I have been on Unlimited International data plan for last years, but AT&T won't let me continue if I upgrade to Z10. I tried calling 3 times, and went to store twice, but no way. I guess I will be forced to leave AT&T and Blackberry platform. I don't think I should replace Torch with Bold (which does not have the latest technology).
    Anyone with similar problem? Or found a solution?

Thanks,

K X
    04-25-13 03:25 AM
    Buy an unlocked Z10 and pop in your AT&T sum and voila...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 03:32 AM
    Will he/she get carrier specific thing like voice mail and apps then?

Something to think about...

On legacy BlackBerrys you would get virtual preloads pushed but visual voice mail was not available on unlocked devices.

~STV
    04-25-13 03:37 AM
    I believe T-Mobile has international unlimited for $10 per month. That might be a good option for you.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    04-25-13 03:53 AM
    I highly doubt that you will have that option on any other phone on the market. The business of the carrier is to make money. That would be at the expense of the customer. Legacy Blackberrys sipped data the new ones are on par with most other smartphones in that they devour data.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 05:44 AM
    I live in India and have an unlocked Z10 with AT&T SIM card in it. With unlimited international. Works fine. Also have an older BB with Airtel local SIM. I agree with the earlier comment. Get an unlocked phone but get one with LTE. The one I bought here in India (STL100-1) only has HSPA+.
    04-25-13 06:10 AM
    Verizon will do the same thing if you upgrade at a discounted price but if you pay full retail they let you keep the plan.
    04-25-13 06:14 AM
    cheaper to buy phone out-right, keep old plan, and no need for BIS anymore. AT&T will lie to get you to purchase phone don't fall for it like I did. lost my BRYUNL plan for crappy LTE BRYPRSN lost unlimited data for unlimited 5GB capped data. Some lie about Z10 won't work off old plan but it worked on a pay-per-use plan for 2 days. AT&T is the DEVIL.
    04-25-13 06:24 AM
    That's weird because I've had the same for the last few years and att let me keep it when I upgraded to my z10

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:25 AM
    You can't change the SIM guys, they're different sizes between legacy and bb10.

And you won't get anything near that on other carriers or other phones now. Times have changed and carriers are getting greedier
    04-25-13 07:03 AM
    I have been on Unlimited International data plan for last years, but AT&T won't let me continue if I upgrade to Z10. I tried calling 3 times, and went to store twice, but no way. I guess I will be forced to leave AT&T and Blackberry platform. I don't think I should replace Torch with Bold (which does not have the latest technology).
    Anyone with similar problem? Or found a solution?

Thanks,

K X
    This is strange I was able to upgrade one of my lines. The plan name is a little different but it still is unlimited international. I am on AT&T premier. I don't think that would make a difference. In worst case they don't let you upgrade buy an unlock. Don't loose that plan.
    04-25-13 07:10 AM

And you won't get anything near that on other carriers or other phones now. Times have changed and carriers are getting greedier
    AT&T will give you. The right simple for unlock phones I did this with another line.
    04-25-13 07:15 AM

Sure you can. I'm using the SIM from my BlackBerry Bold 9780 right now. All I did was cut it in a SIM cutter.

Posted via my most awesome Z10 on CB10.
    04-25-13 07:16 AM
    I hate AT&T. They will tell you that a lot of stuff won't work that really does.

Check tmobile, if you need international, you can use wifi calling free overseas which uses you regular number.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:24 AM
    Sure you can. I'm using the SIM from my BlackBerry Bold 9780 right now. All I did was cut it in a SIM cutter.

Ha! Beat ya! I cut it with a pair of scissors.
    04-25-13 07:27 AM
    Tmobile ftw.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-25-13 07:29 AM
    cheaper to buy phone out-right, keep old plan, and no need for BIS anymore. AT&T will lie to get you to purchase phone don't fall for it like I did. lost my BRYUNL plan for crappy LTE BRYPRSN lost unlimited data for unlimited 5GB capped data. Some lie about Z10 won't work off old plan but it worked on a pay-per-use plan for 2 days. AT&T is the DEVIL.
    I feel for you. I avoided buying my phone from AT&T for that reason. Best Buy already had things set up so I would keep my old plan.
    04-25-13 07:30 AM
    Ha! Beat ya! I cut it with a pair of scissors.
    You're a braver man than I then. LOL

04-25-13 07:30 AM
    I can't believe that worked.. good job!
    04-25-13 11:30 AM
    I still have the unlimited international plan on a 9860 and have been wondering about this. When I bought my 9860, they were willing to let me keep the unlimited international plan on an iPhone or an Android, so I am not sure their reasoning. I would keep trying.
    04-25-13 12:02 PM
    att sim, i just switched my sim from my old bb to the q10 and it isnt working.

it might be because im roaming?
    05-08-13 12:12 PM
    As a follow up, I got the Z10 last week and was able to keep my Unlimited International plan. I did have issues on a ship this week though with BBM not working, but I had internet. BBM worked in Mexico but not on Cellular at Sea. This is where I use it the most so if I don't have BBM on the ship there is no real point in having a BlackBerry. Of course the keyboard is the best I've used though and overall I love the phone.

I just got home last night so I haven't had time to call and check on the issue. Hopefully the problem was related to the BBM outages that were going on and not a bigger issue.
    05-08-13 12:42 PM