I have been having trouble pitching the Z10 to customers because it's sitting in the display case right next to the Note ll, GS lll, Nexus 4 and not to mention a very obnoxious poster of the Iphone 5 poster that says coming April 12th.

I know BB10 is not for everyone but it's like nobody wants to really give it a chance I can't even get past demonstrating the gestures or hub before I get cut off by a customer asking about asking for the price of the GS lll or Note ect.

Basically what can I tell them of show them the advantages of the Z10 over these other platforms
    R Field likes this.
    04-02-13 01:01 PM
    I'd put it to sleep via top button and let them wake it up with a swipe since it's a cool looking effect to start.

Next open a new message of any type, if you can on a demo, and tell them to type quickly. Then show them you can swipe on keyboard to left to delete.
    Then tell them to type a sentence without spaces, then just hit space at the end. That always seems to wow people.

Big thing is while they're typing or looking to really affirm that this is a completely new platform that has nothing to do with any of the BlackBerry phones they've ever seen.

This is how you CB10, son!
    dierre and anon(5828229) like this.
    04-02-13 01:23 PM
    The reason that I don't even have the z10 is because when I ordered the z10 the day before launch it was a upgrade issue on the Tmobile employee Site that I wasn't initially aware of but they gave the same price as the curve which was listed at 180 so I place the order and waited until that evening I called employee care because the anticipation was driving me nuts. When I got report on the line they told me that thez10 was not available for employee orders yet... So I'm thinking wtf? I ordered it already and the replacement says" there is a problem with the upgrade system and it turns out the were actually sending a curve...

I canceled The order and went back on the Site on the morning of the 27th and it was out of stock then I checked back in the evening and in was back in stock and it was showing the 500 price the correct employee price so I placed my order and it's April 2nd and it still says order processing so I'm canceling the order and will be purchasing it when I return to work on thursday full retail but we only get a 5 percent discount anyway so it's no biggie.

We have a demo z10 at my job with no active simcard in it ill talk to management about it on Thursday but I can't demo the cool paid apps go figure so I can't really give people that over the top wow feature sense they don't seemed to be amazed by the UI and native functions.
    04-02-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks I do try this everyone
    I'd put it to sleep via top button and let them wake it up with a swipe since it's a cool looking effect to start.

Next open a new message of any type, if you can on a demo, and tell them to type quickly. Then show them you can swipe on keyboard to left to delete.
    Then tell them to type a sentence without spaces, then just hit space at the end. That always seems to wow people.

Big thing is while they're typing or looking to really affirm that this is a completely new platform that has nothing to do with any of the BlackBerry phones they've ever seen.

This is how you CB10, son!
    04-02-13 01:42 PM
    Thanks for caring about the devices you sell! Thanks for looking for ways to market to the right users and to know what each device's wow factor is. You give me hope for retail mobile communications sales. Every rep I've spoken to has either blown me off as archaic for wanting to talk about BlackBerry or tried to immediately sell me on Android or iPhone since they are "so much cooler."

Kudos to you!
    04-02-13 02:17 PM
    I have been having trouble pitching the Z10 to customers because it's sitting in the display case right next to the Note ll, GS lll, Nexus 4 and not to mention a very obnoxious poster of the Iphone 5 poster that says coming April 12th.

I know BB10 is not for everyone but it's like nobody wants to really give it a chance I can't even get past demonstrating the gestures or hub before I get cut off by a customer asking about asking for the price of the GS lll or Note ect.

Basically what can I tell them of show them the advantages of the Z10 over these other platforms
    Security. Sell them on the security of the platform and the feel of the device. After using my Z10 the Note II feels like a gimmicky toy...
    04-02-13 02:42 PM
    Run the G3, Note and Z10 in a browser competition.

When you then take them to www.html5test.com and they see the Z10's score, stand back and collect their cash!

Via my Z10
    04-02-13 02:55 PM
    1. Let them wake up the phone via gestures.

2. Show them the hub.

3. Open Calendar in active frames. Add a daily reoccuring event in it (or a few in like 6 hour intervals) and then let it sit as an active frame so they can see how it "previews" your upcoming events.

4. Open up the text message function and let them type on the keyboard, and demonstrate the "flick" feature of the suggested words. I like showing friends by typing "Hey" and can usually finish the sentence "hey whats up man" by just flicking the rest.

5. Not to sound sexist, but girls are more impressed by this stuff... make sure to demo the time shift function, and the built in photo editing features. Girls eat that up.

