I charged my phone using 9860's charger and found out my device turn off after a few hours.
    Switch on my device then to found out that it is in a really bad condition.
    My blue pixel on the left and red pixel on the right was dead. I can still turn on the device but the look of it is really bad.
    Do any apps can really what's wrong with my device? I'm afraid that if any of my other hardware got affected. Then the problem won't solve if I got my screen repaired.
    My phone got very sluggish even after security wipe. And heat up. Somebody please help me out.....

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 09:54 PM
    BlackBerry Virtual Expert

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:06 PM
    That will only check whether it pass the test or not. I mean a really detailed test.
    I don't know whether my ram or cpu or gpu is fine based on that test. Hope u can understand what I'm trying to say.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:46 PM
    Give it a chance to fully charge with the proper Z10 charger and see how it is behaving. The charger should not have messed it up.
    12-05-13 11:19 PM
    It does. As it did with my 9860. The screen will become over sensitive. And the phone will become hotter as it does with another charger.
    It has been 3 days since this problem occurred. I'm considering a repair but it costs me more than half of the price of a new z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:03 AM
    Well if you think it's a charger then use the proper one. Also 10.2 comes with device monitor that tells you what's using your resources. And 10.2.1.1055 (not sure if it's on 10.2.0) tells you what's using up your battery.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-06-13 01:07 AM
    Well if you think it's a charger then use the proper one. Also 10.2 comes with device monitor that tells you what's using your resources. And 10.2.1.1055 (not sure if it's on 10.2.0) tells you what's using up your battery.

Thank you. But the problem is my lcd is completely broken because of my charger. So I want to know if there is an apps that can tell me if there is anything wrong with my gpu or cpu or anything others. I'm afraid that if I send it for repair, after my lcd is back there would be another problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:08 PM
    Let's get some more detail. Your lcd is totally BLACK or off? no image? Can you hook it with usb to your computer and see the files on it? Can you take a screen shot and see if the device thinks there is an image? Press the Vol Up and the Vol Down buttons at the same time, you should hear a shutter or camera click sound. The picture should be in the Camera folder.
    12-08-13 11:08 PM
    Let's get some more detail. Your lcd is totally BLACK or off? no image? Can you hook it with usb to your computer and see the files on it? Can you take a screen shot and see if the device thinks there is an image? Press the Vol Up and the Vol Down buttons at the same time, you should hear a shutter or camera click sound. The picture should be in the Camera folder.
    I'm not sure a screen shot will record the defects in the LCD. A screen shot just stores the data used to be displayed. But I suppose if there is a bug in the system, it might be in the display data.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 12:39 AM
    My screen isn't all black. But it is half broken. I try to check the RGB pixel and found out that all the blue pixel on the half left screen was all gone. And and the red pixel on the half right was gone too. Green pixel is good. So I wonder if the charger makes my screen corrupted or does it affect my gpu. I don't know. That's why I'm asking if there is any apps that can show me if my gpu is all good so I can only repair the lcd.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:50 AM
    Is there any apps that can really check my hardware?-img_20131209_225229.jpg

This is taken with my HTC Desire C. Sorry no auto focus. Is it clear enough?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:58 AM
    So, you do not have a warranty? That does sound (and the photo shows) like a hardware fault.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    12-09-13 10:06 AM
    So, you do not have a warranty? That does sound (and the photo shows) like a hardware fault.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    I've done that. Including reload the os. Security wipe. All of that does nothing. So sad. I love my z10. Guess I have to save for a new z30. Or z50 maybe.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:19 AM
    I would do the screen shot and then send the image to a device without color issues. This is to make sure nothing weird is being rendered.

While there are all sorts of threads blaming phone problems on the charger, I am doubtful. Now I wouldn't rule out a power line glitch going through the charger.

The chargers are kind of dumb. They have DC on two wires and a resistor between the other pair. The resistor indicates the current capability of the charger.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:18 PM
    Thank you. But the problem is my lcd is completely broken because of my charger. So I want to know if there is an apps that can tell me if there is anything wrong with my gpu or cpu or anything others. I'm afraid that if I send it for repair, after my lcd is back there would be another problem.

Posted via CB10
    Hi BuuKarim88, I see you mention BVE but have you tried it.
    There is a hardware test where you run your finger across the entire and it detects dead pixels.
    It also allows you to send the report of its findings off BlackBerry, I don't think they remedy the problem form the app.
    If you have tried BVE then disregard.
    Good luck getting it taken care of.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:30 PM
    Hi BuuKarim88, I see you mention BVE but have you tried it.
    There is a hardware test where you run your finger across the entire and it detects dead pixels.
    It also allows you to send the report of its findings off BlackBerry, I don't think they remedy the problem form the app.
    If you have tried BVE then disregard.
    Good luck getting it taken care of.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, that's the first thing I tried. When I mentioned I checked RGB pixel, I means I was using BVE.
    But the problem is BVE cannot tell me whether my GPU is still fine or not. Is it in a good condition or not. So I wonder if there any apps that can do that. The apps that can test all of that, if you have any apps in your mind then I would be very appreciate to hear.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 06:53 PM
    Can you plug it into an hdmi tv/monitor? If the image is okay, then it is probably the screen and not a chip.
    12-09-13 10:05 PM
    Can you plug it into an hdmi tv/monitor? If the image is okay, then it is probably the screen and not a chip.
    This.

12-10-13 11:23 AM