This Post is for Windows 8 users

I've been trying to figure this out so please feel free to correct or add to this thread.
    From what I've been reading apparently there are three ways to use your Z10 as a mobile access point to the internet.
    *** All methods use your data so make sure you have a good data plan *** (savvy tech guys chill just making sure people are aware)

1) Mobile Hotspot - Very Fast but kills your battery (also allows for multiple devices to be set up on the hotspot)
    2) Internet Tethering through Bluetooth- slower than mobile hotspot but better on the battery (one device)
    3) Internet Tethering with the USB cable- slower than the hotspot but the best on your battery (one device)

Steps for Mobile Hotspot
    1-From your Z10 go to system settings
    2- Network Connections
    3- Mobile hotspot and switch on
    4-click configure then enter a name for your hotspot
    5- create a password and set the time for inactivity and check the on switch if you want multiple devices on your hotspot to be able to communicate with each other for file sharing

6-Go to your wireless settings or where you would go to find the list of available networks ( I just clicked the signal strength Icon on the task bar)
    and find your hotspot and enter the password. Then watch your battery get baked as you surf the internet at high speed.

Steps for Bluetooth.
    1-From your Z10 go to system settings
    2- Network Connections
    3- Turn Bluetooth on and make sure the discoverable button is on
    4- Make sure your computer's blue tooth setting is also on ( I did this by swiping to the right of my touch pad on windows 8 which brings up the side options
    I then clicked on settings then clicked on the change pc settings on the bottom right corner.
    5- then go to the wireless area and turn Bluetooth on
    6 then go to control panel go to the hardware section, click on add devices and search for your Z10. When it finds your phone follow the instructions where you verify the pin on both your phone and the computer until it says your device has been paired.

7 repeat steps 1 and 2 and then go to Internet Tethering
    8- read the warnings that pop up or click on the learn more at the bottom if you care
    9- make sure it says connect with Bluetooth the switch it on.
    10- This was the tricky part for me. Go into your control panel on your pc and go to Network Internet section and click on view network status and devices
    *****11. click on the change adapter settings on the top left side of the screen.
    12 click on the Bluetooth network connection that says not connected
    13 then click on your phone and options will appear
    14 click on the connect using and then the drop down will say access point
    congrats all done.

Connecting with USB
    1- Plug your phone into a USB port then from your Z10 go to system settings
    2- Network Connections
    3-Make sure your blue tooth is off and Z10 is not paired with device
    4- go to tethering on the Z10( network connections)
    5- make sure it says connect with USB the switch it on.
    It should set up automatically but if it doesn't

Go into your control panel on your pc and go to Network Internet section and click on view network status and devices
    ****.6 click on the change adapter settings on the top left side of the screen.
    7 click on the Local Area 3 connection (Blackberry device and diagnose the problem) if it says enabled then it will work just load up the browser.

I hope this all helps
    Last edited by Anthony A; 02-07-13 at 04:10 AM.
    02-07-13 03:02 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Is this taking into account that the user doesn't need an additional data plan just for tethering?
    02-11-13 12:43 PM
    Mobile Hotspot and Bluetooth are perfectly fine. But I'm having trouble with USB connection. It says I'm connected and tether is on. But I couldn't find LAN3 connection from my network (adapter) settings.

I don't have blackberry desktop / blend / link installed on this laptop. Does it need the drivers / software for USB connection to work? Thanks a bunch.
    07-18-15 04:18 AM
    Mobile Hotspot and Bluetooth are perfectly fine. But I'm having trouble with USB connection. It says I'm connected and tether is on. But I couldn't find LAN3 connection from my network (adapter) settings.

I don't have blackberry desktop / blend / link installed on this laptop. Does it need the drivers / software for USB connection to work? Thanks a bunch.
    Yes, this method requires BB drivers

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 05:10 AM