I'm posting this thread to clear up misinformation on another thread here in the forums.

There is no mechanical / physical shutter on BlackBerry phones.

The sound you hear when you take a picture is a sound file.

The sound you hear when you close the camera app is also a sound file.

I stated this on the other thread and was shot down for being rude and arrogant and others chimed in saying there must be a shutter cause you can hear it if you sit in a quiet room.

Normally I would let this pass, but there was so many un true comments I had to say something.

The people that were saying that I was not helping, well I've got more "thanks" clicked to my profile than they have posts.

Well, that's that.

Have a good day all.

Posted via CB10
    buster3535 and ckh_bb like this.
    02-23-14 09:07 AM
    how could anyone disagree? Its always been a thing by Blackberry to make a shutter sound to stop voyeur pics. But there has always been apps to silence the sound file, and now even bb allows the sound to be taken off in silent mode.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-23-14 09:11 AM
    Don't quite see the point in starting a new thread, to argue a point in another thread, but yes, there is no physical shutter.

Camera phone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sometimes it easier to provide the evidence, and let the misguided either accept the facts, or continue in blissful ignorance.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-23-14 09:18 AM
    I scrolled back through your posts to December, and must have missed it. What thread?
    02-23-14 09:22 AM
    I scrolled back through your posts to December, and must have missed it. What thread?
    It's a thread about a power button being loose, I made a new thread because I didn't want to inflame the participants further, it's sad that some people cannot debate and accept facts.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:32 AM
    It's a thread about a power button being loose, I made a new thread because I didn't want to inflame the participants further, it's sad that some people cannot debate and accept facts.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you've heard the saying. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Present the facts, and learn to let it go. You really want to start the whole thing over again here?
    clickitykeys and der_mit like this.
    02-23-14 10:09 AM
    Dude, let it go...
    CDM76 and der_mit like this.
    02-23-14 10:16 AM
    I'm sure you've heard the saying. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Present the facts, and learn to let it go. You really want to start the whole thing over again here?
    Noooo, don't want to start anything,
    Just want to state that there is no shutter.

We all want correct information on this site, be it about this or anything else BlackBerry related.

I hear what you're saying though.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-23-14 10:24 AM
    I'm glad that it imitates the sound of that shutter. These phones are meant to be used by businesses who need security (And customers with good taste). Part of that security includes making sure the user isn't taking photos of company info (like customer info as they are entering it) to try to take it out of the building.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:55 PM
    Useless info that didn't mean sh!t the first time and now posted again and it is somehow supposed to be important? I could go on but why bother
    02-23-14 07:11 PM
    I'm posting this thread to clear up misinformation on another thread here in the forums.

I stated this on the other thread and was shot down for being rude and arrogant and others chimed in saying there must be a shutter cause you can hear it if you sit in a quiet room.

Normally I would let this pass, but there was so many un true comments I had to say something.

The people that were saying that I was not helping, well I've got more "thanks" clicked to my profile than they have posts.

Well, that's that.

Have a good day all.

Posted via CB10
    So because it's a sound file it disappointed you? I'm not understanding your complaint? In 10.0 there was the shutter sound and people complained, then either in 10.1 or 10.2 can't remember now, it was left to the users discretion to have it on or off. Now you're complaint is what exactly?

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-23-14 07:20 PM
    I'm glad that it imitates the sound of that shutter. These phones are meant to be used by businesses who need security (And customers with good taste). Part of that security includes making sure the user isn't taking photos of company info (like customer info as they are entering it) to try to take it out of the building.

Posted via CB10
    Except that you can turn it off by silencing the phone. So it serves no purpose but to annoy people. Actually, I take that back...one function is that when taking pics of others, the annoying noise signals to them that the pic has in fact been taken.. :P

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    02-23-14 07:25 PM
    Except that you can turn it off by silencing the phone.
    Exactly.
    Obviously this phone has no shutter. Its funny someone argued with the OP saying there was.

