Am in the US.... I am a blackberry fan but if the os isn't fixed when it hits the US....bye bye blackberry! They will crucify as I said in the post!
    Not to suggest there aren't issues to fix,, but I would be somewhat skeptical of assuming all people are experience issues or that platforms are bug free or issue free, or that people reporting issues here is any different than people reporting issues on any forum for any platform.

https://discussions.apple.com/commun...e/using_iphone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Help
    Nokia Lumia - Nokia Support Discussions
    Drayk likes this.
    02-28-13 10:32 AM
    I am one of the biggest fans on this Site...thanks!!!
    Then as a fan of this site, PLEASE in the future make your thread post into a question and not a direct shot, your post would have been fine if it was in question format, this way it looks like your saying the phone is junk, bb is junk and the us will kill it!!!! You could have posted it as " There seems so much to fix in the os, is this true? The US will crucify if not perfect" Your way looks just like another troll post to get the american market pissed at something they havent got to try or see for themselves yet.

Just sayin.
    02-28-13 11:03 AM
    Agreed there is a lot to fix, but better to go to blackberry.com/beta and report findings there than to come to CB and whine about it.
    I couldn't agree more. OP has 18 posts....a noob. I think CB is better served explaining and helping,rather than flaming.
    I don't own a Z10....I will tho. I read about a lot of issues. I've owned enough BB's to know, they'll be dealt with.
    I've also been around CB long enough to know US users will flame the device if 1 thing is out of line.
    So.....I happen to agree (somewhat) w/OP.
    I also think a lot of issues will be fixed before the US release. Even if they aren't, I'll get one.....because I'm a crack head. My current device is a Galaxy S3.
    02-28-13 11:33 AM
    The op is my brother, and we are both blackberry fans and both plan on getting the z10. With the posts we have both been seeing on here, there seems to be some legitimate problems...I would say a majority of them are user error. We are both concerned that if they don't fix these problems, and rather quickly instead of "soon", it won't be accepted well in the US. I posted this before, but I will do it again....I don't care much about apps, I want functionality and a device I can trust will run well and serve my needs.

And to the poster that said blackberry doesn't care about me, I can tell that....I've had checkerboard on my playbook browser for a **** of a long time now and never been addressed or fixed.

We are both going to get the z10, and I'm sure that both being tech savvy, we will be pleased with it. Just wanted to let you all know, op is not a troll...just a concerned US citizen that wants to see BB do well.
    02-28-13 12:13 PM
    Kinda convenient that you guys have almost identical names, but you signed up in 2009 and your brother this month and using identical devices...

BlackBerry knows a lot about the issues, as if you read the blackberry.com/beta forums, a lot of us users also post in there, and BB is aware of a lot of the problems, but your "brother" needs to take a different approach to using these forums. Can't come out swinging like he did.
    UserName872 likes this.
    02-28-13 12:28 PM
    Don't know why you say it's convenient.....both have different pins....and yes, same devices....use them personal and work. He did come out swinging, because that's the way he is....he will kick your a** and ask questions later. We both agree that most of the posts on here(including yours)don't have any business being on here. But, as blackberry users, for quite some time now, neither of us are "noobs"
    Kinda convenient that you guys have almost identical names, but you signed up in 2009 and your brother this month and using identical devices...

