Hello! just got this Z10 a few days ago, so happy with this phone but I'd like to know if I can download a "Task Killer".

Why?
    Because sometimes the Camera fails to open (because low memory I think LOL), and I have to power off the phone and then powen on again to get the camera work again.

Z10 FW: 10.2.1.1259
    12-25-13 08:37 PM
    Settings, App Manager, Device Monitor, tap an app in any list, Close

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    JonaYNWA likes this.
    12-25-13 08:39 PM
    Settings, App Manager, Device Monitor, tap an app in any list, Close

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    Perfect! thank you so much!
    12-25-13 09:42 PM
    If you sideload android apps i'd recommend that you download an app called taskmanager. Its free and let's you close any apps running in the background when they aren't supposed to be.

Posted via CB10
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    12-25-13 10:04 PM
    If you sideload android apps i'd recommend that you download an app called taskmanager. Its free and let's you close any apps running in the background when they aren't supposed to be.

Posted via CB10
    That, and Cleanmaster.
    12-25-13 10:09 PM
    Ghost Commander, while Android, can be found in the appworld. It will allow you to kill tasks.
    12-26-13 12:25 AM
    I am running 10.2.1.1925. I downloaded Taskmanager and it shows Key Chain, MusicFX, Package Access Helper, and Pico TTS. I am going to assume these are part of the runtime and required to run for the phone to work smoothly. Can anyone shed some light on these? Are there any tips or anything that we should know about these apps or the taskmanager app in general?
    12-31-13 08:05 PM
    I am running 10.2.1.1925. I downloaded Taskmanager and it shows Key Chain, MusicFX, Package Access Helper, and Pico TTS. I am going to assume these are part of the runtime and required to run for the phone to work smoothly. Can anyone shed some light on these? Are there any tips or anything that we should know about these apps or the taskmanager app in general?
    Taskmanager shows only Android apps and services.
    12-31-13 09:23 PM
    You will notice those show up every time you install and delete an android app. I've killed those with no issues.

Taskmanager is your friend. Every time you install a new android app, check Taskmanager from time to time because some of those apps will stay loaded and reload (headless) when closed. The only solution is to either delete the app, or try and see if turning off notifications in android settings=>apps. Android settings can be found using Ghost Commander (select apps, find settings on the list and long hold=>manage).

Facebook is such an app which reloads headless. (creepy since it has access to your camera and mic). Delete that. Delete Google maps, delete delete delete until you find the ones you can live with.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    nappp likes this.
    12-31-13 10:49 PM
    Task manager in BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is what I was going to ask.
    01-01-14 09:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Task Manager is a to do app. Taskmanager in BlackBerry world is a task killer

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:40 AM
    That menu option originally suggested in this thread not showing in 10.0.1

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:57 AM
    That menu option originally suggested in this thread not showing in 10.0.1

Posted via CB10
    Hey Pastor Brad, go ahead and install 10.2.1.1925... it's almost like getting a new phone. Seriously. This is a good one. Insert usual leak disclaimers here but wow I cannot say enough good things about it. It's been out for about 2 weeks now and is running glitch-free for a lot of us. Make sure you do a full backup first of course!

You can install Snap to access all the free apps on the Google Play store. Just think of all those Android bible apps you could peruse...

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    01-01-14 01:41 PM
    Hey Pastor Brad, go ahead and install 10.2.1.1925... it's almost like getting a new phone. Seriously. This is a good one. Insert usual leak disclaimers here but wow I cannot say enough good things about it. It's been out for about 2 weeks now and is running glitch-free for a lot of us. Make sure you do a full backup first of course!

With 1925, you can install Snap to access all the free apps on the Google Play store. Just think of all those Android bible apps you could peruse...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 01:42 PM