Hi,

With my previous blackberry i was able to turn off TCP/APN access - so that all data was routed through Blackberry APN and there were no charges for data even whilst roaming (i have the unlimited email add on).

I have the new Q10 - and was wondering if this work-around is still possible? I have found the APN setting in Network Connections > Mobile Network > setting - however it does not seem to allow me to un-checkthe "APN settings enabled" box as did my previous BB (9780).

I do a ton of international travel - so if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

thanks!

AJ
    06-24-13 12:29 PM
    Hi,

With my previous blackberry i was able to turn off TCP/APN access - so that all data was routed through Blackberry APN and there were no charges for data even whilst roaming (i have the unlimited email add on).

I have the new Q10 - and was wondering if this work-around is still possible? I have found the APN setting in Network Connections > Mobile Network > setting - however it does not seem to allow me to un-checkthe "APN settings enabled" box as did my previous BB (9780).

I do a ton of international travel - so if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

thanks!

AJ
    If you're trying to edit the APN settings and are not able to do so, then check out the link below. This has worked for many including myself (on a Z10)

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    06-24-13 12:32 PM
    Hi,

thanks for the link. i have been able to gt into the e-screen - however not able to see how to disable TCP/APN.

best,

AJ
    06-24-13 03:07 PM
    HELLO

I went to the T-MOBILE store three times and had no luck. ago After calling tech support to make sure that I indeed had internet service, it still didn't work for over 24 hours so I kept tweaking different settings.
    1st - you have to call tech support to make sure T-Mobile have you on the right data plan for the Z10.
    2nd - make sure you hit the reset for the APN so that is is fast.t-mobile.com; and
    3rd - set the network mode to 4G, 3G, & 2G.
    I tried all of them one at a time and this was the only one that connected my internet without wifi being on.

Let me know if this works for you......Good Luck!
    -quyetstorm
    12-26-13 02:10 PM