It's now really starting to annoy me when I use my Z10. It was a bit painful at first but fast becoming the reason I keep reverting back to my Torch 9860.

As far as I am told the new Hub was supposed to be the center of the Universe as far as OS10 is concerned and ok if that's the way it is, fine. All the items are there in Hub that you need ie mail, notifications calls with the Hub being the controller and showing all of them.

When I receive a text, I open the sms program read and reply to the message. So far so good.

Later I want to open the hub and look at an email I received earlier and as I swipe to the right to open the Hub, I get the last damn text message that I replied to earlier. I now have to tap the screen to get rid of the keyboard, then hit the back button, then select the Hub and all this just to read an email! As its the only way to get at your emails as far as I know it's getting a bit like wading through mud to do a simple task.

Is there any way that the Hub can be made the default Centre of the Universe where it reacts to the latest notification, call, mail, text or anything else and then once you have responded to it, upon exiting the Hub screen the program reverts to the main setting of the Hub instead of remaining locked on its last action? It feels like the software routine has been halted at the end of the notification sequence and nobody has bothered to include the exit back to start process.

What a difference that simple issue would make.
    anon(4044683) and kbz1960 like this.
    03-10-13 09:11 AM
    Totally agree with you. Kinda make the hub useless if it doesn't get fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:19 AM
    Is there any way that the Hub can be made the default Centre of the Universe where it reacts to the latest notification, call, mail, text or anything else and then once you have responded to it, upon exiting the Hub screen the program reverts to the main setting of the Hub instead of remaining locked on its last action? It feels like the software routine has been halted at the end of the notification sequence and nobody has bothered to include the exit back to start process.

I too hope that the design team would make the change. Currently, I have to "exit" by swiping from left to right across the blue header on top OR press the Back button to get back to Hub. It is more reasonable to return users to Hub as it is when we swipe the screen from left to right because we DO want to return to Hub, and not the last visited page on Hub.
    03-10-13 09:21 AM
    yes, a bit annoying. after I am done with my text message I just go back to main Hub view before I close out text. 2 touches done. then when I get my next message I am where I should be. it would be nice as you suggest by default
    03-10-13 09:22 AM
    Yeah it is a minor issue for me. You do not have to minimize the keyboard to go back though just swipe back on the screen from left to right to and choose hub to return to the main hub view. Its nice that BBM is a seperate app that ties in but is still on its own. Not sure quite why they did this with text messages...would be nice if it worked the same as BBM. Currently I just access all my texts out of the hub and then swipe back to the main view before going back to what I'm doing so that when I get a new notification it is there.
    03-10-13 09:32 AM
    Well we can all look forward to the next update then I suppose?

Even I don't believe I just said that, typed that whatever. More brandy required!!!!!!

Well it is Mothers Day after all!
    03-10-13 09:38 AM
    Well we can all look forward to the next update then I suppose?

Even I don't believe I just said that, typed that whatever. More brandy required!!!!!!

Well it is Mothers Day after all!
    LOL...

I want whatever you're drinking...
    03-10-13 10:00 AM
    LOL...

I want whatever you're drinking...
    Cognac Frapin Cuvee 1888 and get your own.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-13 10:15 AM
    Yes, agreed. It is annoying at times.
    03-10-13 10:16 AM
    I do understand the desire to see the the default view for the hub straight off, as when I peek out of an application to see the notification I just received, instead of seeing the last text I sent my brother.

But in the new proposed paradigm, if I was to scroll down through my emails to review something, then I receive a phone call, after completing the call I would have to open the hub back scroll back to my email and open it again. Or what if I was composing an email and had to check my browser for some pertinent information, when I go back to the hub what would I see?

If they did "Fix" this I'm sure they're would instantly be a thread complaining about the hub being dump and not remembering what you were doing last.
    Maybe a compromise would be that the peek gesture, up and to the right, would show me the default view, and the left to right gesture from the home or app screen would show me where is was last.

I could deal with a compromise, but I would be pretty pissed if they wholesale changed the behavior, as I think it would be a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Rayysai and stego like this.
    03-10-13 10:54 AM
    I for one like the hub the way it is. Just like the previous post states if I'm checking an email from a few days or weeks ago and I go to my browser let's say and in that time I get a text if I go back tot he hub to finish my email I don't want it to revert to the new txt.

I find it much easier to just swipe from the bottom left to right and click on whichever category has the spark, then to have to go back to whatever it is I may have been doing.

It's only 2 presses away

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:16 AM
    I do understand the desire to see the the default view for the hub straight off, as when I peek out of an application to see the notification I just received, instead of seeing the last text I sent my brother.

But in the new proposed paradigm, if I was to scroll down through my emails to review something, then I receive a phone call, after completing the call I would have to open the hub back scroll back to my email and open it again. Or what if I was composing an email and had to check my browser for some pertinent information, when I go back to the hub what would I see?

If they did "Fix" this I'm sure they're would instantly be a thread complaining about the hub being dump and not remembering what you were doing last.
    Maybe a compromise would be that the peek gesture, up and to the right, would show me the default view, and the left to right gesture from the home or app screen would show me where is was last.

