Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 06:36 PM
    That is, I created a folder in my media card and put a manual with about 10,000 PDF s on in. I can se them and open them in Windows. But when I try to view them with either the file manger or Adobe PDF reader, I can only view about 20 to 30 items. Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thankd

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 06:40 PM
    Just to provide some background - what OS? Which device model (country based)?

So you copied 10,000 separate pdf files to your sd card but only about 30 show up? Using the file manager or?? Any rhyme or reason for those 30 - size? name? complexity? Oh, where did you put them specifically? Under the Documents folder or did you create your own higher level folder? I have a pdf folder in the documents folder but I don't have anywhere near that number - maybe 30-40.
    01-09-14 11:58 PM
    I am using a USA based Z10 with OS 10.1.2039

I created a sub folder in the documents folder called manuals and put the Pdfs in that folder. There are different manuals so some are in one manuals folder (ie manual 1) while others are in other manual folders (ie manual 2, 3, etc) I think there are about 4 sub folders in all under the main document folder.

If I take the SD card out of my z10 and plug it into my Windows PC, I can view, open and even edit the Pdfs. But if I try to view them from my z10, then only the first screen of files shows up in either of two folders, while the third one shows all of them. But there are only a few hundred un that one.

I thought that maybe they were protected in some way, but then why would I gave been able to view them on a PC.

No idea what the problem is. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:23 PM
    Out of interest have you tried/could you try copying them a different folder and even moving them around the sub folders? Are the same files shown/hidden in different locations or are the same locations showing the same sorts of problems, etc.. Do you have a different SD card you can try also?

It's a funny problem this so your first task is to try and identify just where the issue lies through trial and error and elimination. Try to prove it is not the files, or not the folders or not the SD card, etc., etc..
    01-11-14 06:31 PM
    Out of interest have you tried/could you try copying them a different folder and even moving them around the sub folders? Are the same files shown/hidden in different locations or are the same locations showing the same sorts of problems, etc.. Do you have a different SD card you can try also?

It's a funny problem this so your first task is to try and identify just where the issue lies through trial and error and elimination. Try to prove it is not the files, or not the folders or not the SD card, etc., etc..
    I went to try to open the files like I did before just to make sure I'm still having the problem. I do but now it's a little different.

I still only see the first screen of files in the folders with over 1000 files using file manager. And the same thing happens when I try to open just a specific folder using Adobe reader. But if I just use adobe reader and allow reader to view all instead of trying to view just specific folders, then everything shows up. But this is really inconvenient as you could imagine trying scroll through 10000 files.

Something is going on with the file system when viewing just the specific folders. But at least I can get to the documents. It's crazy to have to keep flipping to scroll to the file I'm looking for though...

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:07 PM
    There was a really good pdf reader app for the Playbook but I am not aware of what is available for the z10/bb10 platform. I actually wrote that programmer but never heard back. The Adobe pdf app on the playbook was about the worst imaginable!
    01-11-14 08:53 PM
    There was a really good pdf reader app for the Playbook but I am not aware of what is available for the z10/bb10 platform. I actually wrote that programmer but never heard back. The Adobe pdf app on the playbook was about the worst imaginable!
    PlayePub Book Reader is fairly good.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-14 07:43 PM