After 30 years and close go $100,000 to TELUS and TELUS mobility I'm considering dropping them as well. Roger or Bell are looking pretty darn good right now even though in reality I doubt they are any better.

Mike

Ah Telus is worrying me a bit! I see how the Rogers customers get emails saying their device is on its way to the local store and whatnot, and all Telus has done is change the date on the site and sent me an email saying they took my money...

I sent them an email today also asking for more clarification on shipping dates. I know they said the 4th for shipping, and I figure it will probably just be a couple days to get to me, but I am not too crazy about them and lack of any explanation on their site doesn't help... I will post here if they say anything more than what we already know.
    02-02-13 05:12 PM
    I use to be a Rogers customer (and employee), I switched to TELUS just because they have better reception in the area I moved to. But I do notice they don't have those added touches in service that Rogers had (customer support mainly), also their phone selection seems to be lacking... Was going to switch to Bell for the Z10, but I know tenure counts in the cell phone world and I don't want to start over again...

I am not sure where TELUS ranks among the big carriers 3 in Canada, but I'm guessing they are in 3rd? I dont research these things much, its just how I feel
    02-02-13 06:23 PM
    By market cap:
    1. BCE (Bell)
    2. Rogers
    3. Telus

Rogers and Telus are very close to each other (about $1B difference). BCE is way way way ahead, think $12-14B.
    Gonzo_02 likes this.
    02-02-13 07:05 PM
    By market cap:
    1. BCE (Bell)
    2. Rogers
    3. Telus

Rogers and Telus are very close to each other (about $1B difference). BCE is way way way ahead, think $12-14B.
    Are those stats based on overall revenue or strictly wireless?
    02-02-13 07:14 PM
    Two things that I may add to this conversation

1) I went to a Telus store here in Red Deer to pre-order the Z10, the sales lady told me the Black Z10 will be available on Tuesday however, they don't do pre-orders as they were stuck with excessive inventory with iPhone 5 pre-orders.
    2) When in doubt with your cellphone provider there is always Best Buy and Future Shop which will have stock come February 5th.
    02-02-13 07:22 PM
    Thanks for the info guys... Always thought my feelings were right! Ha I guess that's why they are always telling me to get a iPhone when I go into my local store, and that's why I don't go in there anymore (they really seem to like to push it). I guess I should have skipped the pre-order and went to Best Buy or Future Shop, but if its just a few extra days or a week to wait its not so bad.
    02-02-13 07:59 PM
    Are those stats based on overall revenue or strictly wireless?
    Everything, entire business.

1. BCE: $34.51B
    2. Rogers: $23.89B
    3. Telus: $22.01B
    02-02-13 08:50 PM
    Two things that I may add to this conversation

1) I went to a Telus store here in Red Deer to pre-order the Z10, the sales lady told me the Black Z10 will be available on Tuesday however, they don't do pre-orders as they were stuck with excessive inventory with iPhone 5 pre-orders.
    I was in Red Deer today too. Saw a demo Z10 in Costco and played with it a bit. Silly me didn't ask if they were selling them today.
    2) When in doubt with your cellphone provider there is always Best Buy and Future Shop which will have stock come February 5th.
    Bought my last BB in Best Buy -- still a Telus subscriber.

Still haven't had a response to my email back to the Webstore. I'm guessing my order's going to be held up and I'm not going to be happy.
    02-02-13 09:10 PM
    Honestly, I always but at FutureShop... Not because that have a clue what is going on but because I do and I just want to buy the phone and leave. I find going to an actual Telus store frustrating so I forgo that hassle. I do think that Telus has great customer service. I have not had any issues with them. I was with Bell before and they could be frustrating especially when as the customer you know what you want and they try to change your mind. I have only heard bad about Rogers but no personal experience with them.
    02-02-13 10:26 PM
    It was originally the 5th, it was most likely changed due to an overwhelming amount of pre-orders.
    Bell is doing the exact same thing.
    02-02-13 10:27 PM
    Everything, entire business.

1. BCE: $34.51B
    2. Rogers: $23.89B
    3. Telus: $22.01B
    shame Bell still does satellite television...
    02-03-13 02:47 AM
    Anyone with TELUS get a notification yet about shipping? Nothing here yet on the Atlantic coast...
    02-04-13 10:59 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath for anything official from TELUS. I went into the TELUS Connect sore and several other providers stores in the Calgary South Centre Mall yesterday to look at the phones and to discuss plans and availability, and I learned 2 very important things.
    1. The phone is amazing, keyboard is by far the best I have used on any touchscreen phone.
    2. All cell providers are COMPLETLY CLUELESS. TELUS was the only store that didn't even have demo phones in yet and they still believed they phones were available on the 5th, but the white wasn't available until APRIL!!!!. When discussing cell plans and BIS not being required anymore for BB10 phones, all any of them would repeat was "data is still compressed" so there shouldn't be much increase in data usage.