I could deal with a compromise, but I would be pretty pissed if they wholesale changed the behavior, as I think it would be a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like the best way for them to do it. Choice
    03-10-13 11:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well said. This is the reason why it's designed this way...supports true multitasking. I think it would be more of pain to have to go back to your Draft message every time u needed to bounce out for something.

Perhaps one compromise could be a setting allowing the user to set whether or not the hub defaults to main view or not. This way it could cater to both camps?

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-10-13 11:44 AM
    After using the Z10 for over a month, I've hidden the BBM and Text message icons. This way, I'm forced to use the hub in the way it was intended.
    Also, unless I'm in an ongoing conversation, I always leave the hub on the hub table of contents screen. This makes it way easier when I have to go back into the hub to see new messages. I also went into hub settings and turned off all notifications in the hub menu. Even though it separates them individually, I find it better not to fill the hub menu with all the different messages.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-10-13 at 11:55 AM.
    03-10-13 11:45 AM
    I always make sure before I leave the hub that I click on my email I use most so that when I swipe back its on my email no matter if a new phone call or notification or bbm, I am on my email so I can go from there.

You can do this for whatever u prefer to have.
    03-10-13 11:53 AM
    What if you just forget there is a text "App" and just peek? Then you use the hub, not the "Do it old Style" shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:06 PM
    I always make sure before I leave the hub that I click on my email I use most so that when I swipe back its on my email no matter if a new phone call or notification or bbm, I am on my email so I can go from there.

You can do this for whatever u prefer to have.
    So we are all finding ways to work around the Hub our own way. Imagine the coding in that for each individual user!

But in the new proposed paradigm
    Lots of big long words again. Get back to you when I've googled them.

I for one like the hub the way it is
    There is but one path through life, but each man must choose to walk the path his own way.

No idea where that came from!
    03-10-13 12:08 PM
    It is an annoying inconvenience and like others have said I try to make sure I go back to the main hub screen before leaving the hub.

However it would be nice if this was fixed so we didn't have to do this.
    Not a deal breaker but annoying none the less

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:20 PM
    I agree with the OP

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:23 PM
    It is an annoying inconvenience and like others have said I try to make sure I go back to the main hub screen before leaving the hub.

However it would be nice if this was fixed so we didn't have to do this.
    Not a deal breaker but annoying none the less

Posted via CB10
    If you do it for a few days, it just becomes second nature. Speaking for myself, there is no inconvenience at all. Also, I think if it did do this atomatcly, people would complain that it doesn't go right back to an ongoing conversation you may be in while playing around in other applications. That to me would be more annoying.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:26 PM
    I like it the way it is. Feels more organized, actually.
    03-10-13 12:32 PM
    Don't have a problem with it. I got used to pressing back to the main Hub before I move out of it very early on. Can't see why this is a big issue to some. Come on! It's only one press to get back to the main Hub before you leave it. Nothing complicated or cumbersome really. Just getting in to a habit of going back after reading your email, text, BBM or whatever!

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    03-10-13 12:40 PM
    If you do it for a few days, it just becomes second nature. Speaking for myself, there is no inconvenience at all. Also, I think if it did do this atomatcly, people would complain that it doesn't go right back to an ongoing conversation you may be in while playing around in other applications. That to me would be more annoying.

Posted via CB10
    As that may be the case, what they can do is just make it an option that when you leave the Hub, it resets itself or stays on the last used screen.

I'm in the boat though that it annoyed me... Especially since you had to get rid of the keyboard before being able to go back. I'm anxious to see what 10.1 brings... as well as how things will work with the Q10 and keyboard shortcuts which may limit use of the Hub (if you can just jump to stuff by hitting a key).
    03-10-13 12:44 PM
    Well, like I said before, if you were switching back and forth while having an ongoing text, BBM etc conversation, you would get really annoyed if it didn't leave you on that screen. I feel it was made that way for this reason. Makes sense when you think about it.
    When you are hiding the keyboard, just hit anywhere but the keyboard to get rid of it quickly. Faster than holding the space bar.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:00 PM
    It's now really starting to annoy me when I use my Z10. It was a bit painful at first but fast becoming the reason I keep reverting back to my Torch 9860.

As far as I am told the new Hub was supposed to be the center of the Universe as far as OS10 is concerned and ok if that's the way it is, fine. All the items are there in Hub that you need ie mail, notifications calls with the Hub being the controller and showing all of them.

When I receive a text, I open the sms program read and reply to the message. So far so good.

Later I want to open the hub and look at an email I received earlier and as I swipe to the right to open the Hub, I get the last damn text message that I replied to earlier. I now have to tap the screen to get rid of the keyboard, then hit the back button, then select the Hub and all this just to read an email! As its the only way to get at your emails as far as I know it's getting a bit like wading through mud to do a simple task.

Why are you going to the SMS icon, go straight to Hub, n fact forget about that icon completely.
    03-10-13 01:04 PM
33 12