05-08-13 04:10 AM
102 ... 2345
tools
    The customer rating on AT&T says it all

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:55 PM
    BTW our local Verizon store has them, has them displayed front-and-center with the Samsung Galaxy phones (right in the middle -- identical product placement) and knows the product. They're selling them and said they haven't gotten any back.

I went there after the false report of "more returns than sales" hit the wires and tested the hypothesis. Definitely not true here!
    05-06-13 06:34 PM
    Let me be very clear to everyone that has read my post. T-Mobile has always provided me with excellent customer service. In the case of the Migration Fee, they did not tell me I would incur this expense at all. As another person mentioned, it was charged to me because my contract was not complete...by just a couple weeks which is why they agreed to waive most of the migration fee. The class action suite gave me the opportunity to return the Z10 within 30 days of the purchase thus taking me through the contract expiration. So, I would basically walk in the door, return the Z10, have my money returned including the migration fee and turn around and buy a new Z10. It made bad business sense to charge me all of the $100. I had to balance what my time was worth and T-Mobile had to decide whether they wanted a used phone. A compromise was made.

I hope this clearly explains the situation.

Again, I have stuck with T-Mobile because I like their customer service and their rate plans. No one else is comparable.

David
    05-06-13 07:00 PM
    Well TMo just started selling the iPhone. They want to sell it!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Actually we really don't we don't recommend it at all we don't try to exaggerate the iPhone we know what it is capable of but that is one phone we care little about. It's like a they tried to come casually late to the party and nobody cares that your here. If someone ask for it I will sell it otherwise I recommend the z10 or the HTC one

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:24 PM
    They are payed to make consumers pick the iphone/android phones.

Posted via CB10
    No we don't the manufacturer might have a promotion going on for who sells the most but I never get caught up with it I try my best to right fit the customer. As far as more commission on selling a phone we actually get the same commission whether we sale you a iPhone android z10 or a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    finallybb likes this.
    05-06-13 08:29 PM
    with this phone, its a love and hate relationship. you really have to learn to accept its flaws before you can start loving it
    05-06-13 10:03 PM
    The class action suite gave me the opportunity to return the Z10 within 30 days of the purchase thus taking me through the contract expiration.
    David, no way a class action suit made it through the system in 2-3 months. It literally takes years.
    05-06-13 10:32 PM
    Funny enough, at my store the Q10s are flying off the shelf. Pre order and our stock but yet the S4s still remain.

I'm sure there are decent salesman in stores but don't listen to them. I went to get a Q10 last week. I asked a salesman if he had them in then another stepped in and said I'd be better going with a Samsung GS4 as they're beating the Q10 in sales. He then went onto say that BB10 has been 'repulled' as 'with all BlackBerry's, it's a software problem' and if I had followed the news would have known about it' I told him I don't want to mess about with Samsung or iphones and carried on. I googled BB10's being repulled after and couldn't find anything. I wentto a second store where the manager had never heard of the Q10 and thought was asking for a Z10.

Don't listen to them.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:04 PM
    Why though? Bell and Telus charge the same thing for phone plans and phones.

With the new plans there are no more hidden fees and the cancellation policy is now steam lined whether you subsidize a device or you bring your own. These fees are all pretty much uniform now.

If you are comparing them to the new entrants then that's your choice to compare. I'd rather have reliable service and pay a little more.

They're experts at nickel and dime charges in North America like (network connectivity fees, activation fees) etc. Rogers here in Canada isn't nicknamed robbers for nothing.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:10 PM
    Went with my wife to shop for a new car I drive a hyunda she a Honda. The Honda salesman bashed hunda and several others as unreliable and used some ridiculous bar graph to show their reliability over time.
    My wife looked at me and then told the rep "If your best argument for me getting this car over another is a graph then I think I'll take my business elsewhere.

