Running latest leak and today my memory was a round 500 MB with only Hub++ open? I rebooted waited for 15 min and now my memory is 1000MB and I think that is normal?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 10:33 AM
    Yes, no improvement at all

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:12 AM
    And what makes you think it's leaks and not cached data etc?
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-13 11:17 AM
    And what makes you think it's leaks and not cached data etc?
    Data from what? If that will be the case then BlackBerry has a lot of work to do? I don't brows, sometimes watch a YouTube using crackberry a lot and use Facebook and WhatsApp, my mails I always delete. I have read somewhere that when you close a app you have to long press it to make it close for real otherwise it still keeps running?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:24 AM
    Just cached data from everything you do. I don't know about the closing thing since I don't own one yet. I have read that in more modern systems things are cached and released when needed.
    05-12-13 11:46 AM
    Which memory? Storage or Free? Free memory fluctuates constantly.
    05-12-13 11:58 AM
    Which memory? Storage or Free? Free memory fluctuates constantly.
    Free memory, that it fluctuates i understand but that much ?when i have nothing open but HUB++ ? since i restarted the phone i have again 1.1GB free ram going to follow this and see what it does
    05-12-13 12:11 PM
    I would imagine a lot depends on how you use your phone, which apps are used, and which are left open. I dont believe it would cause any issues, as the OS is built to deal with it, apparently lol. I dont let it bother me.
    05-12-13 12:16 PM
    I would imagine a lot depends on how you use your phone, which apps are used, and which are left open. I dont believe it would cause any issues, as the OS is built to deal with it, apparently lol. I dont let it bother me.
    Well i noticed it because it was not so fluid anymore thats why i checked the ammount of ram that was left and it said 500MB but we will see how it go
    05-12-13 12:28 PM
    Well i noticed it because it was not so fluid anymore thats why i checked the ammount of ram that was left and it said 500MB but we will see how it go
    Maybe it's Hub++?
    05-12-13 12:46 PM
    Maybe it's Hub++?
    Could be but then other people should have it also?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:52 PM
    I had my Z10 running for over a month without rebooting and free memory fluctuates a lot. But memory management seems to be really good cause even with 200 MB, you can open the browser and open countless of tabs and it won't slow down.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:01 PM
    I had my Z10 running for over a month without rebooting and free memory fluctuates a lot. But memory management seems to be really good cause even with 200 MB, you can open the browser and open countless of tabs and it won't slow down.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds good but the OP said theirs was slowing down.

I wonder how long did it seem slower? Was it syncing at the time?
    05-12-13 01:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    That I understand but where is all the ram if everything is closed? Like I said I only have one thing in active frame, the rest I always close

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:06 PM
    That I understand but where is all the ram if everything is closed? Like I said I only have one thing in active frame, the rest I always close

Posted via CB10
    My theory is yeah... there might be some process hanging out there (memory leaks). but the OS seems to efficiently get them back pretty quickly when needed.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:10 PM
    There are no memory leaks with BB10. BB10 utilizes RAM in a completely different way then legacy BBOS. If you close apps then you free up RAM.
    05-12-13 01:14 PM
    I'd like to know a lot more before believing it fully. This is a subject that can become a huge advantage for BB10. But I need to read thousands more words. Well written words. By knowledgeable people. Then after I believe it fully, I can evangelize it. Many others probably have the same need to know more.
    05-12-13 01:21 PM
    I'd like to know a lot more before believing it fully. This is a subject that can become a huge advantage for BB10. But I need to read thousands more words. Well written words.
    Well, fist of all legacy BBOS uses RAM to store apps/games, where BB10 uses its 16gb of on-board memory to store apps/games. So right off the bat your RAM is at huge deficit because of that. Legacy clearly had an issue with memory management, though it got better with OS7.

With 8 apps open on my Z10 i can't get it below 400mb of RAM. If i close apps then the RAM increases. The HUB is always using RAM, as well as other background apps so that's why you're going to be under 1gig free RAM for the majority of time.

This isn't 1000's of words, but it's something.
    05-12-13 01:29 PM
    1.1 free memory? Really? I don't think I ever saw my Z10 with so much. It usually sits at 700. But heck, let me reboot and check...

EDIT: So yeah, right after the boot, it got 1.3gb free. Then 1.2gb (I didn't open anything). Logged into skype, down to 1.1gb. I wouldn't consider it a leak really. It's probably stuff running in the backgroung and cached data.

And since only 8 apps can run actively, why worry? It's not an issue now (and my 3 headless apps don't seem to take that much memory away either).
    05-12-13 01:30 PM
    That sounds good but the OP said theirs was slowing down.

I wonder how long did it seem slower? Was it syncing at the time?
    Nope it wasn't syncing at all it just felt laggy that's why I looked to my ram now my ram is 1gig btw just checked again only thing that's open is HUB++ the rest I close ( long press X from now on)

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:36 PM
    Nope it wasn't syncing at all it just felt laggy that's why I looked to my ram now my ram is 1gig btw just checked again only thing that's open is HUB++ the rest I close ( long press X from now on)

Posted via CB10
    Do keep in mind though that you probably already have the culprit...
    05-12-13 01:40 PM
    Do keep in mind though that you probably already have the culprit...
    You mean hub++?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:42 PM
    It uses garbage collection. If something asks for RAM, and it's not available, it will close the old items.

If it gets really low. It closes the Android run times etc.

If it doesn't impact performance don't worry about it too much. RIght now it kind of does whatever it needs to. An apo should crash if not enough RAM is available. It shouldn't slow down.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:43 PM
    After one day use I still have 1.1gig ram available. So it's not HUB++ but the way you exit programs, long press the X solved it then it really closes the app

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 12:50 AM