Crackberry is still going to be all of our number 1 source of information I think. I'll never expect to get any useful information from providers stores.

Mike
    02-04-13 11:07 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath for anything official from TELUS. I went into the TELUS Connect sore and several other providers stores in the Calgary South Centre Mall yesterday to look at the phones and to discuss plans and availability, and I learned 2 very important things.
    1. The phone is amazing, keyboard is by far the best I have used on any touchscreen phone.
    2. All cell providers are COMPLETLY CLUELESS. TELUS was the only store that didn't even have demo phones in yet and they still believed they phones were available on the 5th, but the white wasn't available until APRIL!!!!. When discussing cell plans and BIS not being required anymore for BB10 phones, all any of them would repeat was "data is still compressed" so there shouldn't be much increase in data usage.

Crackberry is still going to be all of our number 1 source of information I think. I'll never expect to get any useful information from providers stores.

Mike
    The reps at the stores are clueless unless they are techsavvy phone people like us!. The normal reps will say things that are no correct & wrong. Once you try to say they are wrong, they either snap on you or tell you that they know better then us. I got one rep almost fired for this with Rogers already.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-04-13 11:09 AM
    Anyone with TELUS get a notification yet about shipping? Nothing here yet on the Atlantic coast...
    Didn't get a confirmation yet, but when I emailed Telus web orders earlier this morning, they replied it'll be shipped later today. I had ordered on the 30th.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 11:47 AM
    Didn't get a confirmation yet, but when I emailed Telus web orders earlier this morning, they replied it'll be shipped later today. I had ordered on the 30th.

Hopefully it ships tonight & goes to the store tomorrow morning / afternoon!
    02-04-13 11:48 AM
    From my brief experience visiting stores in my area, Telus seems to be the slowest off the mark. They were slow with pre-orders, they let you register for more info. Which I did and have not heard a thing from them since. They did have a dummy model in the Telus store but availability seemed to be not till the 9th. I put that down to being in a rural area where there will probably not be a lot of sales compared with the bigger cities. Bell had the brochure and a confident response to availability. Telus rep looked like a deer in the headlights as far as BB10 was concerned. I forgot to ask any reps if they had any actual training on them. Although when I was at the Telus store, someone asked when the Q would be available. The rep looked to me and said April? As if I was supposed to know or something! Not actually confidence inspiring that is for sure!! I do think that carriers are trying to figure out what to do with excess iphone 5 inventories as things seemed to have slowed down a lot for iphone sales. People seem to be looking for something new or different. just anecdotal mind you, nothing scientific or concrete.
    02-04-13 12:09 PM

Nice! The web order guys still didn't reply to my email, but that sounds good enough for me. Hopefully we do get them in the next day or two!
    02-04-13 12:13 PM
    can you guys send me the web order store email address? I would like to check the status of mine, thanks!
    02-04-13 12:22 PM
    fyi from twitter @TELUSsupport

TELUS Support ‏@TELUSsupport

If you ordered before February 1st 3PM EST, our target delivery date is tomorrow and February 12 target date if you ordered after.
    Gonzo_02, tmyrden and robkd like this.
    02-04-13 12:32 PM
    can you guys send me the web order store email address? I would like to check the status of mine, thanks!
    Just went to look for you, I think I only used 'contact us' while I was logged into my account, maybe that's why I never got a response. But I found this [email protected]
    racecar5150 likes this.
    02-04-13 12:54 PM
    Could be their stock for the February 5th shipment is now depleted..... Next shipment Feb 12th?
    02-04-13 01:23 PM
    [QUOTE=BlackBerry Guy;7932874]Didn't get a confirmation yet, but when I emailed Telus web orders earlier this morning, they replied it'll be shipped later today. I had ordered on the 30th.

i pre-ordered last night when it was still saying the black would be sent on the 4th, hope this is the case
    02-04-13 01:31 PM
    It looks like the Z10 is in demand. Very good!
    meganVee likes this.
    02-04-13 01:35 PM

Mike
    Mike,

It looks like you're from Calgary. I'm in Calgary as well and it sounds like you've seen and used one. Did you do that here in town at a store? I'd like to get my hands on a Z10 to play with it. Where can I do that? I'd like to do that today if possible.
    02-04-13 01:46 PM
153 12345 ...