The Attachment size when sending a picture message. Whether sms, mms or email. Pics always seem a bit blurry once the message is sent. Friends think it is the quality of my camera since they all have Iphones. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:13 PM
    Any suggestion?. Quality of pictures I send are not that clear

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:14 PM
    Good question. I was wondering the same after I sent a few picture messages today and noticed how much the quality was reduced.
    04-09-13 10:00 PM
    By email it should remain the same quality. By MMS, the quality is reduced to a specific resolution and that is carrier imposed. It's the same for all phones. I get MMS from iphone all the time and the pics are horrible. I would tell them to email them instead

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bobshine; 04-09-13 at 10:24 PM.
    04-09-13 10:03 PM
    By email it should remain the same quality. By MMS, the quality is reduced to a specific resolution and that is carrier imposed. It's the same for all phones. I get MMD from iphone all the time and the pics are horrible. I would tell them to email them instead

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I could have sworn my 9900 used to send better pictures via mms than my Z10.
    04-09-13 10:05 PM
    Thanks. I could have sworn my 9900 used to send better pictures via mms than my Z10.
    Pics looks worse on a larger screen lol

What I would love to have is an easier way to send pics on the cloud... instead of attachments they could be easily uploaded to something like Dropbox

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:26 PM
    The pics that come thru sent from friends Iphones are clearer in mms than the ones sent from my BlackBerry. Of course they use this as an opportunity to clown

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:28 PM
    Haha well I'm glad this is cleared up a little better. I would try my best to snap a clear shot of something so I could send it to a buddy and once it was sent, it looked like sh1t. But now I know lol
    04-09-13 10:43 PM
    The comment regarding this being a carrier imposed issue is wrong. I receive mms messages from people on the same carrier and the file size is consistently larger than what they receive from me. You can even try it by transferring the same image to someone else with an iPhone and ask them to send that same image to you via text/mms, you will realize that the file size will be much larger than what they received from you via mms. This is a combination issue with the carrier and blackberry. BlackBerry can and should adress this issue by decreasing the compression rate for mms. When tmobile for instance is allowing up to 1mb size, the fact that BlackBerry reduces them to 200kb is not the best solution.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:40 AM
    Is there any way to change attachment quality?-img_00000247.png

I noticed if I send a picture through text message, and I have the hspa+ / umts selected, my pictures that I send out are poor quality(even if wifi is on).

When I change it to the top setting, my pictures are better.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 02:12 PM