6. Open the browser and then immediately close it to demonstrate the lack of lag, then do the same with the S3 or whatever and show how it stutters when pressing the home button etc.
    R Field likes this.
    04-02-13 03:09 PM
    Demo storymaker photo video editing, hdmi/dlna video streaming, hub, time shift, gestures, browser, let them use the keyboard, tell them about side loading and blackberry balance, active frames, removable battery expandable memory, security and not having Google know everything about them, not having malware apps or adware.

If that doesn't hook them I don't know what will...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-13 03:17 PM
    I am in the same boat as you, but I did a hardware upgrade on my plan and got the Z10 when it released in Canada. Showing the phone to potential customers have been a serious way for me to closing the sale to people. I used to do the same thing with the SGS3 when I had it.

My selling points on the phone are
    * the HUB -> showing them all my emails, twitter, sms, calls, linkdin and showing them how you can switch from all to select views and not leaving the HUB. (apps for other phones to go to each thing)
    * Peak -> being able to go see what is in the HUB without leaving what you are doing
    * Multi-tasking -> i open 4-5 programs that are intensive in what they do (play music, go to youtube, open up Nova 3, open up Whatsapp and open a video) I then show them how fast I can switch between each and show them how the native apps are continously running while its minimized. The one thing I do which I find is a big wow factor is I play a video clip and do the Peak feature. The video clip is still playing while you are peaking into the HUB. This has shown a lot of people the power of the phone.
    * Keyboard -> I point out to people that the keyboard is the best virtual keyboard in the market. I usually bring them to our working iPhone 5 demo and show them the difference between the keyboards. I always get the wow...this keyboard responds way better. (doesnt work if they are dedicated to Apple)
    * Screen quality -> i give them the it has a better display than the Retina display in the iPhone
    * Camera -> i show them how to take a picture and the Time Shift feature. That wows a lot of people.
    * Instagram and Google maps -> I show this and they say... HOW? and then the big long explanation of course lol.

Those have helped me sell the Z10 to customers. But also the fact that I show them that I've used all devices and they wonder why I changed back to Blackberry.

I just tell them for me this phone works as I need it to and it keeps me productive. Then I show them the games I have and say...sometimes productivity needs a break lol.
    R Field and Elite1 like this.
    04-02-13 03:44 PM
    I am in the same boat as you, but I did a hardware upgrade on my plan and got the Z10 when it released in Canada. Showing the phone to potential customers have been a serious way for me to closing the sale to people. I used to do the same thing with the SGS3 when I had it.

My selling points on the phone are
    * the HUB -> showing them all my emails, twitter, sms, calls, linkdin and showing them how you can switch from all to select views and not leaving the HUB. (apps for other phones to go to each thing)
    * Peak -> being able to go see what is in the HUB without leaving what you are doing
    * Multi-tasking -> i open 4-5 programs that are intensive in what they do (play music, go to youtube, open up Nova 3, open up Whatsapp and open a video) I then show them how fast I can switch between each and show them how the native apps are continously running while its minimized. The one thing I do which I find is a big wow factor is I play a video clip and do the Peak feature. The video clip is still playing while you are peaking into the HUB. This has shown a lot of people the power of the phone.
    * Keyboard -> I point out to people that the keyboard is the best virtual keyboard in the market. I usually bring them to our working iPhone 5 demo and show them the difference between the keyboards. I always get the wow...this keyboard responds way better. (doesnt work if they are dedicated to Apple)
    * Screen quality -> i give them the it has a better display than the Retina display in the iPhone
    * Camera -> i show them how to take a picture and the Time Shift feature. That wows a lot of people.
    * Instagram and Google maps -> I show this and they say... HOW? and then the big long explanation of course lol.

Those have helped me sell the Z10 to customers. But also the fact that I show them that I've used all devices and they wonder why I changed back to Blackberry.

I just tell them for me this phone works as I need it to and it keeps me productive. Then I show them the games I have and say...sometimes productivity needs a break lol.
    Too bad we didn't see more sales people like this. I like that you can back up your claims with demos. This is really valid for any of the platforms. .

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:53 PM
    Thanks. I pride myself in doing the best job I can in what I do.

If I could have all the phones and show to potential customers....I would. Unfortunately retail doesnt pay me enough to do so lol.

But for me... customer service is the most important and being able to give a customer the right solution is better than sometimes making a sale. As crazy as that sounds.

Too bad we didn't see more sales people like this. I like that you can back up your claims with demos. This is really valid for any of the platforms. .

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-02-13 04:02 PM