Hi all,

I've had my Z10 for a while now, and recently upgraded my wireless router to the Linksys model N900. A rather expensive model. On my previous router I had no issues connecting the Z10 to wi-fi, but since I got this new Linksys, the Z10 is very slow connecting/may not connect at all. Weird enough too, it mostly just seems to occur with apps on the z10, less so on the internet browser (although it is still an issue). Mostly see it happening with Blaq twitter client, NYT, Globe and Mail, etc. Also, I'll get random notifications saying that there's limited wireless connectivity.

Other laptops on the network don't have any issue... web sites, streaming video, no problem. My wife has a z10 and hers has the same issue as well on the network.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to diagnose the problem? At this point it looks like something isn't agreeing between the router and the phone, but I have no idea where to begin or what settings to try adjusting.

Thanks for the help!
    08-27-13 06:08 PM
    Something is definitely isn't agreeing between the Z10 and the Linksys, just like most BB10 with D-link routers.

Make sure that the connection speed between the two is set to auto instead of forcing 54/150/300mbps or something. In my case, forcing my D-link to run wifi at 54mbps only made the speed really slow although it shows 54mbps on the properties.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:13 PM
    Hmmm... What security type are you using? I'm using WPA2-PSK with no problems but on a different router. Try a different security type? Also check the router MTU value and check that your Z is the same (Network settings/wifi/advanced). Most use MTU 1500.
    Ping your router from the Z, what do you get? I get between 11 and 13 ms which is expected.
    Try different cipher types (TKIP or AES).
    08-27-13 08:38 PM
    No issues at all for me with my linksys router. Not the same one as yours though.

Posted with my fabulous Z10
    08-27-13 08:41 PM
    Don't forget to clear cache and history
    This builds up over time

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    08-27-13 09:24 PM
    Is it dual band, if so I read a number of postings relating to dual band and the Z. I just have no reference point for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:02 PM
    I have the Linksys E2700 N600 router and have no issues, 25mb service and I get Speedtest of 18-23 mbps.

I use wpa2-psk and everything else is default settings, except login info of course.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:18 PM
    Just to note the E2700 model I'd a dual band model too and again no issues, even with my playbook.

Now as for my previous router a wpr-2310 D-Link I was having a lot of issues, browser freeze ups l, had to unplug power on it and modem several times a day to get connected again and could not use anything but WPA not WPA 2

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:21 PM
    I bet you have comcast?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:37 PM
    I bet you have comcast?

Posted via CB10
    Haha, I can't stand Comcast. My network went down 3 times last week (which I'll admit is very rare), but their tech support was less than helpful. They pretty much said, "oh yeah, look at that, it DID go down a few times." Haha. Worthless.

OP, check your connection that you're actually connecting on the N band. Odds are you're probably on G, which isn't as fast
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 08-27-13 at 11:12 PM.
    08-27-13 10:42 PM
    I had the same issue and discovered it was a problem with certain linksys routers and comcast. A setting change fixed it

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:44 PM
    Your router is a 3x3 memo dual band. DO you have both bands enabled? Have you tried switching channels? How do your other devices perform wirelessly through it?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:06 PM
    I am in Canada on Shaw Internet.

As for Comcast i use to work for a place here in Canada hat dealt with Comcast Internet and tv customers and i tell ya Comcast suks and not only that they Have horrible tech guys.

Coming To You VIA iPhone 4 using CB App.
    08-27-13 11:11 PM
    I had the same issue and discovered it was a problem with certain linksys routers and comcast. A setting change fixed it

Posted via CB10
    Is this setting a secret or what?

I'd like to know what the issue is too, as that's one of the routers I'm looking at getting.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:18 PM
    Also weird enough, I'll get limited wireless connectivity and app loading trouble even at time when I'm right beside the router and have 'full bars' showing on the wireless connection on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:51 AM
    I had the same problem with my Linksys EA3500. I had do disable dual-band and change my network mode to Wireless G-only network mode.

My internet connection is still slow, but at least its usable, compared to what it was before.

Here are my settings. Hope this helps.
    Attachment 157019
    08-28-13 09:31 PM
    Hmmm... What security type are you using? I'm using WPA2-PSK with no problems but on a different router. Try a different security type? Also check the router MTU value and check that your Z is the same (Network settings/wifi/advanced). Most use MTU 1500.
    Ping your router from the Z, what do you get? I get between 11 and 13 ms which is expected.
    Try different cipher types (TKIP or AES).
    Have you tried these suggestions OP????
    08-28-13 11:28 PM