I think it's amazing that there are so many different stories when it comes to batteries.

Not surprising at all. There are a huge number of variables that impact battery life on a smartphone.

MOST people have no idea about all these variables, and then go spouting-off extrapolating one single person's experience as if that represents the whole world. Hardly.

So, please don't take this the wrong way,...but if those that desire more "battery time" were to invest in the 4500mah battery,...promise they will not cry about no juice for at least 24 hours!
    4500 mah battery. Done.
    Get a 4500 mah battery. End of worries. Trust me.

You guys sell these so-called 4500 maH batteries? Because everything I have ever seen making such claims are fake/bogus uncertified garbage that will likely damage the phone, too.

There is no magical technology that can cram 2.5x the capacity of the original battery into the same space. The original battery is actually fairly state of the art in terms of power density.

The only batteries that are going to substantially increase battery life on a Z10 are something that is external in some way. Either plugs into the USB port or sticks out the back requiring a new device back panel and a special case to accomodate it.
    03-01-14 07:20 PM
    03-01-14 07:27 PM
    *shrugs* battery life has never been a problem for me...

i keep brightness on about 30-35%, screen timeout @ 20/30 secs... really nothing else special besides making sure I close active frames when not using them... oh and I keep sync update intervals for most apps as low as possible to avoid having tons of stuff running in bg... BeWeather is at 2 or 3 hours, email is at like 30min i think..

my batt gives me a solid 12-16 hours with minimal (less than 30min) charging... 1 email acct, plenty of texts, rare calls, couple hours of browser, multiple hours of music... obv other apps like instagram, bbw, etc.. don't really use wi-fi often...

my batt was at 75% last night at 9pm... it's now at 26%, so that's 50 percent drained in 20 hours, with only about 4 hours of down/sleep time, no charge over"night"... so i'll take 50 percent in 16 hours everyday...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 03-01-14 at 08:08 PM.
    03-01-14 07:45 PM
    I don't sell the 4500 mah battery. I just bought one (came with the bigger back cover you mention) and I've never worried about running low on juice again. It's not magic and it's not the same size as the original battery, but if you're okay with the added weight and size it's the best solution out there IMO.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:57 PM
    My Z10 used to get unplugged at 8 am, then plugged back in around 1am with 10-20% battery left.

Since the latest software update, I now have to plug my phone in 3 times a day. I totally blame the software update. Not because it was a bad update, but because now my phone is full of Android apps and I can't put it down. I think my phone usage has quadrupled since the update.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but as of right now, I'm in love with this phone all over again a year after I bought it.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:35 PM
    I'm just choked that they put in a smaller battery than the Q10. Like I'm less of a power user...

I do manage to get through my 18 hour day, but it involves leaving the screen at minimum brightness. No other compromises, I don't turn off LTE and I keep my numerous email accounts on push. The brightness is not a problem for me, unless I have to show someone a picture or video, then they think my phone is junk if I forgot to turn up the brightness.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-01-14 10:42 PM
    Get a second battery and swapem out when battery levels are low....Started doing that a couple months ago and have zero regrets.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    Highly recommend this. The Z10 external battery accessory rocks. Get one of those and a premium micro car charger (which you can get for less than $15). Then you'll have a second battery you can swap in. You can charge both the external battery and Z10 at the same time. If in the car, use the premium charger.

Also, battery conservation is a good strategy. If you do not have any Bluetooth devices connected, keep Bluetooth off. If you don't need to use NFC or location services/GPS, turn those off. If you do not want to be disturbed with calls at work or elsewhere, consider turning the cell radio off, and Wi-Fi on. Flip Wi-Fi off and turn the cell radio on when you head out the door.
    03-01-14 11:06 PM
    I'm just choked that they put in a smaller battery than the Q10. Like I'm less of a power user...

I do manage to get through my 18 hour day, but it involves leaving the screen at minimum brightness. No other compromises, I don't turn off LTE and I keep my numerous email accounts on push. The brightness is not a problem for me, unless I have to show someone a picture or video, then they think my phone is junk if I forgot to turn up the brightness.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    You can also turn off the screen when you're not using it by tapping the button at the top. Shuts it off instantly and you don't have to rely on the timeout.