BlackBerry knows a lot about the issues, as if you read the blackberry.com/beta forums, a lot of us users also post in there, and BB is aware of a lot of the problems, but your "brother" needs to take a different approach to using these forums. Can't come out swinging like he did.
    02-28-13 12:56 PM
    Do you realize one thing tho? The OS is NEW. Please understand that. Its taking 6 + years for Apple to fix their OS.
    You do realise BlackBerry does not have the luxury of years to get it right. Thorsten Heins said BlackBerry OS 10 would not be released until they "get it right". Apparently, they did release BlackBerry OS 10 before it was perfected. Now let me say I am enjoying my BlackBerry Z10 and never thought an all-touch screen smartphone would ever replace my preference for a physical keyboard. I stand corrected and happily so. Fortunately, for most of the world, including the US, BlackBerry OS 10 will be an even better experience for you because those of us in Canada, the United Kingdom, and select other countries are the BlackBerry lab rats this time round.
    rcs36 likes this.
    02-28-13 01:14 PM
    an update was just released. it claims to have fixed a lot of bugs, made improvements and added features. you happy enough to get a Z10 now?
    knighty2112 likes this.
    02-28-13 02:20 PM
    So people can't form an opinion based on other people's experiences? If fanboys and fangirls would have their way, we'd all be hearing, "this device is amazing!" and not the truth that there are glaring problems. Thank goodness there are "trolls" on here with opinions other than that otherwise we'd be in trouble!
    All I can say is that I have had my Z10 since it launched in the UK on 30th Jan, so have had it for 4 weeks now. In all that time I have had hardly any issues with the phone. I have had to do 1 restart in that time, 1 battery pull. Other than that there have been hardly any issues with mine. Things is you will always get more people coming on to forums to air their complaints then you will with people who really have few/none. In reality in my experience the phone is very good. Yes, sure the software/firmware will have some issues with it, but all, repeat all new products launching onto the markets will always have software/firmware issues on new products regardless of how long they have been developing it. I work for a company that manufactures office equipment & can tell that new products launched always have these issues. In the case of the Z10 my experience has been good, but remember that the majority of satisfied users won't come on forums to state this.The Z10 is an exceptional phone, and yes when the glitches & bugs do get fixed (as they will do in future OS releases) it will be even better. However, in my opinion the bugs that are on the phone are far, far outweighed by all the positives on it, so I would not hesitate in telling anyone if they like the type of phone that the Z10 is then go for it. It is a very capable phone.
    rcs36 likes this.
    02-28-13 02:55 PM
    You call this a dumb post....iwhat do you think the US will do???
    Nuke Canada maybe?
    02-28-13 02:59 PM
    You do realise BlackBerry does not have the luxury of years to get it right. Thorsten Heins said BlackBerry OS 10 would not be released until they "get it right". Apparently, they did release BlackBerry OS 10 before it was perfected. Now let me say I am enjoying my BlackBerry Z10 and never thought an all-touch screen smartphone would ever replace my preference for a physical keyboard. I stand corrected and happily so. Fortunately, for most of the world, including the US, BlackBerry OS 10 will be an even better experience for you because those of us in Canada, the United Kingdom, and select other countries are the BlackBerry lab rats this time round.
    As per my response above no matter how long any product will have been in development there are always, always software/firmware issues on them. I work for a company that has developed systems that have been in the planning for 5+ years, & still when they launch they have issues on them. This is inevitable because it is very hard to filter out or find these issues in any lab. They only really become apparent when the equipment is launched live & people use it. And this becomes even more apparent when the product sells well too, as more users use & find these errors that lab testing in most cases cannot find or see because we all use our phone for different things, with multi-different applications etc running. Blackberry will iron out the worst of these glitches pretty quickly. Sadly, if you really expect any 1st edition piece of equipment to be totally perfect then you will be disappointed repeatedly I am afraid.
    02-28-13 03:04 PM
    So how exactly is one being called a troll, when he states he is a BB user, and is going to be purchasing the phone once it becomes available????
    Those of you pointing your fingers and calling him troll are probably considered "fanboys". Not to mention, to make ignorant remarks towards Americans (or any other citizen) is downright apalling, and shows how much of a hipocrite you are.
    The OP is simply stating his OPINION (that he's entitled to) based on information he has gathered throughout the wonderful internet world. There's absolutely no reason to resort to all the name calling.

What's funny is that if the OP would have started the same thread in one of the other Mobile Nations forums, it would have been received with much less negativity, and perhaps an intelligent conversation might have been started.

<Sent from my Exotic Dancer's phone>
    02-28-13 03:13 PM
    Could you elaborate on what all fixes you want Blackberry to fix ?

It's a new OS v1.0. What about that people don't understand ? I agree it has minor bugs which needs to be rectified. But the so called 'bugs', are they preventing you from using phone completely.
    The OS is something different. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

If the lack of apps is your main concern, then ask the developers you want an app for bb10. Its upto the developer if they want to make an app for bb10. All blackberry can do is showcase the OS to them, so that it appeals to them. Blackberry is trying to get apps.

Blackberry has done an amazing job in trying to get developers to bring their apps to BB10, by organizing so many events across the globe.

Users wont buy z10 due to lack of apps.
    Developers wont make app for z10 due to lack of users. its like a vicious circle.

Keep Calm and Believe in Blackberry.
    02-28-13 03:31 PM
    **cough cough** Bull sh!t.
    Bull **** is what you eat. Thats why you cough i guess lol
    06-27-15 12:15 AM
    Bull **** is what you eat. Thats why you cough i guess lol
    Wow, 2 1/2 years later to come up with a response. that must be some new kind of record right there, lol
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-26-15 04:45 PM
    Wow, 2 1/2 years later to come up with a response. that must be some new kind of record right there, lol
    Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 07:27 PM
66 123