Hello CB, I just got the awesome 10.2 update on my Z10 and I noticed that my own number is now being displayed on top of the call screen (which wasn't there prior to updating). Is it possible to disable this feature?

Thanks.
    10-27-13 10:19 AM
    Settings > security and privacy > sim card > edit my phone number > ok
    Montmartre likes this.
    10-27-13 10:40 AM
    I believe it is a bug,as I cannot disable.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:48 AM
    Do you mean the number that only shows up when you pull down the phone app page? It doesn't show normally going into it until you pull it down. At least that's how it works on my 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:58 AM
    Settings > security and privacy > sim card > edit my phone number > ok
    Note that removing the phone number listed in the field there will not remove the actual section in the Phone app where it displays "My number" when making a phone call nor the section when you pull down on the screen in the call log. You will simply see "Unknown number" in place of your phone number.
    10-27-13 11:04 AM
    Yes, I know that the number can be changed under sim in security settings. I'm wondering if the My number/unknown number display can be removed from the call screen.
    10-27-13 11:09 AM
    Don't think so. Just don't pull it down.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:36 AM
    He means the number when you are in a call. The screen where it shows display pic if who you called and the dial pad or the mute and end call buttons. If you hit the phone icon swipe down from that app to show the settings. There is an option called show my number. That should be the thing that hides it. But it's not working for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:41 AM
    Yes INTz, I turned that option off as well but the number is still being displayed. Looks like it's a 10.2 bug.
    10-27-13 11:46 AM
    "Show My Number" in Call settings only toggles whether or not your number is displayed when making an outgoing call. It doesn't hide it from being displayed on your phone.
    10-27-13 12:00 PM
    "Show My Number" in Call settings only toggles whether or not your number is displayed when making an outgoing call. It doesn't hide it from being displayed on your phone.
    Exactly - outgoing to the other phone getting the call from you. It apparently confuses some people as to what that setting does.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:10 PM