OK here is the history.

Gave dad my z10.

He types and uses bbm mostly in english. He wanted to know if BlackBerry allows him to type in chinese too. I don't know.

Can we switch input between languages?

If so how?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:07 PM
    OK here is the history.

Gave dad my z10.

He types and uses bbm mostly in english. He wanted to know if BlackBerry allows him to type in chinese too. I don't know.

Can we switch input between languages?

If so how?

Posted via CB10
    Yes we can and there's 5 dialects to choose from in Chinese.

There's a button we press, looks like a globe
    11-25-13 07:14 PM
    Where is this globe button?

I'm trying to find it lol

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 07:30 PM
    Where is this globe button?

I'm trying to find it lol

Posted via CB10
    First you would need to enable the languages. Go to settings, languages and input, then input languages. Select the languages you need. Once you're in a text field at the bottom you'll see a globe icon. You can also hold down the comma button.
    11-25-13 07:50 PM
    Thanks! Figured it out thanks for the assist.

Question is once I no longer need the language I can uncheck it and it no longer is available.

But the phone does not show it unloading the language file like it showed loading language package when I first selected it.

Does that mean the language pack although unselected from the list still resides in the phones memory thus taking up space?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:29 PM
    Thanks! Figured it out thanks for the assist.

Question is once I no longer need the language I can uncheck it and it no longer is available.

But the phone does not show it unloading the language file like it showed loading language package when I first selected it.

Does that mean the language pack although unselected from the list still resides in the phones memory thus taking up space?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's built into the operating system. No need to worry though, BlackBerry 10 doesn't experience the same type of slow down that the legacy BlackBerry OS did
    11-26-13 07:07 AM
    I use two languages at a time. My Z does a perfect job at knowing what suggestions to give at the right time. So no need to turn it off. But yeah. You can.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    11-26-13 08:41 AM
    I use two languages at a time. My Z does a perfect job at knowing what suggestions to give at the right time. So no need to turn it off. But yeah. You can.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    I've got three enabled a neat trick I've read somewhere on the forums here is that if you're a Canadian US and UK English should be enabled. Since we spell certain words the same way as the US and some the same way as they do in the UK, both spellings can be used I without the BlackBerry saying you're spelling is off. Plus with 10.2.1.845+ we've got support for Japanese input so I've got that one enabled as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:27 PM