though, just trying to pass along my findings.
    ashykat likes this.
    03-28-13 11:55 PM
    Bla1ze, I suppose you're probably right in this regard. I'm remembering the old days of deleting vendor.xml and I realize BB10 is not quite the same anyway. I'm just slightly disappointed to have to go through the whole setup process and sideload all my apps again, but there are worse things I suppose. Knowing my luck as soon as I have it all how I want it again I'll get an update notification.
    03-28-13 11:58 PM
    Just be patient. An update will come. I'm on TMobile and I'm waiting for an update too.

Post via CB10
    03-29-13 12:09 AM
    speaking from experience, at&t's .88 does not run well on t-mobile.

spend the time and rebuild your phone manually.

Posted via CB10
    ashykat likes this.
    03-29-13 12:10 AM
    Alright, I'm starting the process of rebuilding the phone. It'll probably be a two day process but I guess it's worth it.
    03-29-13 12:38 AM
    it is.

mine actually got a worse signal while roaming on at&t and had trouble picking up the closest t-mobile tower, which was a sign something odd was happening behind the scenes in their firmware.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:47 AM