The Z10 was the first BB10 device, and consequently, it lacks some of the trappings of the later BB10 devices. FM radio, support for Miracast, better battery, etc. Many have traded up to the Z30, which has a very good (though nonremovable) battery, and love it.
    mschafhausen likes this.
    03-01-14 11:09 PM
    The latest update 2102 seems to have addressed the battery issue

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:17 AM
    I am ona Z10 10.2.1 Verizon and I don't have any of these battery issues everyone seems to be experiencing. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good battery.
    With normal use - Apps, Texts, Calls, Music (no wifi) I end the day with 20-30% batt left.
    I also have an extra battery just in case.
    03-02-14 12:37 AM
    For me, I really love my Z10, but absolutely hate the poor battery life. To get through the day I've bought 2 other batteries/ charger packs, so that I can replace the battery once it runs down.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    03-02-14 07:17 AM
    Turn off LTE and use 3G. My buddy was in Asia, and after doing that, it went from 8 hours to two days without charging.

Posted via CB10
    yes i find this to be true too. i say on 3g only battery should last at least 10% longer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-14 07:30 AM
    I am ona Z10 10.2.1 Verizon and I don't have any of these battery issues everyone seems to be experiencing. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good battery.
    With normal use - Apps, Texts, Calls, Music (no wifi) I end the day with 20-30% batt left.
    I also have an extra battery just in case.
    I can also go trough day of use - from 8 am to 11 pm without recharging. I have set all my private email accounts to forward emails to my corporate account so I have only one account set on my Z10 (always synching).WiFi is always on, network set to edge, brightness is on factory default. Some browsing and rss reading, few sms messages, around 50 emails synced, around 25 phone calls lasting about minute to two minute . Some Androids which I had, with same daily usage, had far worse battery life.
    03-02-14 08:11 AM
    i get a full day out of my battery. i'm not always on my phone but i still use it, the major issue is the screen that sucks down the juice, if you're constatly on it playing games or watching videos it'll pull the battery pretty hard.

an example for me is i woke up today at 11 took my phone off charge and its now 5 and i have 84% life left. during the week at work i'm up at 5 and my phone doesn't go back on charge untill 11 still has 25% left and thats after watching some clips and a some candy crush. when i play candy crush is when you watch the graph shoot down but then stabilize.

stand by with no Candy crush i can probably get 1.5-2 days out of it, no BS.
    Well then you must have that super secret special Z10 battery because I've never, not once, had better then 12 to 14 hours of battery life in a day and that's with minimal usage. My best battery life was on 10.1 and then it got progressively worse from there. 10.2.1 for me has been the worst OS thus far for battery life but I also find myself using my phone way more with all the Android apps I now have access too.

Only reason I don't mind so much, is because I'm pretty much a step away from a charger at anytime. But it would be nice to get through a full day and part of night out on the town without having to conserve battery life. Seriously considering that KIMPS 2300mAH battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:26 AM
    [QUOTE=Omnitech;10070837]

"You guys sell these so-called 4500 maH batteries? Because everything I have ever seen making such claims are fake/bogus uncertified garbage that will likely damage the phone, too."

Well ... I just installed my new "fake/bogus uncertified garbage" and I'm getting 25-30 hours of battery life ... and no, I don't sell them ... but people on Ebay do.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:05 AM
    The biggest drain is the screen. Turn the brightness down unless you're in direct sunlight. I never had a problem with the Z10's battery life. It was always better than my previous device.

If you look at the device monitor, you may notice Pim Services draining a lot. If so, go for a longer sync interval.

