I just bought my Z10 from Verizon (left Sprint after 12 years) last night. I incurred the samething. There were four sales reps standing around and talking. When I asked where their BB Display was, the unanimous answer was "Why do you want one of those?". "If you want a real phone, go for the Samsung SIII!". Of course all four raised their personal phones and surprise, all were Samsung SIIIs! I wonder if Samsung gave them out to all the reps....
    05-05-13 08:58 PM
    Every where I went I got cold reviews on the z10 but lucky for me I did my own research and made the decision to go with the z10, I honestly love the phone. I've been a iphone and android user previously. It's basically about what works for you as the consumer.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:58 PM
    Maybe because they have had a lot returned to his store. Personally if I went to a store to buy something and they had a lot of people returning the product, I'd appreciate being told that before I made my decision. You are still free to buy what you want but if you went to buy a new laptop wouldn't you rather hear before you bought it that they've been having problems and a significant amount of unhappy customers before you bought it, or would you prefer to buy it and then find out after the fact? It's not always a conspiracy against blackberry when someone states something negative about them. Sometimes it might just be the truth and maybe the guy was just trying to help.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    All of you need to read this guy's post, reorganise your thoughts, before replying. He makes a fair judgement of the situation.

Initially I felt annoyed as well when I read that the manager had steered OP's sister away from Z10. After reading the above response, I begin to appreciate the manager's advice. True, it might have been the commission that made him steer people away from the Z10, but most of the time the salesperson will try to sell what he thinks is suitable for the customer. Yes he may be wrong but hey nobody is perfect. Imagine if it was your dad wearing a business wear who approached that salesperson, I could almost certainly be sure that he will not steer him away from getting a blackberry.
    05-05-13 09:00 PM
    Congratulations. Here is the reason why many, many people are returning their Z10 to Tmobile. It is very simple. Tmobile started adding a "migration" fee of $100 to their bills in addition to the cost of the phone.
    Was this for switching platforms?
    05-05-13 09:11 PM
    What's a migration fee exactly?

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile has had many different plans in recent years. If a customer is on a traditional subsidized phone plan and wants to switch to the new plans, which do not offer subsidized phones, the customer will have to pay a migration fee that depends on the amount of time that has elapsed since the customer last got a subsidized phone. The new plans require that the customer pays full price for the phone. The way it is advertised is that the customer pays a downpayment and pays the rest of the cost of the phone in monthly installments for two years. There is not a contract for service, but there is one for the device if the customer chooses to do the 0% financing of the device.

It doesn't matter which device the customer switched from or to; the migration fee is simply to recover the pro rata subsidy on the previous subsidized device. This wouldn't hit Z10 purchases anymore than it would hit any other phone.
    raino likes this.
    05-05-13 09:25 PM
    A non-sale is better than a return. If a product has high returns, a salesperson gets no commission and has to deal with the customer service and returned device headache later. (Ideally, he would want to sell you a solid product that you will appreciate.)

For this reason, a responsible salesperson needs to make sure that the consumer is 110% sure he wants to purchase the highly returned product before he sells it to him. It's common business sense.
    05-05-13 09:30 PM
    A non-sale is better than a return. If a product has high returns, a salesperson gets no commission and has to deal with the customer service and returned device headache later. (Ideally, he would want to sell you a solid product that you will appreciate.)

For this reason, a responsible salesperson needs to make sure that the consumer is 110% sure he wants to purchase the highly returned product before he sells it to him. It's common business sense.

This is true......but, a non-sale with a customer leaving with a bad taste in their mouth and passing that experience on to others, is worse in the long run for a business. If "x" store is not going to be helpful, or brushes off a customer by making them feel like they don't know what they want and "y" store is accommodating, yet relates their concerns to the customer, a customer will always appreciate that.
    05-05-13 09:38 PM
    Because he gets more commission on selling iPhone or Android.
    This.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-05-13 09:41 PM
    Who gives a crap what some balding Tmobile manager says he recommends. Get whatever phone you want.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-05-13 09:42 PM
    The local T-Mobile store here, on the first day the Zed was available, had the guy in the front of the place playing with the demo unit. He was cranked about it too.

