hello my fellow Z10 Crackberrians,

I have gone from the 9700, 9800 to currently my 9900 in the last 5 years or so and I have always been in love with the BlackBerry keyboard. my upgrade on AT&T is available on 6-1-13 and ofcourse they don't have a release date for the Q10 although rumor is mid June but I'm thinking this time around I try the all touch BlackBerry device. I have read the good and bad reviews and I have been playing with the Z10 at my local AT&T store since it's release I'm kind of really liking the bigger screen and the virtual keyboard is fun to use with the flicking of the words.

can't wait till tomorrow!!!
    beamolite likes this.
    05-31-13 11:54 AM
    Cool. I was in the same boat myself and was leery of the all-touch, but I'm sold! I type just as fast, if not faster, on the Z10 and the extra screen space is awesome. Just give it a chance. It's going to take a little time to master, but once you do it's all good.

That being said, I want a Q10 too!!!
    05-31-13 12:01 PM
    I was one of those who swore I'd never have anything but a physical kb too. Within about two days with the Z10 I wasn't missing my beloved 9900 at all. Hope you have the same good fortune with yours.
    05-31-13 12:04 PM
    It's not as fast as a pkb, but I have become comfortable using the z10 keyboard when I couldn't with other touchscreen versions.
    It's well worth the purchase unless you rely on your device to get through a lot of emails a day

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 12:04 PM
    It's not as fast as a pkb, but I have become comfortable using the z10 keyboard when I couldn't with other touchscreen versions.
    It's well worth the purchase unless you rely on your device to get through a lot of emails a day

Posted via CB10
    I do rely on my BlackBerry to get through what I consider a lot of emials (about 100 or so daily) so I'm hoping that the Virtual Keyboard will keep me satisfied.

I'm a heavy communicator (email and texts) so that is why I have always loved the BlackBerry keyboard.
    05-31-13 12:09 PM
    I loved my bold 9900 and was wary of moving to a z10. But it's brill I love it ,I like the idea of the q10 but am sticking with my z
    05-31-13 12:18 PM
    I do rely on my BlackBerry to get through what I consider a lot of emials (about 100 or so daily) so I'm hoping that the Virtual Keyboard will keep me satisfied.

I'm a heavy communicator (email and texts) so that is why I have always loved the BlackBerry keyboard.
    Dam that's a lot of emails in month, 3000+, your server must hate you by the end of the year!!!
    05-31-13 01:38 PM
    I was one of those who swore I'd never have anything but a physical kb too. Within about two days with the Z10 I wasn't missing my beloved 9900 at all. Hope you have the same good fortune with yours.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:07 PM
    I Have the z10 as my personal phone and torch for work. I had storm before and really could not type well on it at all. With the z10 I have got to the point where I have a harder time now on the torch keyboard! Still have yet to try a q10, but considering how well the Z is working out, I don't forsee changing any time soon

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:10 PM
    You're gonna love the Z10's keyboard. I had 13 full qwerty models before my Z10, and was kinda scared to use the all touch keyboard.

But I took the leap and am amazed by how great the keyboard really is. It's just the best. BlackBerry has taken all they know about physical keyboards and created the best on screen keyboard. I really can't say enough about how great it is. You're in for something cool.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:17 PM
    I was going to wait for the Q but couldn't wait any longer, so I got the Z, and I love it! I have no regrets whatsoever.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my portrait channel C0011B779
    05-31-13 02:29 PM
    Man... 100+ emails/texts daily are a lot... What about if you wait just a couple of weeks to have both in your hand, the Z a day the Q... Then try the Z for a couple of weeks and if you don't like it, return it since by that time you should have the Q available at ATT... i say this because your amount of use of the keyboard should be the main key in your decision
    05-31-13 02:51 PM
    I just got home from my local AT&T store and not only did I get my Z10 but they threw in the defender case series from Otterbox for free. now i'm home to BB Link and get set up....
    06-01-13 01:04 PM
    Woohoo! I'm all setup and ready to go . The last thing missing is my exchange email address to sync up with my new Z10 and life will be good to go. That should be setup on Monday. Love the swiping features on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-01-13 02:47 PM
    So almost a week in and I'm really thinking about returning the Z10 on the 14th which is the last day of the time frame that I can return it and still use the deposit money to pre order the Q10.

The main reason is I really miss the physical keyboard. Although swiping the words is truly fun I don't think I can be as fast as I am on the physical keyboard. Probably the main reason for this is because I need to type with both thumbs and I can't to seem to accomplish this 5 days in. I really am uncomfortable with typing with 1 hand. Everything else about the software is amazing and I have no complaints

Swiped from the Links amazing Z10
    06-06-13 09:56 PM
    So almost a week in and I'm really thinking about returning the Z10 on the 14th which is the last day of the time frame that I can return it and still use the deposit money to pre order the Q10.

The main reason is I really miss the physical keyboard. Although swiping the words is truly fun I don't think I can be as fast as I am on the physical keyboard. Probably the main reason for this is because I need to type with both thumbs and I can't to seem to accomplish this 5 days in. I really am uncomfortable with typing with 1 hand. Everything else about the software is amazing and I have no complaints

With the extra week all I have to say is that I'm now feeling pretty comfortable with the Z10 and I won't be returning the Z10.

I'm a happy camper!!!

trynacu2 likes this.
    06-13-13 09:23 PM
    I'm hoping I enjoy the Z10 as well. I should be switching from my Bold 9900 to the Z10 this weekend .
    06-13-13 11:08 PM
    I too was a hard core keyboard/query user. Aside from moving between upper case and numbers, I am just as fast as before with the keyboard. I have had trouble mastering the flick - but it will come. I have no regrets for the Zed 10 at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:24 PM
    I glad that you stick with it.

Check out my portrait photography channel, C0011b779
    06-14-13 08:35 PM