When I bought my Z10 when it came out in the USA I went to Best Buy and they didn't have the device ready, only after a couple of people including me they decided to look on the back store for them and sure they had them. We all were AT&T customers, then I went to couple AT&T stores on the following days for a case and they have couple cases if you ask for them but no Z10 to be seen, not even in their advertising flyers. Then a friend of mine told me that she went to the store to get a Z10, she's a blackberry user and the store manager told her to not get complicated with that device that she should choose other. This I have heard couple of times since the Z10 launched. I don't understand why a company, because is not by chance, is spread on all stores, make it so hard for a customer to get a device of his choosing, not turn away or give really bad advice on a device they are supposedly selling. You have to insist really hard to get a Z10 and is almost ridiculous this situation, can anybody look into this matter and do an investigation on AT&T practices.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:41 AM
    Pretty much all the companies do this. It's all about the commission. I don't give a rats bu tt (dunno why it does stars when all together) what the sales people say - I go in there for a blackberry and I damn sure am going to walk out with one or go somewhere else for it.
    05-09-13 10:52 AM
    Nothing will change as long as folks keep paying their bills.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-09-13 10:57 AM
    When I went Z10 shopping at my T-Mo store they featured the Z10 dead center in their phone display. Salesman -- and this was launch day BTW -- was already completely versed on the phone and recommended it highly. I've always had a good experience shopping T-Mo stores as they seem to be there to serve your needs not theirs. My son, because he needs an iPhone, has been with AT&T for years and we all despise them. Great article in WSJ with AT&T trying to buy a monopoly on air space, backed -- of course -- by House Republicans. Thank God they weren't allowed to suck up T-Mo.
    05-09-13 11:25 AM
    When I bought my Z10 when it came out in the USA I went to Best Buy and they didn't have the device ready, only after a couple of people including me they decided to look on the back store for them and sure they had them. We all were AT&T customers, then I went to couple AT&T stores on the following days for a case and they have couple cases if you ask for them but no Z10 to be seen, not even in their advertising flyers. Then a friend of mine told me that she went to the store to get a Z10, she's a blackberry user and the store manager told her to not get complicated with that device that she should choose other. This I have heard couple of times since the Z10 launched. I don't understand why a company, because is not by chance, is spread on all stores, make it so hard for a customer to get a device of his choosing, not turn away or give really bad advice on a device they are supposedly selling. You have to insist really hard to get a Z10 and is almost ridiculous this situation, can anybody look into this matter and do an investigation on AT&T practices.
    What's "illegal" in what you posted? What's to "investigate"?
    05-09-13 04:20 PM
    I wrote a post about this when I bought my Z10. There was no sign of a Z10 in the store, I had to specifically ask for it, and I was discouraged from buying it. I'm not sure whether it's illegal or unfair, but one thing's for sure, where I went, they didn't care for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:24 PM
    Unfair? Yes. Illegal? No. I think sales reps heavily push the phones that have high satisfaction rates because those are unlikely to be returned, and they get to keep the commission on the sale. The Z10 is so new, that satisfaction hasn't been proven yet. However, if customer reviews on the carrier websites are any indication, reps would do well to take those seriously. I can only hope that advertising continues to increase and word of mouth continues to spread. Reps eyes have to open at some point.
    05-09-13 04:33 PM
    Sales reps will push what pays the most. Given blackberrys situation, i don't think they offer any incentive to sell their phone aside from the base commission that is payed for setting up the service. Whereas samsung and other manufacturers give extra incentives aka "Spiffs" on their devices, so sometimes if a sales rep makes 15$ commission to sell a phone, they could get another 15$ for selling certain devices, it's all up to the manufacturer to win over the sales rep, and the only way to do that is to pay them!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:52 PM
    My AT&T rep was in love with the Z10. He is an iPhone user. But the phone was not on display. I had to ask for it. There were no play models, so he had to take one out of the box so I can play with it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    05-09-13 04:59 PM
    After Apple made their exclusive deal with AT&T (back when) they decided making $ from the phone sales was not enough. The wanted a large piece of the subscription action. The short version is this lead them and AT&T into court for violation of the Anti-trust laws (essentially restraint of trade). Eventually the suit dropped AT&T as a plaintiff and then the courts wanted to drop Apple because the dropping of AT&T was considered fatal to the case. Now it's back in court for review. Yes, they suck big time. But you would have to prove they had a policy of pushing a specific brand to the detriment of consumers. Good luck.

Besides, if you don't like them, leave them.
    Last edited by scrannel; 05-09-13 at 06:28 PM.
    05-09-13 06:11 PM
    When I bought mine, last week, I explained what my situation was, I use BBM but was contemplating the iPhone 5. I have the Unlimited International plan and use it on cruise ships almost every week. I had just broken the screen on my 9860 and needed to replace it that night since I was leaving the country the next morning. I was considering changing to Apple or possibly Android but still use BBM to communicate to my wife while at sea. Since the Z10 is not on BIS, there was more of an even playing field, with the exception of BBM. He listened, and told me I should stick with the Z10 despite my hesitation. He told me how much he missed the swipes after he moved back to an Android device. They all have to carry different phones so they become familiar with them. No matter what I said, he believed the Z10 would be best for me. Overall it was a good experience.
    05-09-13 07:40 PM