That might have had something to do with the fact that they sold out within about 2 hours, and I was rather glad I was there when the doors opened as I got one of them!

I stopped in a week or so back and asked about returns.

They have had zero.
    05-05-13 09:56 PM
    I would not dismiss a comment like that from line personnel. They are on the front lines. Conversely, I would adopt that as the only evidence to consider in the formation of your decision. In my exposure, I'd expect if you're coming from a non blackberry, you'll be in heaven with the Z10. If you came from a previous BlackBerry then you'd be in for a disappointment with things like wired sync, signature, email options, email time limitations, and a couple keyboard issues. That said I'm hoping that 10.1 OS and the next version of Link helps. Old to new BlackBerry was also a disaster. Hub, flow, wireless range, look and feel, signal strength, native apps, call quality are all excellent. Great phone and if you don't mind waiting for some fixes, it will treat you pretty well. Those that wee talking about upgrade fees, we spent about 800 bucks on our 4 units.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:24 PM
    All of you need to read this guy's post, reorganise your thoughts, before replying. He makes a fair judgement of the situation.

Initially I felt annoyed as well when I read that the manager had steered OP's sister away from Z10. After reading the above response, I begin to appreciate the manager's advice. True, it might have been the commission that made him steer people away from the Z10, but most of the time the salesperson will try to sell what he thinks is suitable for the customer. Yes he may be wrong but hey nobody is perfect. Imagine if it was your dad wearing a business wear who approached that salesperson, I could almost certainly be sure that he will not steer him away from getting a blackberry.
    It's like going too a restaurant and asking the waiter how the lasagna is. Would you prefer he say it's great and order it only to find out after that it's disgusting and that a number of people have been sending it back to the kitchen or would you prefer he tells you first so you can make an informed decision.
    If a salesperson tells you that they have been getting a lot of returns, there's no harm just asking why. Maybe it's a reason that doesn't impact you, or maybe its something that does and you didn't know about it.
    05-05-13 10:28 PM
    The return rates have not been higher on the Z10 than other devices. This has been challenged and debunked by BlackBerry. I wouldn't trust a sales rep to choose my device. Do your homework and test them yourself. The Z10 is brilliant in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
    When I bought mine from a T-Mobile store the rep had set the Z10 as the center display and the only way he could have pushed the phone more was if he'd dressed up like a giant Z10. This thread is a waste of time and space.
    05-05-13 11:22 PM
    That's weird because the commission from iPhone, Android and BlackBerry isn't even that much. Well from where I work anyways. The commission on upgrades are like 45-60 per device.

The commission is better on activations of course but if doing enough upgrades then the commission adds up.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:22 PM
    That's BS. The return rate isn't abnormally high as you are trying to state. The return of the Z10 is probably the same stats as any smart phone out there.

As a wireless consultant, I always tell customers the pros and cons of all phones. The one good thing for me is that I've used all OSs and most of the devices so I can be as impartial as possible.

There are still some reps out there that actually cater to a customers needs and show them the best devices/services for THEIR needs.

It's like going too a restaurant and asking the waiter how the lasagna is. Would you prefer he say it's great and order it only to find out after that it's disgusting and that a number of people have been sending it back to the kitchen or would you prefer he tells you first so you can make an informed decision.
    If a salesperson tells you that they have been getting a lot of returns, there's no harm just asking why. Maybe it's a reason that doesn't impact you, or maybe its something that does and you didn't know about it.

Posted via CB10
    jdiaz989 and mzceetee like this.
    05-05-13 11:26 PM
    Why would carrier get the z10 product and insist to sell iphone or android.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:29 PM
    That's BS. The return rate isn't abnormally high as you are trying to state. The return of the Z10 is probably the same stats as any smart phone out there.

As a wireless consultant, I always tell customers the pros and cons of all phones. The one good thing for me is that I've used all OSs and most of the devices so I can be as impartial as possible.