Point is regardless of what others say or do or their intention you're going to have to make your own choices.
    Congratulations on graduating and hope you get the device you want.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:28 PM
    I should think none of this really matters.You take this stuff with a grain of salt and do what you want. This is why they have the buyers remorse period. If it turns out to be not what you want or expect, you take it back. Case closed. Personally, I would have gone around to other stores that sold the Z10 and got other opinions along with reading these boards. I really don't like sales reps who would make that kind of statement unless I asked them (which I have)
    05-07-13 09:19 AM
    I'm sure there are decent salesman in stores but don't listen to them. I went to get a Q10 last week. I asked a salesman if he had them in then another stepped in and said I'd be better going with a Samsung GS4 as they're beating the Q10 in sales. He then went onto say that BB10 has been 'repulled' as 'with all BlackBerry's, it's a software problem' and if I had followed the news would have known about it' I told him I don't want to mess about with Samsung or iphones and carried on. I googled BB10's being repulled after and couldn't find anything. I wentto a second store where the manager had never heard of the Q10 and thought was asking for a Z10.

Don't listen to them.
    Sad. I do a large amount of research, reading, searching and anything else I can do before I buy a device so typically I will know more than most of the CS reps in the stores. I don't pay a lot of attention to them unless I know them and know that they know what they're talking about - few and far between.
    05-07-13 09:35 AM
    M1a1mg,

I would be more than happy to send you the letter from T-Mobile for your review.

David
    05-07-13 10:57 AM
    Because he gets more commission on selling iPhone or Android.
    Do you have any proof of that? Or is it an assumption?
    05-07-13 12:27 PM
    Because he gets more commission on selling iPhone or Android.
    This is not true! I work for t-mobile and we do not get any commission of the phones them selves! We get commission off of the rate plans and services being sold to you! We also get commission or a spiff for putting you on the installment plan (breaking up the full cost into payments) that's it.. Me personally I don't care what phone you get as long as it suite your needs and you are happy with it! I just need you to sign up for service that's what I get paid on!

Sent from my iPad Mini 32GB using Tapatalk
    05-07-13 12:41 PM
    I guess it varies. When I was in Annapolis in February with my Dev Alpha A I picked up a T-Mobile SIM for it. The young lady who served me was very excited to see it and kept asking me when the Z10 was going to be available.
    05-07-13 12:48 PM
    When my sister got her new phone(samsung galaxy S II (yes, the two, not the three)), the retailer flat out told her that she hates BB, but wasn't going to say anything to me(I wasnt with her at the time she got her phone), because it was clear that I had done my research and knew what I wanted.

Push other products, I honestly dont care, just, please do not come out and say you hate a phone, or a company.
    jlarkins08 likes this.
    05-07-13 01:05 PM
    I've had two experiences with T-Mobile and the Z10. The first, shortly after it launched, was with what I believed was the manager, when I'd asked about it...noting that it, as was the case with my 9900, had NFC. He scoffed, saying "yeah, BlackBerry's so slow at adopting new technology" as if it was BlackBerry's fault that my equipped-since-day-one 9900 had it...it was T-Mobile that wouldn't turn it on. And I told him. He looked down, muttered "awkward", and we went on. My next visit was with a distinctly more enthusiastic employee, who said that the Z10 was a sweet phone and he was really considering getting one.

Bottom line...while it's not the case, provider/vendors should tell their employees to be relatively agnostic about what makes for the best phone. True, for a really lousy phone, a recommendation away from it, to prevent a poor "experience" as well as a return, might be acceptable, but honestly, who benefits when a fanboy is pushing his own particular fetish?
    05-07-13 03:49 PM
    I am currently on Tmobile but just for fun stopped into a Verizon authorized retailer store and asked if they had the Z10. The rep there informed me that the stores in the area would not be carrying the phone because the person in charge of the area use on for a short time and did not like it. Crazy.
    That is crazy and likely sends their customers to another provider or order it online.

This thread is a waste of time and space.
    Yet you posted in it.....

I keep meaning to swing by the T-Mobile store by my house just to see if they have the Z10 and see if they try to talk me into another device. Regardless, I'm switching to T-Mobile because of their new plans and the fact that my current provider (Simple Mobile) does not have access to the new T-Mobile LTE network and does not know when such access will happen and I want to upgrade to a BB10 device.
    05-07-13 03:58 PM
    Who knows why one individual would say anything. There are many possible motivations. Maybe he did not even say that and your sister wants you to get something else for all anyone can tell.
    05-07-13 04:06 PM
    And T-Mo doesn't get my business because they offer no service in my little pocket of the world yet 50 feet around my house they have service and NO, I do NOT live in cave! LOL!
    05-07-13 05:28 PM
    All of you need to read this guy's post, reorganise your thoughts, before replying. He makes a fair judgement of the situation.

