Hello there

I am user of Z10 and 2 months before, i made a backup of my data and moved the file from the default folder.
    Now today when i tried to restore my backup file on z10, i couldnot do so. i have tried BB link, Sachesi and DBBT for restoring backup file but all went in vain. i am attaching the screen shot of message that appeared when i tried to restore back up from Sachesi.There is bug in my Backup file?!-untitled2.png
    03-13-21 03:00 AM
    Hello there

I am user of Z10 and 2 months before, i made a backup of my data and moved the file from the default folder.
    Now today when i tried to restore my backup file on z10, i couldnot do so. i have tried BB link, Sachesi and DBBT for restoring backup file but all went in vain. i am attaching the screen shot of message that appeared when i tried to restore back up from Sachesi.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	450485
    Do you still have the same BBID on the phone, if not you cannot restore a backup from a different ID.

This is probably not the problem.

The backup file may be corrupted in which case there is nothing you can do to restore it unfortunately.

Do you have another backup file you can try?

What Operating system are you you using on your PC/Mac?
    03-13-21 05:51 AM
    yes i have same BBID on the phone

Whats the reason of file becoming corrupted??

i am using windows 10

i have tried another file which worked perfectly
    03-13-21 05:54 AM
    yes i have same BBID on the phone

Whats the reason of file becoming corrupted??

i am using windows 10

i have tried another file which worked perfectly
    If you have tried another backup that worked then the file with the bug must be corrupt in my opinion.

Files can become corrupt for a number of reasons, if the hard drive it was on had a bad sector or the one you copied it to had a bad sector and wasn’t seen as bad by the file system then that could cause the problem.

Hard drives aren’t infallible which is why you should have any important data stored in at least 3 places with one of those backups in a separate location.

Is the file still in the old location as well as where you moved it to, if so you could try that copy?
    03-13-21 08:00 AM
    no i moved the from default location to new location..any solution do u have in order to recover suxh file??
    03-13-21 08:04 AM
    no i moved the from default location to new location..any solution do u have in order to recover suxh file??
    You could try looking in the recycle bin but I think you may be out of luck unfortunately.

The only other thing you could try is some file recovery software to scan for the file but I’m not familiar with any so can’t make any recommendations.
    03-13-21 09:07 AM
    I've used the trial version of this https://www.easeus.com/ppc/data-reco...ata%20win%2010 some time ago now but it worked fine for recovering pictures that I accidently deleted in a computer. Not sure if it would help but trying won't hurt. There are many other "trial" recovery software apps that you can search for also.
    03-13-21 10:19 AM
    dear i think i could not explain my question here. i asked how to repair my blackberry backup file which has been corrupted.
    03-13-21 10:40 AM
    dear i think i could not explain my question here. i asked how to repair my blackberry backup file which has been corrupted.
    You can't. It's lost.
    03-13-21 10:42 AM
    thanks
    03-13-21 10:48 AM
    BY DESIGN, if you have an encrypted file, and the file is altered in any way, it becomes corrupt, and can't be repaired. This is a safety feature for the data - to make sure someone can't hack into the file and extract your data. But, this also means that you shouldn't really count on such files to act as "back ups" of your data. All of your important data should be either cloud-synced (the easy way) or backed up (by hand or via some kind of automation) to an unencrypted, open format that you could either read directly or that you can import into other apps directly. You can keep this offline for security - an external drive, USB drive, or whatever - but you probably want to make sure you'll have access to individual files if you need to, and this is the only way.

Making a backup using Link (or the third-party alternatives, which all still use the same method) is good for allowing simple restores to the phone - but if your phone is lost, stolen, or just stops working, that encrypted backup isn't going to give you your data back, as it can only be restored to another BB10 phone.

Too many times, people haven't followed these best-practices, and have permanently lost data that was very important to them. Don't be one of those people. Remember: BB's security/encryption is designed to keep data OUT of the wrong hands - and if you forget your password, or if your backup file is corrupt, then by design, you're going to lose access to that data too. It's up to you to protect yourself, and to understand what Link will and won't do for you.
    03-14-21 05:25 PM
    If you actually used the "File" > "Move" command, as opposed to "File" > "Copy", then "Delete" the original file, then the actual file did not move from its physical sector location on the hard drive. Instead, the file system table of contents is updated to list the file in the new directory (or folder, as the kids call it these days). That's why there is no entry for the file in the Recycle Bin.

You could try to "Copy" the file to yet another location, which forces an actual sector read of the file contents. If there is a damaged sector, the copy process will see it and give you an error reading file message. It's possible that the OS file read process is robust enough to error-correct the problem spot, and the copy might be readable - that is if Link bypasses the standard file system read process - I really don't know if it does or not. If it copies with no error, and restore still doesn't like it, then it's something within the file itself.
    03-14-21 06:12 PM