There are still some reps out there that actually cater to a customers needs and show them the best devices/services for THEIR needs.

Posted via CB10
    Where did I or anyone in this thread make any claims on the return rate? But have it your way. It's a big conspiracy against the z10. The only truly unbiased people are here and it's just a testament to the quality of BlackBerry that they all love the new release. You can bulls**t your friends and I'll bulls**t mine, but let's just agree not to bulls**t each other. The z10 is a major revamp on the past BlackBerry and is very different from Android and IPhone so it is fair to assume s number of people will have trouble adapting to it.
    I will say my father, a long time BlackBerry user recently handed me his z10 to sell and switched to iPhone simply due to the pop email support and limited syncing abilities and I am on my second z10 having bought one and sold it and then buying another having deciding to give it another chance.

05-05-13 11:56 PM
    We have about 60 smart phones on our Verizon account and there is a rep in the store that we deal with on a regular basis. Not only for our company phones, but we also send people to him for their personal (ie spouse's) phones. I work in IT, but when my wife needed a phone, I left her with him and said, "get whatever he points you to".

My point is that I have a great deal of trust in his ability to do what's right for a customer. He recently told me that he had only sold a few Z10s and then he was very careful to qualify his customers for them. I believe that this is because he is a well-meaning professional.

My only point is that just because someone doesn't recommend the Z10, doesn't mean that they aren't acting in good will. I love my Z10, but I can think of a few reasons to not go with it.
    1. If they experienced the reboots that I have, I wouldn't blame them for returning it. I've chosen to see it through with BlackBerry, but I can't blame someone else for not putting up with it. There are a couple of other quirky things that I've noticed.
    2. If someone was really interested in getting every app that they saw a commercial for, the Z10 probably isn't for them. I am not trying to open the app-gap debate here, but for some people, that's a big part of having a smart phone. So, they may not want to go with the Z10. I tell people, if you choose the Z10, then there is going to be some app in the next few months that you are going to want but won't be available.
    3. If someone just wants simplicity, the iPhone might be a better choice. I say that the Z10 is faster to use once learned, but the iPhone is easier to use on day 1.

Anyone, just my two cents...
    zeteo likes this.
    05-05-13 11:58 PM
    Thanks for everyone's input, I have my eyes set on the Z10. I will take pictures of the ceremony and share with you all once I get it..Hopefully I'll have it by then .
    05-06-13 12:43 AM
    The lack of apps is really not a deal breaker for me. I have my ipod touch for that.
    R Field likes this.
    05-06-13 12:49 AM
    Just get the phone that best suits your needs. The z10 and the iphone are both great phones.

Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:58 AM
    If T-Mobile knew anything about which phones were good, they wouldn't be in 4th place now.

Not that AT&T knows anything about which phones are good. The iPhones only exist on AT&T's network to keep AT&T's executives in yachts. Goodness knows that the stupid things work about as well as a quadriplegic meth addict.
    DJM626 and kidmac13 like this.
    05-06-13 02:08 AM
    Go look at the reviews from owners of the devices on the various carriers sites (Rogers, Telus, Bell, Tmobile, At&t etc). I would trust their opinions a lot more than either a manager with an agenda or misinformation from a supposed tech expert who doesn't even know how to properly use the phone.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-06-13 03:10 AM
    I'm sure there are decent salesman in stores but don't listen to them. I went to get a Q10 last week. I asked a salesman if he had them in then another stepped in and said I'd be better going with a Samsung GS4 as they're beating the Q10 in sales. He then went onto say that BB10 has been 'repulled' as 'with all BlackBerry's, it's a software problem' and if I had followed the news would have known about it' I told him I don't want to mess about with Samsung or iphones and carried on. I googled BB10's being repulled after and couldn't find anything. I wentto a second store where the manager had never heard of the Q10 and thought was asking for a Z10.

Don't listen to them.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    05-06-13 06:15 AM
102 1234 ...