THIS!!! BlackBerry was THEE device to have at one time in America.

BlackBerry stood still while Apple and Google made smartphones with consumers in mind.

In America the culture depicts "what's cool" and BlackBerry cannot change American society's mind about the brand in a few months...its just not going to happen.

Its going to take time but if they continue to push out device's as good or better than the competition then they can look at a comeback in the U.S but like I said its not going to happen over night.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-25-13 11:08 PM
    I have posted this many times already

America is about American made and no other.

Get use to it as they have done this for 100dreds of years.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Other than cars... what is American made?

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-26-13 12:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Uhm... I'm looking around my house and can't find anything American made except for food. We don't really make much nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    06-26-13 12:20 AM
    Americans make essentially nothing now a days. It's not the late 50's anymore. Cadillac is no longer the standard of the world. American made me and nothing to 90% of Americans. The only ones who do are people like me who remember the workmanship of 50-60's American products with rose tinted glasses.

I recently picked up a Z10. I like the phone well enough but in the end... it doesn't differentiate itself enough from its competitors. I used to be a huge blackberry fan and took the plunge on this one. I really dislike how little carriers are pushing this phone but my local AT&T and Verizon store both had displays up front and center for them. When I requested one they met my request with enthusiasm.

BlackBerry has lost major share in this market of their own accord. Americans have absolutely no problem with buying products from Canada. Even down here in the most reckneck and prejudice place in the county.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:06 AM
    I made a thread on this same issue and nobody listened to me. I haven't still seen a person with a sim free Z10 that has a problem! And that says it all
    06-26-13 01:29 AM
    Or maybe the only folks that really care about such things are sitting here.

I posit the average not only doesn't care about updates, but they don't even know they exist. As proof, I offer up a user who I had to forcefully update their Tour from BBOS 4-5.

Or my better half. All of her devices (phone, computer, tablet). have updates just sitting around.

Average folks don't care about that ****.

Maybe it's the phone vendors. Who are looking to make money off a weakened platform. You know, the ones who invested in "competitive" devices 2 years ago and had to eat the inventory loss. Can't fathom why they'd be gunshy or wait to see how worldwide sales are going before committing to orders and release dates.

Maybe it's the fans. After all, no matter what BlackBerry or anyone else does we're never happy.

Get rid of BIS it sucks - we need modern email support. Then BlackBerry delivers and it's all about why did they get rid of BIS?

Apps we need apps! Screw you we need Tools not Toys! Where the definition of tools is narrowly defined to the way the most obnoxious of this board's populace define it.

Let's blame everyone else instead of the real culprits. BlackBerry and the BlackBerry community.

BlackBerry dug a monumentally big hole for themselves.

And as a community we keep sending mixed messages and vitriol to the entities that BlackBerry needs for their survival.

Yeah, there's a conspiracy to have BlackBerry fail. But it's closer to home than you think.
    +1
    Douken likes this.
    06-26-13 01:48 AM
    It seems that there is some kind of devious american collusion against BB. This is not to attack american consumers but the higher powers in your country that do not want to see BB succeed for selfish financial reasons.

It seems that corporate america hates BB, your media bashes it all the time, your so called "research analysts" bashes it all the time, and your carriers took the longest time to approve BB10 on some non-sense "security testing" excuse which delayed BB10's roll-out in the U.S. which was never the case for iphones (which is conveniently an american product that have way more security issues).

After the phones were finally released in the U.S., then your carriers do a poor job marketing them and delay the O.S. updates as much as possible to seemingly frustrate its users almost intentionally to the point that some are walking away from the platform completely.

It's all part of the corporate american agenda to discredit BB and a lot of american consumers are caught victims of it. Why is that U.S. carrier based BB10 phones have disproportionately higher rates of problems while Canadian carriers based ones are generally fine?

Ask yourself that question and if anything, blame your U.S. carriers and corporate america for the frustrations you are feeling towards BB10.
    King of the Internetz

I understand that BlackBerry has to gain their respect again. But what he says is true. You read a lot of unnecessary bashing, exaggerated I might add, negative and negative reviews, totally biased like if BlackBerry stole their kids and they need to sink the company in order to fulfill their vendetta. I'm the one that thinks that if you don't have any constructive things to say then stay quiet. Obviously unnecessary bashing just makes you look bad and not in a good way.

Posted via Zed 10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-26-13 01:49 AM
    Americans make essentially nothing now a days. It's not the late 50's anymore. Cadillac is no longer the standard of the world. American made me and nothing to 90% of Americans. The only ones who do are people like me who remember the workmanship of 50-60's American products with rose tinted glasses.

I recently picked up a Z10. I like the phone well enough but in the end... it doesn't differentiate itself enough from its competitors. I used to be a huge blackberry fan and took the plunge on this one. I really dislike how little carriers are pushing this phone but my local AT&T and Verizon store both had displays up front and center for them. When I requested one they met my request with enthusiasm.

BlackBerry has lost major share in this market of their own accord. Americans have absolutely no problem with buying products from Canada. Even down here in the most reckneck and prejudice place in the county.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder... was it a corporate store or a franchise. I've now been in two corporate att stores and they have one z10 on display way in the back corner, right next to the bold, and those are the only two BlackBerry's. And I've already told my lengthy story of how they tried to talk me out of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 12:33 AM
    After reading the untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone - it would NOT surprise me at all. According to that book they're willing to kill to make money.
    07-09-13 07:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Or to clarify America is about products that were invented by Americans as the Iphone is made in China.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:00 PM
    Do you how you sound? Ridiculous and look at your own history.
    07-09-13 08:03 PM
    How awesome.

Posted via that z10!
    07-09-13 08:03 PM
    After reading the untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone - it would NOT surprise me at all. According to that book they're willing to kill to make money.
    Every country has its secrets and does whatever it deems to be in its own interest. Also, Oliver Stone is known to play fast and loose with the truth.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    07-09-13 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fox news and other whack-job info-BS outlets say these things to get the Corn Belt Crowd all in a frenzy -- like the way they get whipped up about the Rupture. America is about buying the best product, regardless of origin. That's why I have a Z10.

(And, "hundreds of years"? See that's Sara Palin talk. We've only been a country for about two hundred -- as in two. Sara.)
    trynacu2 likes this.
    07-09-13 08:17 PM
    Fox news and other whack-job info-BS outlets say these things to get the Corn Belt Crowd all in a frenzy -- like the way they get whipped up about the Rupture. America is about buying the best product, regardless of origin. That's why I have a Z10.
    It's called rapture not rupture.

I'm from the corn belt, don't believe in the rapture and know a butthead when it see it.

Take your crap somewhere else.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    shaleem likes this.
    07-09-13 08:21 PM
116 ... 345