In fixing both my wife's and my Z10 doubled numbers...I am unlinking SIM contact where there are no parentheses.

Local contacts have parentheses before and after area code which we both prefer.

Now even though it can be removed manually, painfully one at a a time..it's still extremely laborious. Anyone know of a method how to unlink all SIM contacts in one shot?

Sent via ? BlackBerry Z10 smartphone on Telus Network
    03-29-14 02:10 PM
    I'm not aware of a way to automatically disable linking. I'm not sure why the Contacts app isn't intelligent enough to not list the same phone number twice just because the formatting is different. Hopefully an update will resolve this.
    03-29-14 04:04 PM
    In fixing both my wife's and my Z10 doubled numbers...I am unlinking SIM contact where there are no parentheses.

Local contacts have parentheses before and after area code which we both prefer.

Now even though it can be removed manually, painfully one at a a time..it's still extremely laborious. Anyone know of a method how to unlink all SIM contacts in one shot?

Do you want to go so far as to delete all SIM contacts? If so, Contacts > Settings > Manage Sin Card Contacts (at very bottom) > Delete All.
    Otherwise, you could try turning them off, first. Contacts > Settings. Toggle off under "Show Account in Contact List".
    03-29-14 04:10 PM
    Do you want to go so far as to delete all SIM contacts? If so, Contacts > Settings > Manage Sin Card Contacts (at very bottom) > Delete All.
    Otherwise, you could try turning them off, first. Contacts > Settings. Toggle off under "Show Account in Contact List".
    Thanks Elessar!

Did delete all with SIM contacts and no more double numbers. Just local with parentheses before and after area codes.
    (***) ***-****
    Perfect! Thanks Again!

03-29-14 07:05 PM
    Thanks Elessar!

Did delete all with SIM contacts and no more double numbers. Just local with parentheses before and after area codes.
    (***) ***-****
    Perfect! Thanks Again!

Glad that worked for you. Cheers.
    03-29-14 07:18 PM
    I've deleted all sim card contacts in the past, only to have them come back shortly after. Things have a way of magically reappearing on my Z10
    03-29-14 07:22 PM
    As a Verizon user, we really did not use/need Sim cards although, their global phones (bb's) had them. Is there really any reason to have Contacts on the Sim card if you don't switch phones? I also have LINKS between my phone contacts and SIM contacts?
    03-29-14 07:28 PM
    I've deleted all sim card contacts in the past, only to have them come back shortly after. Things have a way of magically reappearing on my Z10
    Hopefully it won't come back. LOL

03-29-14 08:28 PM
    As a Verizon user, we really did not use/need Sim cards although, their global phones (bb's) had them. Is there really any reason to have Contacts on the Sim card if you don't switch phones? I also have LINKS between my phone contacts and SIM contacts?
    Being a Telus user since the late 80's...I've been used to CDMAone, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO: Release 0, Revision A, Revision B with Telus completely bypassing GSM and going directly to HSPA, HSPA+ onto LTE.

It was only when HSPA was implemented that I took storing contacts on the SIM seriously. My last BlackBerry CDMA / EVDO device was the Storm 2. When my hardware upgrade went to the Torch...that was my first foray into the world of sim cards after being sim card free back in the late 80's.

With that being said...having contacts stored on the sim is good to have if one day that device dies and you have to quickly place it in replacement device knowing that your contacts (telephone numbers) are still intact.

FF22 likes this.
    03-29-14 08:44 PM