I do however, like the sound (sometimes) as it gives positive confirmation that you actually took the pic. Other times...not so much.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-23-14 07:47 PM
    So because it's a sound file it disappointed you? I'm not understanding your complaint? In 10.0 there was the shutter sound and people complained, then either in 10.1 or 10.2 can't remember now, it was left to the users discretion to have it on or off. Now you're complaint is what exactly?

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Youre missing the point, This post is for information, there is NO complaint.
    02-24-14 04:17 AM
    Cool, didn't know about the sound file but makes total sense since it makes no sound when using on vibrate. I know there's other threads out here about people needing it to be silenced for taking pictures in certain areas... like with a sleeping baby in the room or at a school concert or class room...to bad others abuse it.

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    der_mit likes this.
    02-24-14 09:00 AM
    Why would anyone think that a smart phone camera has a real shutter...

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-24-14 09:37 AM

Well, that's that.

Have a good day all.

Posted via CB10
    OCD is not a laughing matter

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    Lostonline likes this.
    02-24-14 02:02 PM
    Because there are lots of people of varying tech savvy out there. Just because someone thought there was a really physical shutter doesn't mean they are stupid or idiots. The OP is educating anyone out there who doesn't know this and not in a condescending manner so thanks OP!
    mnc76, der_mit and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-24-14 02:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Before byod it was common that company phones had no cameras.
    Just look at the legacy BlackBerry models that could come without one.
    02-24-14 03:58 PM
    Let's just be clear here when you write something like you did on my post about there being no physical shutter and then write "pmsl" after what you wrote (which wasn't helpful) that comes across in a condescending tone and basically made me sound like an *****. So I don't know as much as you, so what? That's why I said there was no need to be arrogant and rude. If you had just written the above without the smarmy tone then maybe a certain few of us wouldn't have taken offence. I for one did not know there was no physical shutter. Not all of us are that into our phones that we know the exact ins and outs of it.

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 and hardcastle like this.
    02-24-14 04:24 PM
    I feel your pain OP. On another thread. Some people are positive that if a track pad is added to a Q10 type phone the screen has to be made smaller. I don't understand their logic that the phone has to be the exact same size and not lengthened a 1/4 ". But that's another flame war.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-24-14 04:30 PM
    I think what some people might hear is the auto focus clicking.

I've heard it. It's not as loud as on legacy devices (my 9780 and 9810 were much louder), but I can hear it on my Q10 and Z10.

This is even when the phone is on Silent and doesn't make the camera sound. But you can hear a few clicks while the auto focus box zeroes in on the target.

Try it.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-24-14 06:51 PM
    Let's just be clear here when you write something like you did on my post about there being no physical shutter and then write "pmsl" after what you wrote (which wasn't helpful) that comes across in a condescending tone and basically made me sound like an *****. So I don't know as much as you, so what? That's why I said there was no need to be arrogant and rude. If you had just written the above without the smarmy tone then maybe a certain few of us wouldn't have taken offence. I for one did not know there was no physical shutter. Not all of us are that into our phones that we know the exact ins and outs of it.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the "pmsl" was not meant to convey that sentiment, I know that what we write on forums sometimes gets translated wrongly which is a shame, it was certainly not meant to ridicule any one, I guess maybe I should of not used it, just pressed "post" without giving it much thought. But honestly, it was not meant to be offensive to any one.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:10 PM
    Are you kidding me, people really thought there was an actual shutter inside that tiny space. wow where are they from, 1932 or something? This made me laugh so hard that the two foot snow drift on top of my house fell off!!
    Glow123 and der_mit like this.
    02-24-14 08:38 PM
    Are you kidding me, people really thought there was an actual shutter inside that tiny space. wow where are they from, 1932 or something? This made me laugh so hard that the two foot snow drift on top of my house fell off!!
    My god! Are you ok?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    thatplaybookguy and niss63 like this.
    02-25-14 12:18 AM
37 12