04-20-13 09:53 AM
478 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Ever since the update, my screen randomly turns on when my phone is charging.
    This is getting annoying, as I have to keep it out at my desk at work in case I get an important message.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:02 PM
    This is getting annoying, as I have to keep it out at my desk at work in case I get an important message.

Posted via CB10
    Weird, I haven't noticed that at all. You sure it's not an app doing that?
    04-14-13 05:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mine does this too. I thought it was the OS having a bug, but it could be an app.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:27 PM
    I'm on AT&T, but with a Bell unlocked Z10 I got in mid-Feb, on .85 (Rogers update) and running great with very good battery life and no reboots. I'm kind of in the "if it ain't broke..." mindset, and also am concerned about losing options like tethering and mobile hotspot. Do those still show up as options in the network settings on this OS?
    Yes they are still there...and as long as you pay for it you can use it.
    04-14-13 06:04 PM
    I could have fried an egg on mine the other day when it froze...and that's even with the Otterbox on.
    Still, it's a great phone. BlackBerry just needs to shake the gremlins out of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check battery level when it flashes. I've found that when mine does that it's because it's reached 100%. It'll then trickle charge. This could mean that it discharges, depending on what it's doing. It'll then charge up to 100%... and flash.

Disclaimer : haven't read this anywhere just my own observations

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-14-13 06:28 PM
    Has anyone done the update using the blackberry site update method? I wonder if you could save the update which is likely still stored in your Internet Explorer cache and upload it to a fileshare site and send me the link so I can have a look at it?

Thanks.
    04-14-13 06:35 PM
    That reminds me... occasionally when I receive phone calls the screen goes black and there is nothing to swipe down on the screen to even answer the phone. I have to wait for the contact to show on the screen again...hopefully before they hang up.
    04-14-13 06:35 PM
    That is alot of applications. I download them as I need them. CB10 and N4BB update automatically as well. You can set them to refresh Manually if you want. CB10 is one of the best applications for BlackBerry news, so I let that one update on its own .

It is really up to you. If you adjust the settings in the applications you should be good. Some of the applications I have yet to try.

Cheers

That's what I said.
    I've noticed that blog apps are set to refresh after 30 minutes by default so I reset to manual.
    04-14-13 06:50 PM
    Has anyone done the update using the blackberry site update method? I wonder if you could save the update which is likely still stored in your Internet Explorer cache and upload it to a fileshare site and send me the link so I can have a look at it?

Thanks.
    The blackberry site only seems to activate the BB desktop manager.
    04-14-13 06:52 PM
    I'm on 10.0.10.85 now on Fido.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    One is the OS, one is the software.
    04-14-13 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've had that before and after I replaced my usb cable it worked better. I think it kept disconnecting and reconnecting to charge cause each time you plug ur phone in to charge it will turn the screen on.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:12 PM
    With Rogers.. have 10.0.10.85.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:15 PM
    Hi Guys,

I just installed this during the weekend and I noticed right now that my GPS acquisition seemed weakened. Before I can do Fouresquare inside my office but now I can't be located. I also tried Google Maps and same results. Anyone getting the same problem?
    04-14-13 08:05 PM
    I don't want to connect any of the following to the update but here are some things I have noticed since the update. I would appreciate if anyone that has experienced the same to let me know:

1) I exited out my music player last night and it kept playing music. I then restarted it but there was like an hour after where there was a continuous idle drain equivalent to what the music player would use.

2) Increased temperature. The longer I use it, the temperature just keeps increasing until it hits like 35 degrees celcius. This is not playing any games, just the same old tasks that wouldn't increase temperature that much.
    04-14-13 08:20 PM
    That's six hours of pretty heavy usage and you're still at 63%? That's awesome! I got to around that much after 4 hours on very light use. Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.

Posted via CB10
    What battery meter app are you using?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:41 PM
    Battery Guru

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-14-13 11:43 PM
    Battery Guru

Just saw that you're a student too! My school's Wifi is somewhat spotty also, so I'm always switching between LTE, HPSA+, and Wifi. In some buildings, I lose cell service altogether, which probably really strains the battery. I guess the constant switching would drain the battery, too.
    04-14-13 11:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just thought of this, but the screen comes on when the device hits 100% charge, so if you check the phone, it drops to 99% and you put it down, the screen will probably light back up when it hits 100 again. That could be it
    04-15-13 12:30 AM
    Just saw that you're a student too! My school's Wifi is somewhat spotty also, so I'm always switching between LTE, HPSA+, and Wifi. In some buildings, I lose cell service altogether, which probably really strains the battery. I guess the constant switching would drain the battery, too.
    My school's wifi is so terrible where I am that I just use my cell service

FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:33 AM
    Hi Guys,

I just installed this during the weekend and I noticed right now that my GPS acquisition seemed weakened. Before I can do Fouresquare inside my office but now I can't be located. I also tried Google Maps and same results. Anyone getting the same problem?
    Have noticed this as well. I think that perhaps in an attempt to save power, the have ampd some stuff down.
    04-15-13 12:34 AM
    Have noticed this as well. I think that perhaps in an attempt to save power, the have ampd some stuff down.
    Just tested BlackBerry Maps indoors and it found me instantly. I'll test it in a few different places tomorrow to check it out, now that I know other people are seeing a difference
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:43 AM
    Just thought of this, but the screen comes on when the device hits 100% charge, so if you check the phone, it drops to 99% and you put it down, the screen will probably light back up when it hits 100 again. That could be it
    yeah that happens to mine as well, STL-2. when the charging has reached 100% then the screen lights up, perhaps its another feature to notify the user that the phone is fully charged. well if you look at WP they also do similar too. i have a lumia and when the charging completes the screen always lights up. quite handy for me.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-15-13 12:52 AM
    EBay App. Did. Not work Anymore After Update.
    04-15-13 04:01 AM
    EBay App. Did. Not work Anymore After Update.
    What is not working? Mine seems to be
    04-15-13 04:06 AM
478 ... 1516171819 ...