Just recently I have had a glitch in my text messages. When I send a text to the person its meant for they recieve it, but when they answer back it goes to a random number belonging to someone else in my contact list. I have deleted the list several times, did a factory reset and got a new Z10 and the problem persist. I cant over exaggerate the fact of the embarrassment or the danger of answering the text of someone that it did not originally come from. That could actually ruin lives. I was told by blackberry that its a software issue and that it would be resolved in 10.1, but Verizon is dragging its heels on pushing it out. Does anyone have a workaround or a solution for this mess. Its really troublesome and a serious problem.
    05-27-13 10:37 AM
    Have not. But there was a similar issue for a while for some Android users on T-Mo and it turned out to be a network issue. Not saying it's the same, but if this were a general OS glitch a LOT of people would be screaming.
    05-27-13 11:22 AM
    Yes. That happened to me as well. Just as you described it. It was very annoying. The message would come in under the wrong sender and when I responded it did not go back to the real sender but the mistaken one. That happened when I upgraded to 10.1. I had to delete all my text messages and all my contacts. I reloaded my accounts which reloaded my contacts and everything was fine after that. No other problems since even when I upgraded to the newest 10.1.
    P N likes this.
    05-27-13 11:36 AM
    Just recently I have had a glitch in my text messages. When I send a text to the person its meant for they recieve it, but when they answer back it goes to a random number belonging to someone else in my contact list. I have deleted the list several times, did a factory reset and got a new Z10 and the problem persist. I cant over exaggerate the fact of the embarrassment or the danger of answering the text of someone that it did not originally come from. That could actually ruin lives. I was told by blackberry that its a software issue and that it would be resolved in 10.1, but Verizon is dragging its heels on pushing it out. Does anyone have a workaround or a solution for this mess. Its really troublesome and a serious problem.
    Delete all previous text messages and the problem goes away. Start from scratch with texting and everything will work flawlessly.
    P N likes this.
    05-27-13 11:41 AM
    Something similar happened to my GF's father on his Android phone with Wind Mobile. He received a text message from a work colleague but when he replied to it by hitting the reply button, it was sent to his wife (my GF's mom) instead. More than likely this is a network issue. Or just goes to show that all OS's have this issue.
    05-27-13 11:41 AM
    You have to delete all your old text messages. I believe this was a common issue that was solved a ways back. I don't know why the z10 does this but hey the problem is easily solved as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:49 AM
    I just deleted all previous text messages without deleting my contacts and the problem has seemed to have subsided. Ive had 4-5 people send me text and all the info went to the corosponding person.I will continue to watch it over the next few days to see how it acts. Thanks so much
    05-27-13 03:04 PM
    Good to hear your problem was resolved! The same thing happened to mine a couple of weeks ago. I actually took it to Verizon first, thinking it was a hardware problem, but the issue was still there with the new device. Upgrading to the latest leak10.1 fixed It though.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:31 PM