165 ... 567
tools
    I'm still waiting
    You don't have to.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    Derlitz and 00stryder like this.
    12-18-13 10:26 PM
    I'm still waiting
    Do what curvezzz is implying.... install a non official to your carrier os(leak)

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1733
    Derlitz likes this.
    12-18-13 10:40 PM
    I'm still waiting
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now

12-18-13 10:51 PM
    Apologies If I am reviving this from the dead, but...

First, I was replying to post about "leaks" being "safe" at large just by virtue of originating from BlackBetry. In that regard, BlackBerry themselves blamed a "leak" as the culprit that destroyed their servers and delayed for weeks the launch of their iconic product. That was on the news. Is there any guarantee that tomorrow they will not come out and say, hey by the way, the reboot/sensor/what have you issue is due to a leaked OS version that messes up our servers and we can't calibrate X,Y,Z correctly? BlackBerry will have no qualms to throw all and any leakers under the bus.

Second, regarding the concept of "leaks" in the media, I have yet to see a "Prosumer" or "enterprise customers" that uses CNN, or USA Today, or mainstream media to evaluate their technical needs. You may be right about a portion of the average consumer; however, I would argue the majority of consumers nowadays use friends, carrier reps, and google (which leads them to crackberry) for information. The issue is the following: can I run this app? Yes, No. Answer in the US 9/10 is always Yes and No. Yes only if you are on a leak XYZ.

And, overall, again, conceptually, "leak" is antithetical to a brand based on "security."

I disagree.

I would point out that the "average" consumer / prosumer / enterprise customer would really not know, or could care less, about "leaks". Especially when it comes to OS leaks, or the ability to grab official releases from other carriers.

You never see stories on the USA Today or CNN tech sections about all the BB OS 10 leaks that have occurred over the past year. And that is where these "average" people get their information and form opinions about a brand.

I've not seen one story on eWeek, or Business Insider discussing the leak of OS 10.2.1.1055, or any prior leak.

Not one.

So tell me, where would this negative perception of BlackBerry come from as it relates to OS leaks?

The stories you do see in those sites I mentioned? BlackBerry fires a bunch more people, BlackBerry tries to sell itself, BlackBerry "fails" at trying to sell itself (as if that's a negative), BlackBerry let's a few more upper management people go...

That's where your "average" consumer / prosumer / enterprise customer gets their perception of the brand.

The "minority of tech-savvy users" happen to be the only ones that are even aware of the leaks in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:04 PM
    I need to evolve BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 04:23 AM
    Apologies If I am reviving this from the dead, but...

First, I was replying to post about "leaks" being "safe" at large just by virtue of originating from BlackBetry. In that regard, BlackBerry themselves blamed a "leak" as the culprit that destroyed their servers and delayed for weeks the launch of their iconic product. That was on the news. Is there any guarantee that tomorrow they will not come out and say, hey by the way, the reboot/sensor/what have you issue is due to a leaked OS version that messes up our servers and we can't calibrate X,Y,Z correctly? BlackBerry will have no qualms to throw all and any leakers under the bus.

Second, regarding the concept of "leaks" in the media, I have yet to see a "Prosumer" or "enterprise customers" that uses CNN, or USA Today, or mainstream media to evaluate their technical needs. You may be right about a portion of the average consumer; however, I would argue the majority of consumers nowadays use friends, carrier reps, and google (which leads them to crackberry) for information. The issue is the following: can I run this app? Yes, No. Answer in the US 9/10 is always Yes and No. Yes only if you are on a leak XYZ.

And, overall, again, conceptually, "leak" is antithetical to a brand based on "security."
    On the issue of BBM, yes, the leak issue there was a problem. But there were also a bunch of fake android BBM apps around the same time that caused additional confusion issues too. But, when it relaunched a few weeks later, it was still a big hit. Even with that real public blunder that was mentioned beyond the tech blogs, it didn't really hurt BBM as a brand all that much.

Back to OS leaks, I still maintain that unless one is a big enough enthusiasts that one hangs around this forum, and others like BB Review, N4BB, and similar, one won't even know leaks exist.

I already mentioned other typical business and "prosumer" type sites like eWeek (tech for business site) and Business Insider, but you also never hear a peep about OS leaks for BB phones from sites like BGR, Engadget, Digital Times, Reuters Tech News, Popular Science, BBC Tech News, Yahoo News, The Wall Street Journal... shall I go on?

Only on specifically BB related blogs and forums do you ever read about an OS leak. The same few sites that have been announcing the availability of leaked OSs for many years now, going back to before the iPhone ever came into existence - an epoch in the mobile world.

Bottom line is: the perception of the BlackBerry brand (good or bad) has never been affected by the existence of leaked OSs.

Branding today is almost totally affected by consumerism. iPhone became cool and BlackBerry lost it. Simple as that. The bosses at my architecture firm dropped BlackBerry (and BES) as the company phone as soon as iPhone got native ActiveSync. I'm the only one in my office still using a BB to this day (started with the Pearl 8100 back in '07). All I get from my fellow architects, interior designers and engineers (I would consider many of them to be tech-savvy "prosumers"), is "dude, who uses a BlackBerry anymore?". Nothing about "dude, their OS gets leaked all the time".

In fact, my firm also has a software subsidiary company producing, running and selling a web-based project management program with mobile access. And the lead programmer actually thought it was cool that I had a Z10. And she's an avid Android fan.

Look at iOS with jailbreaking and Android with all the custom and hacked roms out there. And their existence is talked about beyond their enthusiast circle of blogs and into the general public all the time. A potential customer that does the research you suggest will come across that info much more readily. Android especially with its OS fragmentation and how app compatibility for it can be affected. Their branding hasn't been hurt by any of that seeing as how everyone - average consumer, business and prosumers alike - still flock to those phones.

I guess I've derailed this thread enough, and say that I'll leave my argument there, and agree to disagree.

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz and RazrRob like this.
    12-19-13 10:52 AM
    First you tell me it's not a leak, then you go on to tell me about how you "have good luck with leaks" and you "can't force [me] to install a leak." So now you're calling it a leak.

Not approved for my combination of device and carrier = leak. There is no debate.

No leaks. No betas. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    wow maybe you should install a beta OS into your head and see if that improves your brain function.

EVERY piece of software you have ever used, has been in beta stage at one point or another in it's lifespan, ESPECIALLY BlackBerry operating systems.

If you installed 10.2.0.4200, as a leak from an autoloader, you would be installing the EXACT OS that my Z10 got updated to on T-Mobile.

No clue. No idea. Ever.
    Derlitz and curvezzz like this.
    12-19-13 06:10 PM

No clue. No idea. Ever.
    Hahaha I like that hold for mock it..

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1901
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-19-13 09:02 PM
    T-Mobile 10.2 official download where are you-bnyc.png

Derlitz and curvezzz like this.
    12-19-13 09:06 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bnyc.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	329.8 KB 
ID:	231699

Roflmaoooo

12-19-13 09:27 PM
    I downloaded a leak, the latest one. Had for a couple of weeks. Perfect......... All of a sudden the phone went crazy and died. One blink then 5 more blinks, eventually it stopped working. Moral of story be careful.

Lucky my warranty at T-Mobile worked

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 10:08 PM
    still 10.1 anyone has some info of Tmob hungary 10.2.1 release date??
    01-27-14 11:46 AM
    Tmo wants you to buy another phone. So no to slow upgrades you get.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    01-27-14 05:31 PM
    Not yet I'm in Philadelphia I can't wait though

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:34 PM
    I just got a new phone well BlackBerry replacement....no update..ugh

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 06:30 PM
165 ... 567