Now I'm on the Z30 most days and -- wow.
    03-02-14 09:20 AM
    I didn't read through the pages so I'm sure this has been said already, but of all the problems I've had with my Z10, and I've had many, battery life isn't one of them. I'm a moderate to heavy user and I get through the day with little drama. On an extremely busy day I may get the "Below 20%" alert before I hook it up to charge over night, but under normal circumstances I'm left with about 30% at the end of the day.
    03-02-14 10:13 AM
    Well then you must have that super secret special Z10 battery because I've never, not once, had better then 12 to 14 hours of battery life in a day and that's with minimal usage. My best battery life was on 10.1 and then it got progressively worse from there. 10.2.1 for me has been the worst OS thus far for battery life but I also find myself using my phone way more with all the Android apps I now have access too.

Only reason I don't mind so much, is because I'm pretty much a step away from a charger at anytime. But it would be nice to get through a full day and part of night out on the town without having to conserve battery life. Seriously considering that KIMPS 2300mAH battery.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, my battery life actually improved with 10.2.1
    03-02-14 10:15 AM
    Medium use, 4 email accounts ,phone, text, Internet. 24hrs. A 2hour movie only took 25%. Biggest hit on the battery has been the camera. Better than my Titan and OneX. For Internet I tend to go with my Asus fonepad purely for screen size and the fact that no tethering is required. Best phone I've used in 16 years of mobile

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    03-02-14 11:20 AM

"You guys sell these so-called 4500 maH batteries? Because everything I have ever seen making such claims are fake/bogus uncertified garbage that will likely damage the phone, too."

Well ... I just installed my new "fake/bogus uncertified garbage" and I'm getting 25-30 hours of battery life ... and no, I don't sell them ... but people on Ebay do.

And I can get that kind of life with the standard battery.

If you can prove to me that that battery actually provides 4500 mAh of capacity and fits in the same space as the original, I will write you a check for $500 on the spot.

If it doesn't - you prepared to offer the same?

How about that?
    03-02-14 11:27 AM

If you can prove to me that that battery actually provides 4500 mAh of capacity and fits in the same space as the original, I will write you a check for $500 on the spot.

How about that?
    Chill, dude. I haven't seen anyone say it was the same physical size battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:55 PM
    My solution was ... Z30. And it resolved perfectly.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Lol excellent solution.

I had a Z10. Loved it for the most part. But the battery life...I felt like I always had to charge my phone. Smh. Only solution to increasing battery life was for me to not use the device haha

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:07 PM

How about that?
    Stop fretting mate. You can't have a 4500 mah battery in the z10 giving the space you have unless it's of more height than the standard thus u need a back cover that fits. If you want a slim one then it has to be wider. I have the 4500 mah battery and I can assure you it lasts a full 36 hrs with moderate to minimal use and at least 18 with heavy use. Been using mine heavily today and it's currently on 43% since 11am this morning. I'll make sure I don't charge it and I'll update this post with a picture tomorrow when it's down to 10%. Maybe then you'll agree. Here a picture in the mean time. It's 8 pm now.

Is there REALLY any solution for Z10's battery life?-img_20140302_200659.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    03-02-14 02:07 PM
    You can't have a 4500 mah battery in the z10 giving the space you have

And that was my point. So you agree then. Good.

Just to refresh your memory, my original point about high-capacity batteries:

There is no magical technology that can cram 2.5x the capacity of the original battery into the same space. The original battery is actually fairly state of the art in terms of power density.

The only batteries that are going to substantially increase battery life on a Z10 are something that is external in some way. Either plugs into the USB port or sticks out the back requiring a new device back panel and a special case to accomodate it.
    03-02-14 02:22 PM
    Threads like these are the most crazy,...how can someone not know about a $25 to $30 high capacity battery for the Z10 that yields some 24, 36,..48+ hours. Yet, they come to CB.com and complain about their Z10's battery under performing!

So, please don't take this the wrong way,...but if those that desire more "battery time" were to invest in the 4500mah battery,...promise they will not cry about no juice for at least 24 hours!

Again, don't take this wrong,...but the battery issue for the Z10 is done as far as the after market is concerned.

Posted via CB10
    I have one and the z10 still eats the battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:26 PM
102 12345