So I am in a unique position where I get three bars of LTE coverage where I live and full 4G coverage. Since being under the impression that 4G gave better battery life, I have been using that since I saw how to change settings in the engineering screen. I have also experienced greater temperatures and power usage since doing so(although didn't put it together in my head until recently). It never mattered if I was using WiFi or not. I finally have switched back to LTE and have experienced less power usage and lower temperatures. I would really appreciate if you could share your own results if you have done so. I'm thinking that the hard-wired SIM cards and the phone are constantly doing battle to change the cell band.

For those TDLR: For those on AT&T forcing the use of 4G, it could very well be a source of battery drain for you. Check.
    04-14-13 09:40 PM
    I live in an area with no lte :-( and shut it off when the engineering screen post went up and have had better battery life since. My z10 definitely gets a little warm when I stress it out but nothing excessive.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:36 PM