Sorry to hear that Erinn! =(
    Make sure to close the purse, pockets etc. while walking and only pull out the phone when you pause for a moment. Accidents like these always happen when we least expect it T_T

Good thing you bought warranty though. Did you have a screen protector on?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 11:22 PM
    Sorry to hear that Erinn! Hope you get your new one quick...and get some protection on it!
    07-13-13 11:23 PM
    Well at least you don't have to pay full retail price so that's good. What are you using until you can replace it?

Posted via CB10
    Still using it! Lol I can still text and bbm, but I cannot click the send email button since it's the upper right corner and that part of the phone doesn't work. Also the letters O, P, and L don't work. So it is tolerable until Tuesday when I get my new Z10. They are overnighting it Monday.
    07-14-13 09:57 AM
    Sorry to hear that Erinn! =(
    Make sure to close the purse, pockets etc. while walking and only pull out the phone when you pause for a moment. Accidents like these always happen when we least expect it T_T

Good thing you bought warranty though. Did you have a screen protector on?

Posted via CB10
    Always have my warranties. Lol

Yeah usually I get out of the car holding it. I tell ya, the thing is glued to my hand all the time which is why I have dropped it so much. This time I actually put it in the shopping cart while trying to get my daughter in the cart, it was raining, so it fell right through it in the parking lot and smash. I didn't think it would be bad but I looked at the screen and was like,
    07-14-13 10:00 AM
    Always have my warranties. Lol

Yeah usually I get out of the car holding it. I tell ya, the thing is glued to my hand all the time which is why I have dropped it so much. This time I actually put it in the shopping cart while trying to get my daughter in the cart, it was raining, so it fell right through it in the parking lot and smash. I didn't think it would be bad but I looked at the screen and was like,
    Mine got ran over last weekend... results of a great 21st. Someone picked it up and I tracked it and found it thru BlackBerry Protect. Took it to best buy and waited four days for a replacement lol. I was so sad. Glad you got protection for it though

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:07 AM
    Mine got ran over last weekend... results of a great 21st. Someone picked it up and I tracked it and found it thru BlackBerry Protect. Took it to best buy and waited four days for a replacement lol. I was so sad. Glad you got protection for it though

Posted via CB10
    It was the alcohol's fault, wasn't it?
    07-14-13 10:10 AM
    The waiting is worse than the 200 bucks you have to pay for getting it fixed or getting a new one sent to you. St least that's how it would be for me lol can't go a day without my Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:12 AM
    Still using it! Lol I can still text and bbm, but I cannot click the send email button since it's the upper right corner and that part of the phone doesn't work. Also the letters O, P, and L don't work. So it is tolerable until Tuesday when I get my new Z10. They are overnighting it Monday.
    Wow I thought if the screen cracked it was over basically, that's somewhat good to hear just be sure to use protection next time lol

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    07-14-13 10:27 AM
    This time wrap it nicely, lol! And get a square trade warranty. They are the best in the business!! They run coupon specials all the time for 30% off.

Posted via my AT&T Z10
    07-14-13 10:51 AM
    Awesome! Do you have any suggestions?
    I love it!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    07-14-13 11:04 AM
    Sorry about the accident, Erinn...... I loved using my Z10 naked until it hit the ground one day at the carwash. It survived without a scratch, but I freaked out. Now, it's either in the BB leather holster or the iskin I bought. Best of luck!
    07-14-13 11:05 AM
    There was a post a while back about how great it is to be screen protector and case free. I was very close to doing it (because I agree) and then I dropped it on the side walk with the case on. It bounced twice and landed screen down. Not a scratch. So I took that as a sign. Case it is!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:20 AM
    My deductible is 100.00

Posts via Z10
    I don't think so... You should call your insurance company, which, if you are in the US I'm pretty sure is Asurion. If it is, your deductible is $200.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:37 AM
    Wow I thought if the screen cracked it was over basically, that's somewhat good to hear just be sure to use protection next time lol

Posted via CB10
    I heard that too but I got lucky. Ha

07-14-13 11:51 AM
    Gyah, I've been keeping my phone naked (plus red skin from dbrand, and invisible shield for the screen), but after reading this I think I'm going to put it back in the Transform shell.

That's the problem with finally having a phone that I like the look of... Had a Seidio Active case on my last two phones (maroon on the NS and red on the GNex). Just seems a shame to cover this one up, though the dented corners (3/4 of em) speak for themselves.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    07-14-13 12:10 PM
    And for $200 you could replace the screen yourself, if you were comfortable opening the phone up, and voiding the remaining warranty...

=/

07-14-13 12:11 PM
    My brother was looking at screens on eBay and most were around hundred. I might as well get a new one. Lol I backed up everything yesterday.

07-14-13 12:23 PM
    And for $200 you could replace the screen yourself, if you were comfortable opening the phone up, and voiding the remaining warranty...

=/

First timers stand a good chance of damaging something else doing this. IMO.
    07-14-13 12:32 PM
    Have to be careful with eBay screens. I got one cause it was cheaper than some of the more reputable parts suppliers, and it's got at least half a dozen dead pixels on the upper left side.

07-14-13 12:33 PM
    just get a screen protector you don't need a full case for face down drops.. the plastic bezel can take a beating and the phone feels too good to put a case on it
    07-14-13 01:05 PM
    Sorry to hear about that. I better make sure I don't drop mine! I've been doing good protecting it.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:48 PM
    I don't think so... You should call your insurance company, which, if you are in the US I'm pretty sure is Asurion. If it is, your deductible is $200.

Posted via CB10
    Asurion deductibles (at least through Verizon) are currently $49 for basic phones, $99 for smart phones, and $169 for iPhones. The info can be found on phoneclaim.com/Verizon.

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4 Z10!
    07-14-13 02:01 PM
    I get tempted to let my Z10 run wild and free until I read one of these posts. Just as I believe in car seats and helmets for sports, I guess I'll stay with screen program and case.

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    angieberry10 likes this.
    07-14-13 05:21 PM
    Im glad it was somewhat usable so you didn't have to do the whole D T shake and cry

Z10
    07-14-13 05:27 PM
    I just ordered a clear case. Need something to show off my carbon fiber Dbrand skin.

Thanks for the motivation but still sucks what happened. Hope your replacement comes soon
    07-14-13 05:50 PM
103 1234 ...