All this talk of multi tasking and it seems I have to do several extra steps of sliding to get to text messaging then I can go back to active frames and jump between them. Am I doing something wrong? Verizon z10

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:10 PM
    There is no easy way, it is totally Hub dependent.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:16 PM
    It is built right into the Hub. To get there quickly, simply tap the text messages icon on your home screen and it will bring you right to your text messages in the Hub, regardless of what you were doing in there previously (requires the latest software, AFAIK). To get back to the Home screen, simply swipe up from the bottom bezel while in the Hub. Not sure what the "extra steps" are.

JB
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 01:30 PM
    yeah text and mail should have an active frame
    04-15-13 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the info I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I agree that email and text should go to a time frames. I guess what I mean by extra steps would be that when I send a text I can either go with a swipe up to get to the home screen, when this happens once I'm back at the home screen then I get a new incoming message I can peek but I'm in text so now it's a swipe or a tap on the back button just to get to the hub. Hope that doesn't sound confusing.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:13 PM
    Sorry time frames should be active frames above. All this sent from z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:19 PM
    I wrote the same type of thread the first day I received the Z10. Here are a few little tips that you can take or leave.

1. Hide your Text and BBM icons. (This forces you to use the Hub the way it was intended. Also makes it less confusing when many things happen all at once.)

2. When leaving the Hub, (Except if you're in an ongoing conversation) swipe back to leave it on the Hub Table of Contents list. (This makes it easier for you when you go back to peek or open messages later.)

Lastly, give the phone a good few weeks to figure things out. I remember getting a bit frustrated the first few days. It is all forgotten now. I can honestly say I wouldn't want a different way of doing things now. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 02:37 PM
    There is a text message icon on the home screen so you can jump directly to the text messages section in hub. In addition, there was a c rack berry article that highlighted the little known function that allows you to swipe once to get to the hub. Difficult to describe, but find that article it may help you.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:48 PM
    In addition, there was a c rack berry article that highlighted the little known function that allows you to swipe once to get to the hub. Difficult to describe, but find that article it may help you.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean making an upside-down letter "L" gesture starting from the bottom edge of the screen?

If that's what you meant, just use the description above, easiest way to explain it.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:01 PM
    If you left the hub in a text and a new notification comes in, just slide the back button to the right and it will show you the mini hub and you can go right to any notification.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:15 PM
    Yes. This is what I meant. Sliding left from the back button will expose the icon list of hub for quick access. I was busy and not thinking clearly in my above post.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:40 PM
    The hub would be pointless if this was the case. That would create the in and out of apps that bb10 was doing away with, with flow
    ibpluto likes this.
    04-15-13 03:58 PM
    Easy way to get to the hub without any gesture is by pressing on the icon further left of where your page numbers are on the main screen

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:05 PM
    Hmmm. I'm done texting, swipe up and it's "gone" like a frame (don't even have to close). Not like it needs to "run" in the BG, which is what the active frames are for. It's part of the Hub.
    04-15-13 05:06 PM
    Hey idk if anyone has noticed but you don't have to swipe up to leave the hub. you can simply swipe from right edge to center of screen or vise versa

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 05:35 PM
    Completely pointless. This is what the hub is for. The hub is one gesture away, regardless of where you are. I find the text app icon to be pointless. The BBM icon has value because you can access groups and lists and more easily modify your profile.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    04-15-13 05:52 PM