Well everyone, I went by my local T-Mobile store today with a friend of mine who was buying a new z10 and him and his wife and I was shocked at what I seen when I walked into the store. A large area had been set up with a custom display for the launch of the iPhone 5 on T-Mobile tomorrow. What really bothered me was the fact that the sales people where so geeked up about the iPhone 5, I felt like they din't even care about the Blackberry z10 anymore?

When I asked the sales person how he felt about my friends choice on the z10, his reply was, terrible apps and your better off waiting until tomorrow and buy the iphone 5. I was shocked, WTF!!!! This is why the Apple brand is so successful here in the USA, considering the product has been out since September of last year, folks will still line up to get one.

They had built a custom display with larger banners showing the iPhone 5 and how much faster it was on the T-Mobile network and so on. Why didn't Blackberry at least have a display area with something telling the potential customer ' I here and this is what I can do? Instead the z10 sits among with the android devices and unless you look for it or ask a salesperson where it's it, you wouldn't even know it's there. This is pitiful as far as I am concerned.

Here is a company who hasn't delivered a product to the market in two ***** years and I would have thought some sort of unique advertisement would have been done for this great product. What I seen today has reaffirmed my gut feeling that now that T-Mobile has the Apple product line, the Blackberry product line will all but be forgotten about.

Where is someone from the Blackberry headquarters out looking at the vendors who carry their products and making sure they get promoted properly? I would have thought they would taken some of that 3 Billion they say they have in spare cash and invested some of it into the new product promotion? But who am I just a concerned consumer who has invested in your new product!
    04-11-13 11:13 AM
    You sound surprised. Stores advertise what sells. They expect the iPhone 5 to sell.
    I went into a large Verizon store the same day that the BlackBerry Bus Tour was due there. They had one Z10 hidden in the back next to some discounted Androids. Every person who walked in asked for an iPhone or a Droid.

The US launch has been indifferent at best and ignored by BlackBerry at worst.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-11-13 11:20 AM
    You sound surprised. Stores advertise what sells. They expect the iPhone 5 to sell.
    I went into a large Verizon store the same day that the BlackBerry Bus Tour was due there. They had one Z10 hidden in the back next to some discounted Androids. Every person who walked in asked for an iPhone or a Droid.

The US launch has been indifferent at best and ignored by BlackBerry at worst.
    Well put, sad but true. I wonder sometimes how the folks who work in the Blackberry advertising departments justify their existence? I guess the USA is not part of their market strategy anymore, based on what I have seen so far.
    04-11-13 11:42 AM
    T-Mobile is a for profit business just like any other carriers. (Am just using T-Mobile as an example since you mentioned it) We all get a bit surprised and annoyed when we see them boasting iPhone or Android phones. You have to understand they have to sell what will make them money. I am an authorized dealer for T-Mobile and been excitingly pitching and selling Z10. But with the launch of iPhone on T-Mobile can't help but get on with the program. Every customer that has stopped inquired about the iPhone. Now companies know what is in demand and will push that phone.

In short the point I am trying to make is. Yes Z10 is going on the back of the store or it was there since launch. Or it wasn't even in some stores to begin with. BlackBerry's success won't come from carriers displaying it or pushing it. It has to come from BlackBerry themselves by making sure as many as possible folks know about Z10, Q10 and BB10 in general.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:52 AM