Just happened to be running through App World and it showed up as recently viewed and it is now available for download!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:31 PM
    Can you add a link?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:58 PM
    Damn it! We still don't have any bank apps to use NFC with here in the US.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 09:12 PM
    Check out CIBC Mobile Payment? App in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18559189

Posted via CB10
    mtitiz34 likes this.
    04-07-14 10:25 PM
    Silly question but how will I know my sim card is NFC activated? will it say it on the sim card itself?
    04-07-14 11:10 PM
    Yes it should say so on the sim, you will likely have to purchase a new sim to use this service. $15 last I checked.

Posted via CB10
    nuff_said likes this.
    04-07-14 11:16 PM
    Sad, only available for Rogers customers? It's a good start, but should be available to all banks, all networks and all devices for people to make it a regular go to. Everyone seems to be stuck on the fence with NFC, thus it hasn't taken off as fast as anticipated. Hopefully seeing CIBC, RBC and Tim Hortons do it will be the start of something big and get companies moving!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    04-08-14 12:01 AM
    Telus NFC comes to Z10 with CIBC!-img_20140408_005303.png

04-08-14 12:07 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140408_005303.png 
Views:	1263 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	261474

Updated description on the web version of App World:

CIBC Mobile Payment™ App A new, fast and safe way to pay with your CIBC credit card using your BlackBerry� - Now on TELUS and Rogers. Download and register the CIBC Mobile Payment App by April 30, 2014, and receive a $25 credit. For complete details, visit cibc.com/mobilepayment. Whether you're grabbing coffee, buying movie tickets or picking up groceries, there's no need to fumble for cash. Now you can use the CIBC Mobile Payment App on an eligible BlackBerry�. Rest assured, the CIBC Mobile Payment App has multiple layers of security protection, making it just as secure as using your CIBC credit card. To use the CIBC Mobile Payment App, you'll need:  A data plan with TELUS or Rogers  A Rogers BlackBerry Z10, Q10, or Bold 9900; or a TELUS BlackBerry Z10 or Q10. Please ensure you have made all phone software updates prior to downloading the App.  An activated TELUS NFC or Rogers suretap SIM card. A new SIM card may be required o Telus wireless clients can get the NFC SIM by visiting a Telus store or ordering the SIM online http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/acce...ntnfcsim.shtml o Rogers wireless clients can get the suretap SIM by visiting a Rogers store, calling 1-888-ROGERS1 or ordering the SIM online http://www.rogers.com/web/content/sim-cart  An eligible CIBC credit card
    04-08-14 12:50 AM
    It's available for Rogers and Telus customers so it's a start in the right direction for cross carrier availability.
    04-08-14 01:23 AM
    Okay, how does it work? I mean does the user have to actively do something to initiate a payment? Or could someone with a "reader/whatever" pass by your phone or pocketed phone and get a payment?
    04-08-14 08:42 AM
    No Z30. Wonder why

Posted via CB10
    mtitiz34 likes this.
    04-08-14 09:22 AM
    Okay, how does it work? I mean does the user have to actively do something to initiate a payment? Or could someone with a "reader/whatever" pass by your phone or pocketed phone and get a payment?
    There are settings for the NFC in the Network and Connections section. When you enable NFC options will be made available.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-14 03:59 PM
    I don't think it's using the phones nfc but the sims.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 11:18 PM
    Judging by the BlackBerry World screen shots you have to enter a pin, then you have 30 seconds to pay.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-09-14 02:43 AM
    Sad, only available for Rogers customers? It's a good start, but should be available to all banks, all networks and all devices for people to make it a regular go to. Everyone seems to be stuck on the fence with NFC, thus it hasn't taken off as fast as anticipated. Hopefully seeing CIBC, RBC and Tim Hortons do it will be the start of something big and get companies moving!

I emailed President's Choice Financial (CIBC affiliate) asking them about availability. Their reply was " we monitor customer feedback to assess whether to implement these technologies".
    So.. email your bank!!!
    04-09-14 08:00 AM
    For starters, that person would have to make Phsical contact with your phone to initiate nfc reading.
    Also, the app would have to be open on your phone already.
    Eg. If I use nfc to pay at Tim Horton's. I have to open the app, select the Tim card section, tap pay now, then tap the phone to the terminal.
    I would think that a banking version would have more security than a Tim card.
    04-09-14 08:43 AM
    For starters, that person would have to make Phsical contact with your phone to initiate nfc reading.
    Also, the app would have to be open on your phone already.
    Eg. If I use nfc to pay at Tim Horton's. I have to open the app, select the Tim card section, tap pay now, then tap the phone to the terminal.
    I would think that a banking version would have more security than a Tim card.
    That's what having an NFC capable SIM card is about. It doesn't have NFC capability built in, but has the extra security protocols.
    04-09-14 10:22 AM
    Come on RBC!!
    04-09-14 03:51 PM
    Telus NFC comes to Z10 with CIBC!-img_20140409_181839.png

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:18 PM
    So the rundown is as follows.
    Goto Telus for an NFC enabled SIM $15
    Enable new SIM ($35 in store, or FREE at home with your online account)
    Download and Install CIBC Mobile Payment App.
    Open app, agree to legal, then use Call Now button to call CIBC.
    Register your Credit Card and Phone Number with Agent.
    Enable NFC on phone, disable Wifi, and wait for Information Download to be received by App.
    Make Payments!

App PIN is OPTIONAL, it adds an extra layer of security. NFC can only be read for 30 seconds when prompted to in the app. Other options available for when to use NFC.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:34 PM
    Forgot to Mention, CIBC is offering a $25 credit to your credit card if you register by April 30th... soooo... you're making $9 on this upgrade (depending on taxes to new SIM card)

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:36 PM
    As an update.. still waiting for the download notification from CIBC to activate the app. In reading reviews it can take up to 24hrs to get the notification.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 07:13 PM
    I emailed President's Choice Financial (CIBC affiliate) asking them about availability. Their reply was " we monitor customer feedback to assess whether to implement these technologies".
    So.. email your bank!!!
    PCF would be the last to ever get this (IMO). You still cannot have your monthly bill paid automatically from your chequing account with them (the ONLY credit card that I'm aware of that doesn't... I have like 7 cards across MC/Visa/Amex). I have a hate-on for them due to this lack of critical feature.
    04-09-14 08:16 PM
    I will probably initiate this shortly - app looks for the SIM card so not quite there yet.

One thing I dislike about NFC (esp w/ Tim Card) is that I have to disable it again manually. After transaction, it should turn off to save battery if nothing else. Thanks to quick settings and moving the NFC category to main screen, not as bad as it used to be.

Blackberry rockin!
    05-30-14 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD