I'm sure the unleaked 10.2 will be available to TMO customers in the next 8 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    Note that he wrote "Z30."

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:50 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile US, and I've been using leaks for at least six months. Never "rendered my phone to utter uselessness." in fact, it's been quite beneficial installing leaks. Many new features, bugs fixed, it's faster, games run better (if you're into that), etc. If you rely on wifi calling, I'd suggest using 10.2.0.1791 with the 10.2.0.811 radio file. The only issue with that is the "General Problems" error when sending SMS/MMS over wifi (they send, but show the red X and says general problems as if they weren't sent.) I used that for quite a while, and really thinking about going back to it.

Posted via CB10 on my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.0.1809)
    I'm glad someone properly terms them what they are - LEAKS

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:50 PM
    You can get that OS build through sachesi, but I don't know off the top of my head what country/carrier codes you'd use to find it. And for the .811 radio, just download the radio only autoloader. Radio autoloaders are non-destructive.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info! Yeah I know about radio files but didn't know if the OS file was released somewhere in the world. I'll let him know though. That SMS glitch is really going to suck though but ah well.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:51 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now

I used that to get official rogers 10.2 im on att.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    Don't kid yourself. There is no official 10.2 on ATT.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:52 PM
    Pretty sure that's the official OS rogers released and I dropped on my att Z via sachesi I never tried an autoloader leak.

Right. Not approved for your combination of carrier and device = LEAK. Doesn't matter how you came about this unapproved software.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10

Again, look at what was actually written. She said she got the official Rogers update to use on her phone currently connected to AT&T. They're the same hardware, thus why the OS works.

Right. Not approved for your combination of carrier and device = LEAK. Doesn't matter how you came about this unapproved software.

Posted via CB10
    Can't remember how it was for BBOS as I never used them, but *technically* when CB users refer to "leaks" with BB10 they're talking about OS versions that haven't been released by any carriers.

It doesn't matter where it's been released in the world and for the most part, there aren't too many documented issues with using another international carrier's OS release on your domestic device, save for things like Wifi Calling for T-Mobile or issues with SMS/MSS delivery.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:55 PM
    Awesome, thanks a lot for the info! Yeah I know about radio files but didn't know if the OS file was released somewhere in the world. I'll let him know though. That SMS glitch is really going to suck though but ah well.

Posted via CB10
    More negatives of LEAKED software

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... that's my main problem with using that combination. I like having my delivery reports. I can't understand why there isn't a newer 10.2 that fully supported wifi calling. It seems 10.2.1.1055 wifi calling works for some people with Z30's, but I've never been able to make it work on my Z10.

00stryder likes this.
    12-15-13 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Be that as it may, it is a user's choice to do what they will with their device. Nearly every leak posted on CB comes with a disclaimer and in the event that something does go wrong, proper planning an preparation ahead of time makes it relatively simple to revert back to a "supported" OS.

Leaks may not work for you, and that's fine, but to throw blanket statements on them like you wrote above is not beneficial to the CB community. If you have tried a leak on your BB10 device before (I honestly don't know if you have or not) then maybe you can share your experience, but if you haven't then you can't really knock something you don't personally have any experience with. Just sayin'...

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz, curvezzz, RazrRob and 3 others like this.
    12-15-13 02:07 PM
    I and I alone will decide what OS will be on MY phone. And I will afford everyone else the same freedom. I don't for a minute pretend to know what is best for others as someone else seems to think.
    Derlitz, curvezzz, FF22 and 5 others like this.
    12-15-13 02:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    The only one kidding their self is you. I never said I had an official OS from AT&T! A leak in my book and many other rational people is an os that has NOT been officially released by ANY carrier i.e. 10.2.1. You can stay oppressed by your US carrier, that's your choice. I can't believe someone with 2300 posts since April is this ignorant?!

RazrRob, Mecca EL, grover5 and 3 others like this.
    12-15-13 02:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's approved, by rogers. My carrier is just dragging their heels and filling it with bloatware before they follow suit.

Derlitz, RazrRob, Mecca EL and 3 others like this.
    12-15-13 02:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Like there are NO negatives on ota released os's from carriers?? Wonder what the 10.1 MR was all about uzzled:

12-15-13 02:30 PM
    Add AT&T to those hiding.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:30 PM
    The only one kidding their self is you. I never said I had an official OS from AT&T! A leak in my book and many other rational people is an os that has NOT been officially released by ANY carrier i.e. 10.2.1. You can stay oppressed by your US carrier, that's your choice. I can't believe someone with 2300 posts since April is this ignorant?!

Good point, number of posts does not equate to intelligence.
    jimpilot, curvezzz and Mecca EL like this.
    12-15-13 02:32 PM
    Let's step back from the personal attacks, please. Regardless of whether the posts were meant as such, it's more about how things are perceived on public forums than what's actually meant.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:30 PM
    Be that as it may, it is a user's choice to do what they will with their device. Nearly every leak posted on CB comes with a disclaimer and in the event that something does go wrong, proper planning an preparation ahead of time makes it relatively simple to revert back to a "supported" OS.

Leaks may not work for you, and that's fine, but to throw blanket statements on them like you wrote above is not beneficial to the CB community. If you have tried a leak on your BB10 device before (I honestly don't know if you have or not) then maybe you can share your experience, but if you haven't then you can't really knock something you don't personally have any experience with. Just sayin'...

Posted via CB10
    Of course one can do what they wish with their phones. Please tell me where I said it isn't.

No leaks. No betas. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:33 PM
    I and I alone will decide what OS will be on MY phone. And I will afford everyone else the same freedom. I don't for a minute pretend to know what is best for others as someone else seems to think.
    No leaks. No betas. Ever. That's the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:34 PM
    It's approved, by rogers. My carrier is just dragging their heels and filling it with bloatware before they follow suit.

Best to be safe.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:36 PM
    Let's step back from the personal attacks, please. Regardless of whether the posts were meant as such, it's more about how things are perceived on public forums than what's actually meant.

Posted via CB10
    Like calling me unintelligent? Yes, I agree.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:37 PM
    Of course one can do what they wish with their phones. Please tell me where I said it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    I will respond with a similar request: Please tell me where I said that you said others could not do what they wish with their phones. (Confusing sentence, lol.) I did, however, say that the comments you made about leaks are inaccurate and generalizing the user experience with them.

I understand where you're coming from though and it's great that you care so much about the fidelity of software testing on OS's released from your specific carrier, but I do encourage you to take a quick look into the leak scene (again, that's for BB10, I don't know how it was on BBOS) as I think that there's a lot of info that you may have missed about installing OS updates on BB10 devices and the different types of updates available ("leak" vs. international carrier release) as well as the methods of utilizing them.

Just to quickly illustrate my point, if you are on AT&T (or T-Mobile) in the US, take a day trip up to Canada and get a Canadian carrier's SIM card to avoid roaming charges (yes, I know it's not an issue anymore on T-Mobile but for the sake of argument let's assume it is), your phone will notify you that you have an OS update available soon after you power the device up. It'll say that it's from Rogers or Bell or whoever you use, but it will still be a carrier-pushed 10.2 update. Once you return to the US and pop in your American SIM card, the OS update will remain (provided that you installed it before removing the Canadian SIM card); your device will not downgrade back to the latest OS version "supported" by your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz, curvezzz, RazrRob and 4 others like this.
    12-15-13 04:47 PM
    Like calling me unintelligent? Yes, I agree.

Posted via CB10
    Please take a moment to read my post and point me to the quote where I singled you out and said that you were unintelligent.
    deezy87 likes this.
    12-15-13 05:02 PM
    Ok... So listen up or rather READ carefully... I have a Verizon z30! that i am using with my T-Mobile sim card!

There is no way... I will never have an official os!

Now about your leak official comments...

Most of the leaks that have been found have been used by other Carriers.... just because it was used for let's say Rogers does not mean it will not work for Att....

Similar as when in the BBOS days... I used att or Telus or rogers os version on old BlackBerry devices...

So you mean you don't have a BlackBerry Beta account? That means you do nothing for the community and just sit there while others think of great things for you to have and recommend BlackBerry to develop? I hope you never use bbm or twitter or fb or anything that has ever been in BlackBerry Beta Zone... because I would be very angry that I sat there days and nights writing reviews and comments sent to BlackBerry because of the bugs I found...

Thanx for listening... And stop arguing with others about your choice of beta or leaks.. no one cares
    Derlitz likes this.
    12-15-13 05:16 PM
    Ok... So listen up or rather READ carefully... I have a Verizon z30! that i am using with my T-Mobile sim card!

There is no way... I will never have an official os!

Now about your leak official comments...

Most of the leaks that have been found have been used by other Carriers.... just because it was used for let's say Rogers does not mean it will not work for Att....

Similar as when in the BBOS days... I used att or Telus or rogers os version on old BlackBerry devices...

So you mean you don't have a BlackBerry Beta account? That means you do nothing for the community and just sit there while others think of great things for you to have and recommend BlackBerry to develop? I hope you never use bbm or twitter or fb or anything that has ever been in BlackBerry Beta Zone... because I would be very angry that I sat there days and nights writing reviews and comments sent to BlackBerry because of the bugs I found...

Thanx for listening... And stop arguing with others about your choice of beta or leaks.. no one cares
    I have to agree with everything stated by Spade because I have a Verizon z30 with a AT&T sim card.

CrackBerry...where Stupid People fight about Smart Phones.
    Its Spade likes this.
    12-15-13 05:24 PM
    No leaks. No betas. Ever. That's the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    A person is entitled to their own opinion and everyone else should respect that as you should respect theirs.

CrackBerry...where Stupid People fight about Smart Phones.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-15-13 05:26 PM
165 1234 ...