Initially I felt annoyed as well when I read that the manager had steered OP's sister away from Z10. After reading the above response, I begin to appreciate the manager's advice. True, it might have been the commission that made him steer people away from the Z10, but most of the time the salesperson will try to sell what he thinks is suitable for the customer. Yes he may be wrong but hey nobody is perfect. Imagine if it was your dad wearing a business wear who approached that salesperson, I could almost certainly be sure that he will not steer him away from getting a blackberry.
    But as another user stated, when you just say "Oh, don't get that because we have had a lot of returns, get this Instead" and leaving it at that, then you are doing no better than pushing your opinion on them.

You help the customer when you give them all the information needed, not specific info to steer them in the direction you want.

Sent from Amber via CB10.
    05-07-13 09:47 PM
    M1a1mg,

I would be more than happy to send you the letter from T-Mobile for your review.

David
    Save yourself the energy. Just post an image that says that a class action suit was settled in two months.
    05-07-13 10:49 PM
    I will be graduating with my BA in four days, as a gift my sister wants to get me a new phone. I told her I want the Z10. When she talked to a t-mobile manager, texted me saying "So I talked to a tmobile manager and he didn't recommend to get the blackberry z10. They said it's horrible and customers are returning it a lot." Why would a manager say something like that? Is there a possibility that they want me to buy the iphone 5 instead? I told my sister I still want it.
    After 7 years of owning nothing but iPhones and tinkering with iOS, I'm beginning to like the Z10 for my own, very specific reasons, but assuming you are a "normal" person, let's be realistic.

You need to ask yourself how many people are using iPhones compared to the Z10? Do you text much? If you do, chances are many people are already using iMessage--it's free texting and fast. If you are a drug dealer, the DEA/CIA and FBI will not be able to crack your text messages sent over iMessage. Heck even Apple can't even crack their own encryption--don't ask me how I know this. Though BlackBerry has BBM and pin messaging, they have recently caved in to government pressure to allow them to monitor data sent through their servers--hint* in the East somewhere.

If you've used Android before, chances are, it was crap, feels hackish, the experience was lacking and that has bored or swayed you over to looking for a new experience as I have. You can and will begin to see an increasing number of Androidians making their way to the Z10 platform here on CrackBerry.com or as of lately, iOS; part of the reason being is also due to the fact that Androidians' have had a profound sort of antagonistic nature against iOS for a long time.

If you are thinking of BlackBerry Z10, ask what kind of adventure/experience are you seeking in terms of sideloading Android apps? Excitement from installing, unsupported, leaked OS? The cool predictive keyboard? BB Hub for social connections? In essence, if you want something that has a clean app ecosystem, iCloud and iCloud push technology, fast web experience due to their javascript engine, a universe of well maintained quality apps, a well designed user interface catering to user friendliness and ease of use then save yourself time and go with iOS no questions asked.

The BB Hub, predictive keyboard, peek and flow feature of BlackBerry 10 is quite innovative, but there's hardly anything else that can be used to compare with iOS so it wouldn't make for a fair comparison by features. What is also worth noting is the ones who have great respect and faith in RIM er BlackBerry are those who have been with the brand before the inception of iPhone, such as myself or have known of the brand before 2007, to the ones who can't seem to let go of the physical keyboard; thus, you have found the majority of those of us here at CrackBerry. However, that only makes for a fraction of a large base of smartphone users in the world. At this time, if what Mr Thorsten Heins says is true, BlackBerry 10's user experience will improve with more exciting things coming down the pipe, and yes they are hard at work on it, but the battle is still an uphill one despite taking the 3rd place crown from Micros0ft. Are you willing to wait for his words to become a reality? If you are, then Z10 is definitely for you.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 05-08-13 at 01:23 AM.
    05-08-13 12:40 AM
    Get the z10, I have T-Mobile and they can't keep it on their shelf, the I phone 5 has horrible reviews

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:53 AM
102 ... 2345